Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 16, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #1,591 of 33,689
Seriously ?! 248RMB for 3 drivers hybrid that's not even 40$. Just wait through the weekend, i believe both AE stores will have it soon enough with even cheaper price. Thanks for the good discovery, now we have more options to choose.

I found out the **** has a new earphone DT2Plus, with one DD and 2 BA drivers. The look is similar with DT2 and DT2Pro. The price is only few dollars higher.  In Chinese:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-11443418008.29.bIj94H&id=540137589582

Do you have good relationship with HCK or the banned seller? Could you ask them to add this iem?

Knew it was up as I saw them on Sounds World yesterday on Ali. $47 for silver cable and $42.75 for regular cable.

"Newest upgraded **** DT2 Plus Dynamic Balanced Armature IEMS In Ear HIFI Monitors DJ Stereo Music Earphones Headphone Earbuds

Specification:                                                                                                            

1. Product Name: **** dt2 plus
  2. Drive unit type: 1 Dynamic with 2 Balanced Armature hybrid drive unit 
  3. Brand: ****"

Does it say what no. Knowles driver on Taobao?? I click the link and it gives just a search page and too in a hurry(have to go to breakfast)

Let us know how they sound of course. Never particularly like the armatures in front on the dynamic path design as it is hard to do right but they are cheap!
beerchug.gif

Oct 16, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #1,592 of 33,689
Edit: I'm pretty sure there are unit variations in the ATE production and my pair may not sound like many others but they're the ones I've got and they really not enjoyable to me. This is really irrelevant in this discussion but I just wanted to clarify it anyway.

There are even various iterations of the first generation ATE around - some with only one small vent and some with two (or something like that - there was a discussion in a German community some months back with pictures of both models; I don't fully remember it anymore). One of them is bass-heavy and muddy whereas the other is much more natural and only moderately bassy, with an overall warm and dark tonality (I've got the latter).

For $10, I would say the ATE is a solid/good buy and there is hardly any Western big-brand IEM with comparable tonal balance and resolution below $30. The consensus on the other bass-heavy version however is that it sounds muddy and is not enjoyable.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were even more iterations of the ATE, as some users I trust also reported about a v-shaped version of it.

Oct 16, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #1,593 of 33,689

is this the one? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-upgraded-****-DT2-Plus-Dynamic-Balanced-Armature-IEMS-In-Ear-HIFI-Monitors-DJ-Stereo-Music/32751101024.html?spm=2114.30010308.8.40.HrvU8M

i'm a huge fan of the (dual driver) dt2--if the dt2 plus is better it'll be a game changer, esp. at that price.

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #1,596 of 33,689
To me the KZ ATE's only real saving grace is if you're after bass, it can handle a very silly amount of bass boost to the point of making it an entry level true basshead iem. Otherwise, there are other IEMs in that relative price range that I feel offer a higher quality sound, like the QKZ W1 Pro.

As far as the BA comment, I have to disagree given my appreciation for the level of detail a well made BA IEM can offer, like the Ety HF5. I do admit I'm a bigger fan of drivers, but there is certainly a place for BAs.

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #1,599 of 33,689

Knew it was up as I saw them on Sounds World yesterday on Ali. $47 for silver cable and $42.75 for regular cable.

"Newest upgraded **** DT2 Plus Dynamic Balanced Armature IEMS In Ear HIFI Monitors DJ Stereo Music Earphones Headphone Earbuds

Specification:                                                                                                            

1. Product Name: **** dt2 plus
  2. Drive unit type: 1 Dynamic with 2 Balanced Armature hybrid drive unit 
  3. Brand: ****"

Does it say what no. Knowles driver on Taobao?? I click the link and it gives just a search page and too in a hurry(have to go to breakfast)

Let us know how they sound of course. Never particularly like the armatures in front on the dynamic path design as it is hard to do right but they are cheap!
beerchug.gif

Wow gonna keep my tabs on these. Might actually sound better than my LZ-A2s currently. 

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #1,600 of 33,689
Is mmcx cable more durable or 2 pin cable more durable. I might buy a super dolphine

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #1,602 of 33,689
To me the KZ ATE's only real saving grace is if you're after bass, it can handle a very silly amount of bass boost to the point of making it an entry level true basshead iem. Otherwise, there are other IEMs in that relative price range that I feel offer a higher quality sound, like the QKZ W1 Pro.

As far as the BA comment, I have to disagree given my appreciation for the level of detail a well made BA IEM can offer, like the Ety HF5. I do admit I'm a bigger fan of drivers, but there is certainly a place for BAs.

For me the ATE sound very good. I prefer it over the ED9. We all perceive sound differently and have different tastes

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #1,604 of 33,689
Is mmcx cable more durable or 2 pin cable more durable. I might buy a super dolphine

Be careful with the 2-pin connection, over on the ROSE thread another member's Cappuccinos were soldered incorrectly. I'm not saying this is the same case with Super Audio but the risk is there.

Here is his case;
http://www.head-fi.org/t/808952/rose-technology-discussion-impressions-thread/555#post_12931796

Users who are viewing this thread

Back