CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 29, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #29,491 of 31,867
Hi everyone, I am just coming back to the audiophile world, any suggestions with a firm as my lovely Vsonic VSD3S but with mmcx cable, with straight cable instead the L shape from sone new earphones? As i remembered, the Vsonic was a V shape. Thank you everyone and happy new year!

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #29,492 of 31,867
Thanks for the clarification.

I really meant the N1, as they are more bassy than the N3 :wink:
143ac573a2075b5313cd09d204fa1e51ce178615.png

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #29,493 of 31,867
Thanks for the clarification.

I really meant the N1, as they are more bassy than the N3 :wink:143ac573a2075b5313cd09d204fa1e51ce178615.png
Don't have it so can't comment on that.

Dec 30, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #29,494 of 31,867
Thats how it goes with me in CANADA....i wait and wait and suddenly everything appear at same time. Did I even say i receive Tinhifi T3plus some days ago too?
Well, technically speaking, from the bunch the Kotori Dauntless is da king. Tonaly, its NOT a complete disaster...but the type of sound you sure need brain burn in to enjoy....and well, Treble head ears.
still, i look at the price...and the company experience....and my POTENTIAL alarm ring hard. As well as some my ears after more than an hour of listening at too high volume!
1640887530104.png

yep, technically speaking, its the Kotori Dauntless that impress the most....tonaly, none of them charm my ears so....but A4K might be the better balanced one with a lively dynamic.
with stock tips, it sound too agressive and bass anemic, with BQEYZ wide bore grey eartips its another story, soundstage open, bass have more punch and resonance and treble isnt as crualy sharp.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #29,495 of 31,867
Good sum up. I too prefer the EST over the C631 (but I do like the C631). And you're right, balanced on the EDT gives a nice impriovement.
Hi Slater. It's been a long time since you posted this, but how's the EST holding up? Is it still good compared to all the newer Chi-fi iems out there? I'm thinking of getting it. It's on Amazon for $24 right now. Is there a better option out there currently in this price range? Thank you.

https://www.amazon.com/Earphone-Ear...id=1640908653&sprefix=timmkoo,aps,134&sr=8-17

Dec 30, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #29,496 of 31,867
Hi Slater. It's been a long time since you posted this, but how's the EST holding up? Is it still good compared to all the newer Chi-fi iems out there? I'm thinking of getting it. It's on Amazon for $24 right now. Is there a better option out there currently in this price range? Thank you.

https://www.amazon.com/Earphone-Earbuds-Isolating-Monitor-Detachable/dp/B085QG2FVB/ref=sr_1_17?crid=3QFUG8NEIX53R&keywords=timmkoo&qid=1640908653&sprefix=timmkoo,aps,134&sr=8-17
Master @Slater has not posted recently... (We all do hope that he will be back!)
Since I got EST based on his advise - my opinion can be summarized is that it is very close (if not a direct relative) to Fiio F9 (not pro) - there are plenty reviews of F9 for you to look and decide whether EST are worth $24 now.

Dec 30, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #29,497 of 31,867
Master @Slater has not posted recently... (We all do hope that he will be back!)
Since I got EST based on his advise - my opinion can be summarized is that it is very close (if not a direct relative) to Fiio F9 (not pro) - there are plenty reviews of F9 for you to look and decide whether EST are worth $24 now.
Thank you. I appreciate your help! Will look at those reviews right now!

Dec 30, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #29,499 of 31,867
Hi guys, I listen to pop mostly and have been using Blon bl03 for a year and love it but the housing was broken recently and now I'm looking for an upgrade. I love neutral sound with decent bass and smooth vocal, I mostly listen to female singers and want to avoid treble spike. I read a lot of reviews and thinking about buying IT00, looks like it has good reviews and will be a safe option, is there any better option in IT00's price range? Thanks a lot!

Dec 30, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #29,500 of 31,867
Hi guys, I listen to pop mostly and have been using Blon bl03 for a year and love it but the housing was broken recently and now I'm looking for an upgrade. I love neutral sound with decent bass and smooth vocal, I mostly listen to female singers and want to avoid treble spike. I read a lot of reviews and thinking about buying IT00, looks like it has good reviews and will be a safe option, is there any better option in IT00's price range? Thanks a lot!

IT00 is an upgrade over BLON BL-03 in most areas, but I do feel BL-03 still has better timbre. And an achilles heel of the IT00 is bad driver flex, which can be a deal breaker for some.

If u can top up a bit more to just north of $100 USD, the KBEAR Aurora is a true upgrade over the BL-03, in keeping the same tonality, with better timbral accuracy. Technicalities are also better on the Aurora.

Dec 30, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #29,501 of 31,867
If you want something a bit cheaper and is intented as BL03 upgrade, you could try Trip Mele.
It won't have $100+ sq, but for sub$100 bass head, mid focus, and polite treble its well recommended

Dec 31, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #29,502 of 31,867
In previous episodes: I have been out of touch with chi-fi world for couple of years, as I was in love with my Senfеr DТ6 which I only sometimes swapped for Yinyоо V2 from time to time (V2 has smaller soundstage but overall still top notch and fairly neutral - especially for 2xDD!! - with some excellent drums). Both are cable-down IEMs and I never really managed to like over-the-ear format (although I enjoyed CCA C10 when it came out - for the sound, not bulkiness).

But based on the responses on the last dozen of pages, it seems like cable-down thing is largely dead so I have decided to order few over-the-ear items in sub USD 50 segment.

The first to arrive was HZSound Heart Mirror

First, I must say that if this is a representative packaging, then chi-fi has progressed a lot in the last two years! Very nice box, very premium-feeling carrying case, good selection of tips and quite an impressive stock cable (over-ear rails are actually quite soft so maybe I won't even cut those off as I used to do in 2018-2019)

Another side comment is that Rock Zircon medium tips are still the best for sound-isolating over-the-ear IEMs for me - something about those tips fits just great. It extends sub-bass very well without making things boomy and cancels out a lot of external noise.

But as I get to Heart Mirror sound overall, I am sad to admit I won't be giving them much use - from initial impression, it has good neutrality (which I love) and instrument separation but oh boy highs are piercing and harsh even at medium volumes. And not only they are piercing, they are also grainy - I understand it is often a side effect of improved clarity and crispiness of high frequencies but after smoothness of V2 and DТ6 (I know people complain about timbre tonality of the latter, I could never understand what it is all about but then I am still using copy from early 2020 when QC reportedly was better). On Heart Mirror, highs are in fact so harsh (even when equalised down) that I am not even sure I can go into further details and analysing mids and lows although first impression is that both are top notch.

Dec 31, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #29,503 of 31,867
But as I get to Heart Mirror sound overall, I am sad to admit I won't be giving them much use - from initial impression, it has good neutrality (which I love) and instrument separation but oh boy highs are piercing and harsh even at medium volumes. And not only they are piercing, they are also grainy - I understand it is often a side effect of improved clarity and crispiness of high frequencies but after smoothness of V2 and DТ6 (I know people complain about timbre tonality of the latter, I could never understand what it is all about but then I am still using copy from early 2020 when QC reportedly was better). On Heart Mirror, highs are in fact so harsh (even when equalised down) that I am not even sure I can go into further details and analysing mids and lows although first impression is that both are top notch.
I see that you have been deceived by the extremely high hype for these HZ Sound Heart Mirror. Maybe you had to find out in advance who likes such a sound. These are usually people who listen to specific (and very calm) music that relies on great detail in the high frequencies.
I for one usually listen to hard rock and heavy metal where high frequencies are much and very pronounced. And I cannot even imagine to put IEMs as Heart Mirror into my ears. Bands such as Iron Maiden or alike with two or three screaming guitars, cymbals, piercing vocals and so on will deafen my ears as soon as I do it.
I am not saying HM are not good. I just say that different kinds of music styles need different kinds of earphones.
Btw, I don't like DT-6, too. But that's another question. As long as I remember I was hyped for 6 months about these Sen'F'ers. And when I bought them and put them in my ears I was very disappointed. They were not for the music I usually listen to. 😉

Dec 31, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #29,504 of 31,867
Are piezoelectric drivers still in much use? They seemed to be enjoying hype which I think started when Artiste DC1 was released (decent IEMs by the way) but now I don't see many producers using piezo for high frequencies.

Am I looking in a wrong direction?

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #29,505 of 31,867
I see that you have been deceived by the extremely high hype for these HZ Sound Heart Mirror. Maybe you had to find out in advance who likes such a sound. These are usually people who listen to specific (and very calm) music that relies on great detail in the high frequencies.
I for one usually listen to hard rock and heavy metal where high frequencies are much and very pronounced. And I cannot even imagine to put IEMs as Heart Mirror into my ears. Bands such as Iron Maiden or alike with two or three screaming guitars, cymbals, piercing vocals and so on will deafen my ears as soon as I do it.
I am not saying HM are not good. I just say that different kinds of music styles need different kinds of earphones.
Btw, I don't like DT-6, too. But that's another question. As long as I remember I was hyped for 6 months about these Sen'F'ers. And when I bought them and put them in my ears I was very disappointed. They were not for the music I usually listen to. 😉
Thanks for your response, I agree jsut relying on reviews is hard because ears AND music tastes are different but interestingly Heart Mirror is one of those IEMs that were liked by people with whose opinions I agreed in the past, so it is double disappointing :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back