CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 5, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #29,536 of 31,867
Also single dd is really good for casual listening but not layering, separation, detail; they can't beat hybrid or full ba iem.
There are plenty of single DDs that can outclass multi driver Ba iems. Maybe not at the budget price point but an iem simply being multi BA doesn't automatically give it a win vs a single DD iem, don't fall into the more drivers = better trap.

Jan 5, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #29,537 of 31,867
There are plenty of single DDs that can outclass multi driver Ba iems. Maybe not at the budget price point but an iem simply being multi BA doesn't automatically give it a win vs a single DD iem, don't fall into the more drivers = better trap.
Well yes it depend but from my experience, only few single dd can actually win againist multi ba/ hybrid at the same price ... Atleast at layering/treble extension

Jan 5, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #29,538 of 31,867
Well yes it depend but from my experience, only few single dd can actually win againist multi ba/ hybrid at the same price ... Atleast at layering/treble extension
That was true until the CCA CRA and its dirt cheap too. It extends better than my FDX1 in fact.

Jan 5, 2022 at 11:05 PM Post #29,539 of 31,867
That was true until the CCA CRA and its dirt cheap too. It extends better than my FDX1 in fact.
That unexpected from an iem that cost 10$.
Hmm maybe because my source aren't powerful enough to drive these DD ...

Jan 5, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #29,540 of 31,867
Thanks baskingshark & Tzennn -

I should have been clearer. I'm looking for for airy and extended treble with a bit pushed bass (some kind of V, U, or W shape as I listen at medium volume and lower, which fits all recommended except maybe Heart Mirror). How is the treble on Aria & Yuan Li (monitor)? Are they perhaps a bit tame? How is the bass on Heart Mirror? I'm looking at Kzs.

Thanks!

Heart Mirror's bass is linearly neutral from midbass to subbass. Amping increases the bass extension a bit, but this set is not for bassheads. It goes for quality > quantity for bass.

The treble extension on the Aria and Yuan Li are moderate, but not the best, they are not treblehead IEMs for sure.

Hmm, maybe for an extended treble with air and a bit of bass, u can check out the TRI Starsea. This set has 4 tuning options from neutral to U shaped. On the "amazing bass" switch, the sound is a bit U shaped with quite a lot of air and treble still. Trebleheads should like it. This set is very technical and has good soundstage, imaging, instrument separation and details.

Jan 6, 2022 at 3:27 AM Post #29,542 of 31,867
That unexpected from an iem that cost 10$.
Hmm maybe because my source aren't powerful enough to drive these DD ...
The CRAs are very easy to drive and they don't seem to scale with better sources.

Btw, just because the CRAs extend better than my FDX1 doesn't mean that they are better across the range. The FDX1 has much better tuned mids and lower treble. Bass wise the CRAs have a fun focused bass while the FDX1 is more neutral bassy for allowing it to stay clearer on bassy tracks.

What cable and tips do you use for cra? All stock?
All stock

I tried a better cable with the CRA but that only accentuated its 5khz peak

Jan 6, 2022 at 4:34 AM Post #29,544 of 31,867
Jan 6, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #29,545 of 31,867
Tripowin Lea u mean.
Not sure why he's not public yet but ...
Screenshot_2022-01-06-17-02-23-494_com.vanced.android.youtube.jpg

Jan 6, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #29,548 of 31,867
Baskingshark: TRI Starsea looks about perfect! The comments at Ali say that they have been on sale for $80, so I will have to wait them out ...

Thanks!

The "amazing bass" switch setting on the TRI Starsea is the bassiest config on this set, but even so, it isn't a basshead signature (contrary to the naming convention). It is a bass just north of neutral though.

Jan 6, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #29,549 of 31,867
I am hyped about it moondrop tripowin leá

Since l loved analytical, monitoring, harmanish IEM

IF someone reviewing her here, or she on ali.. I would buy

Jan 6, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #29,550 of 31,867
I am hyped about it moondrop tripowin leá

Since l loved analytical, monitoring, harmanish IEM

IF someone reviewing her here, or she on ali.. I would buy
Maybe just copy the whole KATO review and call it a day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back