CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 15, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #31,548 of 31,845
Hi guys, long-time lurker here. I am currently using CCA C10, which i bought some years back based on recommendations in this forum.
Recently I bought the CCA CRA+ and still waiting for it to arrive, but I believe it's just a side-grade to the C10.
So now I am now looking for an upgrade. What are some options in the $50 range?
Usually I listen to pop, classical and soundtracks. Nothing too bassy for me.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 12:42 AM Post #31,549 of 31,845
Hi guys, long-time lurker here. I am currently using CCA C10, which i bought some years back based on recommendations in this forum.
Recently I bought the CCA CRA+ and still waiting for it to arrive, but I believe it's just a side-grade to the C10.

Thanks in advance!

Simgot EW200, 7Hz Sonus, Tripowin Piccolo

Nov 15, 2023 at 1:05 AM Post #31,550 of 31,845

Thanks in advance!
A Koss headphone. Portapro if you like musicality or KPH40 if you like balanced and possibly boring sounding over a long period of time/with the wrong setup. Portapro seems to be tuned better...possibly.

Despite all the bad KZ's I've bought/we've all bought... (sigh). I actually kinda liked the CCA C10. But it's past its best before date by 3-5 years.

I wish I could recommend the KZ Castor Bass but I'm still looking for the right eartips/cable.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #31,552 of 31,845
Throwback Thursdays,
Blast from the past, Shozy & AAW Pentacle

243266402_4363927757030611_4677019893706178289_n.jpg

Nov 16, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #31,554 of 31,845
So what's the newest hype regarding $10-ish neutralish IEMs? I have and still use Vivo Ex800 (I think), Urbanfun, Monoprice 8320 and Havi's. Ive been away a long time.

Neutralish budget king would be the Salnotes Zero. However, a Zero 2 is coming out soon, so maybe wait for that (price TBC).

Nov 16, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #31,556 of 31,845
Nice find. Indeed I see some good reviews, will check it (or the 2) out.
I personally feel the Salnotes are to bright but I must agree there are a lot of positive reviews.
I would really say the Moondrop Chu 2 are a better choice. More neutral and more fun overall. Less fatigue also.
I also ordered the TRN Conch and preordered the Kz PR3. These 2 have the potential to be very good budget IEM’s either.

Nov 16, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #31,557 of 31,845
hey guys, anybody have tested or reviewed the Night Oblivion Butastur?

I was expecting lotta reviews and sound impressions but i either miss it or dont see it...i mean there 3 reviews on headfi but i struggle to get an idea of the sound still....i expect crazy layering-imaging with 10ba as well as rich lively macro dynamic. the bass i expect it fast and round, not thin due to graph that show proper full range bass apart perhaps sub roll off?

i mean 10 knowles BA for 600$ is something quite exceptional....could it compete with overhyped big boi like the 64audio U12T? this is my question here. do it offer great sound value technicaly wise and did tuning is refined and cohesive enough to be consider high end?

ill do my best to review those, even if i have to throw $ to do so for plain sound value reviewing curiosity.

Nov 17, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #31,558 of 31,845
Hi guys,
I 'am a budding audiophile since last 2 months & currently listening to music on my Oneplus 7 Pro using CCA NRA & Salnotes Zero.
Planning to upgrade my iems & after going through the reviews am torn between Simgot EW200, Etymotic ER2XR, Letshuoer S12 Pro & QKZ X HBB KHAN.
I love listening jazz, rock, edm, ost's, concerts.... basically, a varied choice...

Please guide me in selecting the appropriate iem from above, also feel free to suggest other than above ones.
Thank you all in advance.
You all rock.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #31,559 of 31,845
Hi guys,
I 'am a budding audiophile since last 2 months & currently listening to music on my Oneplus 7 Pro using CCA NRA & Salnotes Zero.
Planning to upgrade my iems & after going through the reviews am torn between Simgot EW200, Etymotic ER2XR, Letshuoer S12 Pro & QKZ X HBB KHAN.
I love listening jazz, rock, edm, ost's, concerts.... basically, a varied choice...

Please guide me in selecting the appropriate iem from above, also feel free to suggest other than above ones.
You all rock.
What do you like/dislike about your CCA NRA and Salnotes Zero? And is there anything you want out of your next IEM?

Nov 20, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #31,560 of 31,845
Hi guys,

You all rock.

I'd suggest a dongle DAC first, that will improve upon sound from your phone. That should help with details, separation, imaging and power to drive anything more demanding. Huge range of options from around $10, as usual the sky's the limit. I use a Hiby FC3.

Salnotes Zero is very capable as a neutral tuned IEM.

Rock and EDM will benefit from a more impactful bass.

Experiment with eartips too, they make a huge difference. Much more than cables!

S12 Pro - rather expensive option compared to everything else you mentioned.
KHAN - Castor Bass Edition is cheaper and more recent, gives some tuning options with switches too.
Simgot EW200 - good IEM by all accounts.
Tripowin Piccolo - another good option that flew under the radar.
Kinera Celeste Pandamon - on sale for around $30 at Angelears on AE (weird faceplate but non-fatiguing tuning and very comfortable).

Start checking reviews, and keep in mind that everyone has their own personal preferences.
If you are in search of treble until your ears bleed, I am not the person to ask!:ksc75smile:

You will get more bang for your buck by waiting for sales and buying older models rather than the latest gear. Those are more likely to be discounted and will have much more feedback available. FOTM is driven largely by hype and marketing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back