CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 30, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #27,436 of 31,833
Can you recommend some good ear tips for the Blon Bl03, DQ6 and Moondrop Spaceship?

I see that BGVP has some prettty (and cheap) ones and so Spinfit (not so cheap, though) but there are so many different models that I am really lost. I just want to have a better and comfort fit without paying much, nothing so fancy.

Besides ear tips, do you think I (as a newbie) need to exchange cables as well?

Mar 30, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #27,437 of 31,833
Can you recommend some good ear tips for the Blon Bl03, DQ6 and Moondrop Spaceship?

I see that BGVP has some prettty (and cheap) ones and so Spinfit (not so cheap, though) but there are so many different models that I am really lost. I just want to have a better and comfort fit without paying much, nothing so fancy.

Besides ear tips, do you think I (as a newbie) need to exchange cables as well?
Start with getting a tip collection, cables are the last priority IMO.

Radius Deep mount
Elecom EHP-CAP20
Final Audio Type E

Those 3 are my favorite tips, more info in my tip ranking page in my database.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #27,438 of 31,833
Absolutely agree with you. In this case, I will introduce some quality gear to family members. I just need to be assured which IEMs will stay and which gonna leave before take action.

Well this decision for me is based a lot on cost vs. appreciation when the majority of my family thinks I'm half off my rocker anyway (I mean in regards to my audio obsession, maybe even some other topics but let's not stray to far with family ):rolling_eyes: Yet however some who have been in that boat (after I gifted them) will often give me that ah-ha look after I catch them tapping a toe to whatever's on that they seem to be enjoying:smirk: LOL

This thread topic has me thinking with all the great sub $100 offerings these days a poll should be run and populated by iem's in cost increments of $10 or at least $20, love to see group impressions when it breaks down by ROI:wink: Of course we also know everyone hears them just a little differently albeit some of us get close sometimes:thinking:

Honestly there are some fine budget Chi-Fi offerings from $8 to $99 which would make an awesome pole:beerchug:

Mar 30, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #27,440 of 31,833
Well this decision for me is based a lot on cost vs. appreciation when the majority of my family thinks I'm half off my rocker anyway (I mean in regards to my audio obsession, maybe even some other topics but let's not stray to far with family ):rolling_eyes: Yet however some who have been in that boat (after I gifted them) will often give me that ah-ha look after I catch them tapping a toe to whatever's on that they seem to be enjoying:smirk: LOL

This thread topic has me thinking with all the great sub $100 offerings these days a poll should be run and populated by iem's in cost increments of $10 or at least $20, love to see group impressions when it breaks down by ROI:wink: Of course we also know everyone hears them just a little differently albeit some of us get close sometimes:thinking:

Honestly there are some fine budget Chi-Fi offerings from $8 to $99 which would make an awesome pole:beerchug:
Interesting!

testing poll code:
[POLL]
- KZ DQ6
- Empire Ears Odin
[/POLL]

[Edit] looked up head-fi's forum software XenForo, it seems Poll is only available thru posting new thread. Will work on it in the future.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #27,441 of 31,833
Thanks, I'd appreciate that.
Indeed a better cable is useless without a good sealing tip for sure!

I'll add a few as well that work well in my ears but really you never know what tip is best unless you try a few as mentioned on rare occasion an iem maker nails it:astonished: LOL I've also found even my favorite tips don't work just because you like them its how they work with the shape of any particular iem's shell against your ear:relaxed:

I actually have good luck with KZ's Starline tips even with some far more expensive iem's than KZ's.
Old School Whirlwinds (been some stiff knock-offs happening of late)!
Of course one of my tried and true are the Auvio's and even with those the iem dictates if it's a green core large or blue core medium:wink: Have fun on your mission Jim, this tape will self destruct in 5 seconds:beerchug:

That's a great start @AmericanSpirit, I'm sure this community can even branch out from those three main Chi-Fi budget masters (not sure if KZ/CCA should not even be considered one in the same) :thinking: Depending on how long some of these members have been around they may throw in some crazy names like Havi, Brainwavz, Fidue, S3nf3r, NICE, Hidizs, Zero, Audiosense, Klipsch, Senn, Alpha Delta, some compoany named FiiO:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, MoonDrop, KBEar, JVC, Tin, TFZ, Ostry, BGVP, Dunu even has some decent entry stuff highly overlooked because higher end trounced them! ReMax, LZ, Smabat, 1More, NF, Shanling, Kinera, Zircon, HiFiMan, TANCHJIM and really this list could go on if some defunct manufacturers were still going. Dang, how in the devil did I almost forget Sony:scream: As you can see this could be a big list:rolling_eyes:

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #27,442 of 31,833
OFC(oxygen free copper) is kinda old school, you better find OCC cables. KZ Is known to have their corporate affiliates such as CCA, and you probably would more likely to look at Tripowin(another KZ family)’s cable for the upgrades. Very reasonable and it does what it supposed to.
IDK if what I am finding are the correct cables.
Can you give me some links ?

Mar 30, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #27,443 of 31,833
IDK if what I am finding are the correct cables.
Can you give me some links ?
like these
https://www.linsoul.com/collections/accesories/products/tripowin-zonie
oops it's not OCC though. Very very soft and comfortable cable. (I recall it was qdc style and I had it with 2.5mm balanced out). The ear-tip I'm using with DQ6 is M-size AZLA Xelastec you can also find from linsoul's store.
https://www.linsoul.com/products/azla-sednaearfit-xelastec

4CB03CCF-39B0-45A5-AF2E-9B9031B5B8B7.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #27,444 of 31,833
Hey,
I am about to buy the DQ6 on aliexpress, should I get it with the "KZ oxygen free copper cable" or should I buy another cable ?
I have some spare tips around here from the kz zs3, vivo xe800, musicmaker kk ting, jbl tune120 and I also have starline and spirals.
Would any of these work well with the qd6 ?
I ordered these for my DQ6, to be honest, I do not believe in cables and never have more than stock ones, but let's see maybe I'm wrong, I just like how they looked :) (newbie here)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001747993321.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001208562098.html
PS. as a rule of mine - I will not pay more for cable than the IEM itself so these are just ok for my DQ6

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #27,445 of 31,833

That's a great ideia! When I use my KBEAR Stellar and think it's a 2/3 USD earbud I'm always amazed.

Mar 30, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #27,446 of 31,833
Interesting!

testing poll code:
[POLL]
- KZ DQ6
- Empire Ears Odin
[/POLL]

[Edit] looked up head-fi's forum software XenForo, it seems Poll is only available thru posting new thread. Will work on it in the future.
You can make a poll using this though: https://www.strawpoll.me/

Mar 30, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #27,448 of 31,833
That's a great ideia! When I use my KBEAR Stellar and think it's a 2/3 USD earbud I'm always amazed.

Yeah, I have that same feeling when going back to my Havi B3 Pro's, or Sony 755's and Shure 215's even with all three having different signatures and source requirements to really reach their potential :wink:

Mar 30, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #27,449 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back