CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 30, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #26,536 of 31,833
And I had a pair of t2 plus, but my dog ate the left earphone(true story)
. If anybody lost the right I would love to get their left.

Really liked them.

If you follow your dog around when he goes outside, you should be able to get your earphone back haha

Dec 1, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #26,538 of 31,833
Not a chance I would put that in my ear!!!

Didn’t stop Chong from following his little Mother Focker around for a week to get his Cheba back :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: My vote would be the BA10 but it’s one you need to try because if fit:beerchug:

Dec 1, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #26,539 of 31,833
So I had to give the SMABAT NCO a few days before I gave my impressions as it didn't really wow me straight away. To get the bad out of the way... the cable is not good. It looks decent enough but there's a ton of cable noise coming from it. They aren't really designed to be worn over-ear and their tiny size doesn't do well with a heavier cable... I felt a lot of tug from the weight, not helped by the giant plastic cable splitter. It also has a plastic feel, not far off the cheap generic KZ cables. It looks very similar to the one that came with the Heart Mirror, but there's a different texture to that one and much more give.

They are TINY. Much smaller than the pictures show. That's not a bad thing though, I really like the build and size. Very comfortable. One big issue though is the lack of a lip on the nozzle. Being small the nozzle is also really slim, luckily the tips that came with it are decent. I managed to get a Spinfits on them but one came loose in my ear and the tweezers had to come out. The Final e3000 tips though work really well with them and have more grip.

SOUND - These are a very pleasant listen and I say that as a huge positive. Very musical and just damn right enjoyable with anything you hit them with. Initially, I found the bass a bit dry which reminded me of the Soundmagic e50 and a certain brand I can't mention or you'll just see a bunch of asterisks (Y V2). This seemed to hinder some male voices, making them sound a bit recessed, but once you get used to them tho there it becomes less of an issue and actually works well within the sound signature and the balance. They have a very good amount of detail, maybe close to the HZSOUND Heart Mirror. The HM tho is a bit clearer due to being more extended up top and brighter, the NCO tho better down low. They both perform equally as good tho IMO (I'd maybe give the Heart the nod tho, especially as it's become one of my favourite IEMs). Bass on the NCO is punchy and has great resolution, nice depth... not super low, but it has just the right weight, no bloat whatsoever. Kinda like the e3000. MIDS tiny bit recessed as I said but mostly with some male vocals (at times), but good micro detail, good separation. Treble is just right, nice snap to drums. Cymbals could be clearer tho but they do shine. Soundstage pops with great stereo imaging and a nice holographic soundstage. It's not super wide, but it's very open sounding. Reminds me of the Beyerdynamic Byron.

These do not play well with low-quality overly compressed files or badly mixed music. Using them on YT where you can find a lot of low bitrate mp3s they can sound rough. Not the fault of the NCO obviously.

I really wish I could find my Soundmagic e50 as they really remind me of them (based on memory so I could be totally off).

Conclusion - I can see me using these a lot, especially on the go. Pair nice with my FIIO M6 which is flat and balanced and adds some nice air into the sound of the NCO and boosts the upper mids a tad. Hit them with some power they become fuller and take on some weight without exaggerating the sound. I'll most likely change the cable tho to something lighter and looser. Another great sub £50 earphone to be added to the growing list.

(SMABAT cable on the RIGHT)
IMG_20201129_231117.jpg

(NO LIP ON NOZZLE)
IMG_20201129_222411.jpg

(TINY)
IMG_20201129_230340.jpg
I agree about the cable, I changed it for the silver plated one which came with the M1 Pro and there is a little more sparkle and air which balances out the bass very nicely.

Wow! I can't wait anymore for mine to arrive! They're flying on some plane somewhere in the world. If all goes to plan then it might retire a few of my IEMs 😅

Dec 1, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #26,540 of 31,833
I like accurate, neutral, large sound stage IEMs. I am looking at Hisenior T2U, KZ BA10, or Tin Hifi t2 plus. What do you guys think would be the best for me. Or any other IEMs under $100 that fit this bill.

Hisenior T2U is from another league and fit the neutral and accuracy need, plus great imaging, realist timbre and smooth yet detailed treble. About the soundstage, with the right eartips its above average, with an immersive spherical presentation where wideness, dept and tallness are well balance. Its one of the best kept secret for proper audiophile sound....but I'm not sure it's still 80$?

At last audio meet, everybody that listen to them was utterly impressed (especially when I tell the price), and I rub my hands of contentment looking at their wow face.

Sooooooo underrated AF

Dec 1, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #26,541 of 31,833
Hisenior T2U is from another league and fit the neutral and accuracy need, plus great imaging, realist timbre and smooth yet detailed treble. About the soundstage, with the right eartips its above average, with an immersive spherical presentation where wideness, dept and tallness are well balance. Its one of the best kept secret for proper audiophile sound....but I'm not sure it's still 80$?

At last audio meet, everybody that listen to them was utterly impressed (especially when I tell the price), and I rub my hands of contentment looking at their wow face.

Sooooooo underrated AF

Well I decided to order both the KZ BA10 and the Hisenior T2U. The T2U is still $79 US shipped to your door. Any Idea how long they take to ship to the US?

Dec 1, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #26,542 of 31,833
Well I decided to order both the KZ BA10 and the Hisenior T2U. The T2U is still $79 US shipped to your door. Any Idea how long they take to ship to the US?

If you buy from a vendor that offers DHL shipping, it's probably less than 2 weeks.

Dec 2, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #26,544 of 31,833
I bought directly from hisenior.

Depending on seller's shipping method really. Expedited service aside, it used to be around 2 weeks to an US address, sometimes 1 week if you get lucky with reputable sellers. The transaction time from Custom to USPS is noticably longer nowadays, so I'd look at 2~4 weeks under the current circumstances.

Dec 2, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #26,545 of 31,833
I bought directly from hisenior.
Depending on seller's shipping method really. Expedited service aside, it used to be around 2 weeks to an US address, sometimes 1 week if you get lucky with reputable sellers. The transaction time from Custom to USPS is noticably longer nowadays, so I'd look at 2~4 weeks under the current circumstances.

Yesterday, I was looking at small ES9038Q2M DACs, on random AliExpress shops - and most all of them were showing a regular shipping estimated delivery date up to 03-JAN-21.
On 11.11, I bought a set of LZ A7 earphones from Penon Audio, and their DHL shipping took 12 days.

Dec 2, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #26,546 of 31,833
Thanks to government of India my AliExpress shopping will be on hold for a foreseeable future as the app is banned. Do anyone know other platforms or sites as AliExpress alternative? I know Linsoul and Penon but their prices are at MSRP and hardly have sales/discounts. Amazon doesn't ship/sell chifi in India. It only outsources for the context KZ ZSN costs ~$23 on Amazon India with no return and warranty 😂 Would be helpful if someone knows and can share other alternatives.

Dec 2, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #26,547 of 31,833
Thanks to government of India my AliExpress shopping will be on hold for a foreseeable future as the app is banned. Do anyone know other platforms or sites as AliExpress alternative? I know Linsoul and Penon but their prices are at MSRP and hardly have sales/discounts. Amazon doesn't ship/sell chifi in India. It only outsources for the context KZ ZSN costs ~$23 on Amazon India with no return and warranty 😂 Would be helpful if someone knows and can share other alternatives.
That is really sad. India is a beautiful country that gave 'Ahimsa' to the world. Have travelled it many, many times. We are lucky in the world to have Chinese ChiFi. We are lucky in the world to have Indian philosophy. The philosophy will last longer and with more meaning.

Dec 2, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #26,548 of 31,833
That is really sad. India is a beautiful country that gave 'Ahimsa' to the world. Have travelled it many, many times. We are lucky in the world to have Chinese ChiFi. We are lucky in the world to have Indian philosophy. The philosophy will last longer and with more meaning.

Totally agree with your points. Hopefully this tension subsides soon and everything returns to the normal.

Dec 2, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #26,549 of 31,833

It's a big shame that politics higher up give the general public the short end of the stick.

I have some friends from India who use a freight forwarding service to get Aliexpress gear. Or maybe try places like HIFIGO, KeepHIFI, shoppee, and Linsoul/Penon as above.

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #26,550 of 31,833
Hum...nice choice,it would be interesting to compare timbre of both, as they don't same ba models.

Mine arrive via DHL.....it was fast but costy (31$ cad scam fees)....I'm from Canada so I can't tell for US sorry. Just hope you dont have extra fees, if its not DHL it could take longer for sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back