CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 31, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #28,486 of 31,833
Hmmmmmm...lol

I've nothing against getting mailed in gear for expensive sets, doing recording and commentary etc, then returning them. However, what you're mentioning does concern me a tad.

Oh and hey, check this out :) I was going to share it only with patrons but I guess I could share this with the forums since I only have one patron so far! Someone has to hear just how good these recordings are coming out...

Yes that's the Xenns UP (an expensive IEM), but it's a proof of concept. I'll have all my budget kings up on my channel with great recordings too everyone! I'm working on recording the Aria right now, and I already have Legacy 2 and Starfield recorded and ready to compare in a soon to be published video (couple days or so).

YouTube is still processing the video :joy: Glad to hear everything is going well though :thumbsup:

Jul 31, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #28,487 of 31,833
I am totally enamoured by the Heart Mirror. There is a wonderful transparency which I can attribute to an almost total lack of colouration.Timbre is very natural and separation very impressive. Watch out Aria.....

Jul 31, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #28,489 of 31,833
Is it true that they are bright, like many reviews suggest?
The Heart Mirror may be described as "neutral/bright". It has a very airy extended treble which is not harsh or peaky. The mids are very resolving and are a tad brighter than neutral. (I have about 20 hours burn in on them so far)

Jul 31, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #28,490 of 31,833
I have been doing some tip rolling on the Heart Mirror. The largest white silicone give a much improved seal and fit for me and now the bass is showing its full potential. I am very impressed by these, they have the speed and technicalities of a BA but the timbre and atmosphere of a DD. The result is extremely appealing. Surely amongst the best under $100?

Jul 31, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #28,491 of 31,833
I am totally enamoured by the Heart Mirror. There is a wonderful transparency which I can attribute to an almost total lack of colouration.Timbre is very natural and separation very impressive. Watch out Aria.....
Heart Mirror is really surprising one... I may say a miracle of tuning.

Instead of trying to cover wider FR range, the tuner is successfully make the driver really shine within it's limited range... It sounds sooo right...
Yes it is a bit bright, but not harsh at all and instead sounds smooth... CCA CSN which is a darkish IEM, on certain song the mid treble still sounded metallic.. Not in the case with Heart Mirror

Heart Mirror reminds me about 15 years ago, the time when I was addicted to single driver (full range single driver) speaker. My friend got 'lucky' in his experiment. He put in a Fostex FE87E, a $10 8cm (3in) paper driver, in manually tuned double bass reflex. The sound coming from the speaker for certain type of music was magical. Buena Vista Social Club practically played in the room. My Dynaudio Audience that is 15 times more expensive could not do what my friend's little miracle could.

I bet, Heart Mirror will do the same to some more expensive multi-driver IEM

Jul 31, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #28,492 of 31,833
Heart Mirror is really surprising one... I may say a miracle of tuning.

Instead of trying to cover wider FR range, the tuner is successfully make the driver really shine within it's limited range... It sounds sooo right...
Yes it is a bit bright, but not harsh at all and instead sounds smooth... CCA CSN which is a darkish IEM, on certain song the mid treble still sounded metallic.. Not in the case with Heart Mirror

Heart Mirror reminds me about 15 years ago, the time when I was addicted to single driver (full range single driver) speaker. My friend got 'lucky' in his experiment. He put in a Fostex FE87E, a $10 8cm (3in) paper driver, in manually tuned double bass reflex. The sound coming from the speaker for certain type of music was magical. Buena Vista Social Club practically played in the room. My Dynaudio Audience that is 15 times more expensive could not do what my friend's little miracle could.

I bet, Heart Mirror will do the same to some more expensive multi-driver IEM
I am finding that the Heart Mirror produces a "live" feel with everything you throw at it. The extension is very good at both ends of the spectrum, try this:

Jul 31, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #28,493 of 31,833
I am finding that the Heart Mirror produces a "live" feel with everything you throw at it. The extension is very good at both ends of the spectrum, try this:

I have to reword my post (nah I'll left it like that).. ☺ yes you are right.. Extension is very good at both end.. It is just missing the boosted bass like most of other IEMs.. So it is like more mature approach, linear flat bass..

Jul 31, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #28,494 of 31,833
Just before the weekend ends, I want to share something really nice for all those Chifi and Affordable Audio Lovers, with my review on the CCA CKX being live now, and as promised, with more info about those affordable IEMs~

I like them for the most part, comfort is great, and for the price they offer a fairly fun sound :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/08/cca-ckx-iems-entry-level-drivers-abound.html

CCA-CKX-Chifi-Review-Fun-Tuned-IEMs-Earphones-Audiophile-Heaven-Haru-16.jpg

Aug 1, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #28,495 of 31,833
HeartMirror is close to Statfield in a bright neutral form, technically they are on par as a single DD IMO.
Aria, the stock tuning on my scale is 72/100 vs Starfield (&HeartMirror) 75/100, but when Aria is tuned to same bright-neutral sig with recabling, and enhancing better impulse response by removing the stock hex shaped iron damper filter, it hits 81/100 (A-)
45CF6A6D-6A2A-4C03-97F9-8F2B637EBFE3.png

GK10 with CP360 is also bright-neutral, and it hit highest 85/100 (A) and due to its unique staging capability I actually prefer $46 GK10 over $500+ sub$1k new benchmarking Moondrop Variations (91/100 S-) for classical selections. highly recommended to try GK10 if bright neutral is your pursuit.
70A1575F-E712-4B54-9200-08C150659706.png

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #28,496 of 31,833
I have this 10€ iem's:

Panasonic RP-HJE125E-A
Drive Unit 9.0 mm Neodymium
16.0 ohm at 1 kHz
97.0 dB
200.0 mW
10Hz - 24kHz

But the sound quality is extremly poor. There is echo and I don't like that vacuum feel in ears.

What iem would be huge upgrade enough, in sound and being open type?

Aug 1, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #28,498 of 31,833
The following shows the intentions and mindset that went into creating the HZsound Heart Mirror

1627807768654.png

Aug 1, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #28,499 of 31,833
I have this 10€ iem's:

Panasonic RP-HJE125E-A
Drive Unit 9.0 mm Neodymium
16.0 ohm at 1 kHz
97.0 dB
200.0 mW
10Hz - 24kHz

But the sound quality is extremly poor. There is echo and I don't like that vacuum feel in ears.

What iem would be huge upgrade enough, in sound and being open type?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/
This thread will be more helpful for your case. Do note the noise leakage and lack of isolation using earbuds though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back