Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 16, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #1,606 of 33,689
  I have Moondrop Nocturne single BA iem they extremely clean sounding iem with lots of micro details and lush vocals mid centric sound signature but they are pretty lacks on bass and and brightish nature. 

I think it might be the same 13.5mm driver from the VX and ClieOS rate that pretty high but then sealed up which may warm it up nicely. Certainly high on the list to check out and see how they did with it. They do look sweet and not a fingerprint/smudge magnet this one :) Moondrop have the nice FAD thing going without being copycats.

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #1,607 of 33,689

I think it might be the same 13.5mm driver from the VX and ClieOS rate that pretty high but then sealed up which may warm it up nicely. Certainly high on the list to check out and see how they did with it. They do look sweet and not a fingerprint/smudge magnet this one :) Moondrop have the nice FAD thing going without being copycats.

The graphs of Moondrop Nocturne and the FAD Heaven II are almost the same from inearmatters measurements. The FAD connection is surely not a coincidence; plus it looks like a mini fibass. I haven't heard the Heaven II to confirm if they sound the same, but heaven IVs are way warmer and have weighty notes - compared to the Nocturnes.

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #1,608 of 33,689
Wow gonna keep my tabs on these. Might actually sound better than my LZ-A2s currently. 
As hyped as the A2S was, I'd much rather go for the 4in1, so if this is better than the 4in1, it'll be one to look out for.

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #1,609 of 33,689
Damn, I got my **** UEs and WOW are they a freaking value. The sound is so airy with an amazing soundstage. 50 hours in and I'm having trouble picking up my UE900s after using the Senfers. I did not expect this much sound for ~$30. Can someone explain how a single BA driver and a Dynamic driver sound so good? The UE900s has 4 BA drivers and the **** is close to it in performance imo. Different sound signature for sure, but the clarity and detail seem so close.

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #1,610 of 33,689
As hyped as the A2S was, I'd much rather go for the 4in1, so if this is better than the 4in1, it'll be one to look out for.

Exactly my thoughts. I have both and the 4in1 is on another level across the spectrum. Although I can understand some people preferring the A2S if they dislike bright sound signature. With that said the new DT2 Plus better outperform the 4in1 due to the higher price and more drivers, otherwise it would mean **** did not tune it properly.

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #1,611 of 33,689
  Damn, I got my **** UEs and WOW are they a freaking value. The sound is so airy with an amazing soundstage. 50 hours in and I'm having trouble picking up my UE900s after using the Senfers. I did not expect this much sound for ~$30. Can someone explain how a single BA driver and a Dynamic driver sound so good? The UE900s has 4 BA drivers and the **** is close to it in performance imo. Different sound signature for sure, but the clarity and detail seem so close.

Seems like you can't go wrong with the current **** lineup. I have the 4in1 but never heard the UEs. People who own both said the main difference is UEs are more balanced, while the 4in1 is brighter and has a more prominent lower end.

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #1,614 of 33,689
Can't find it on Ali yet.

Now **** DT2 Plus Dynamic With 2BA Hybrid Drive In Ear Earphone Ceramic IE800 HIFI Earplhone With MMCX Interface Free Shipping
http://s.aliexpress.com/FF7BJ3me
(from AliExpress Android)

These are more expensive than previous one mentioned here. And if You look at pictures shown, there aren't any chin sliders on the cables? Really unpractical.

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #1,615 of 33,689
  Just a heads up, the DT2 Plus is now listed in the HCK store

Cool as you can get it w/o cable if you choose. Any of the cheaper choices better than the bundled silver cable?? HCK only really has two other, the snakeskin and the LZ. The LZ has a slider and black connection points which I like better.

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #1,616 of 33,689
Once again you totally missed my point, what I was trying to communicate (buy obviously failed to do so) was that we all hear things differently and therefore making bold statements and broad generalization is pretty meaningless in this hobby imo.

I know that you love to repeat in the dedicated threads that you don't like this and that product always questioning that other can enjoy it since you can not. Fortunately we're all allowed to like what we like and there's dedicated threads in here with people enjoying pretty much every headphone and IEM's that exist. To me this is a good thing and what makes this hobby so fun and interesting.

Edit: I'm pretty sure there are unit variations in the ATE production and my pair may not sound like many others but they're the ones I've got and they really not enjoyable to me. This is really irrelevant in this discussion but I just wanted to clarify it anyway.

Yeah, Understand! I think your ATE might be defected a little bit. It cannot be compared with like Havi, but it's really really good at its ~$10 price. Anyway, thanks for clarification!

Oct 16, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #1,619 of 33,689
If You like earphones EQ'ed than You don't like them.

smily_headphones1.gif

This is my major thing with this thread: people are advocating for the purchase of IEMs that they don't even like the sound signature of! Furthermore, they only vaguely say that they are being "EQ'd", without providing any technical information about the changes being made.

If it were me looking for a new IEM to purchase, I would stay away from anything that forces me to use an equalizer given the extreme lack of consistency across different EQs and their implementations. It simply makes no sense to me, and seems rather unnecessary in a day when we have such a great variety of IEMs that sound good out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back