CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 2, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #26,566 of 31,833
Your right, im one of those dude asking for a picture.

It seem BGGAR do a tear down of Believe to show the driver....which indeed have the look of pure Bery. Crazy! But this doesnt promise perfect sound either. As i have on hand Final A8K which show the true speed potential or pure Bery, i will do obsessive comparison.

I like the Diamond, even more with Inversed KZ Starlines (with shorted nozzle tube). I think Believe is suppose to be wamer a bit.

For SSR, i never wanna try them cause i dont like Spaceship...so, well, the graph tell you some stuffs, but shoutyness can have to do with transient response speed too, resonance etc...

for now, Believe impressions i read are rather positive, but vague so....for example Jurgen say it got too much mid bass boost...Larry say it have some metallic timbre somewhere...both say it need serious AMPING too....hum

1606944561331.png

Appreciate the extra info! I'm not a fan of SSR either, I found them less engaging & sound small. I agree with everything you said, except I choose not to follow BGGAR after witnessing a few incidents & contradictories in his video. I know we're supposed to keep open minded in this hobby, but it is what it is lol.

Dec 3, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #26,567 of 31,833
My app and web access to AE is still working. Which ISP are you using? However, the authorities are charging so much customs import duty its insane at times. I know people who paid 60% of the MRP

Actually I just migrated to a new phone and while restoring my apps, Aliexpress didn't work. Web access is fine but there is a notice on the home page. And half of the pages don't open. Also, even I have heard people being charged insane duty amounts. So all in all it's the beginning of the end. HPZ is one option but deals there are not that great and 90% items are out of stock😆
Screenshot_20201203-104149970.jpg

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #26,569 of 31,833
Actually I just migrated to a new phone and while restoring my apps, Aliexpress didn't work. Web access is fine but there is a notice on the home page. And half of the pages don't open. Also, even I have heard people being charged insane duty amounts. So all in all it's the beginning of the end. HPZ is one option but deals there are not that great and 90% items are out of stock😆
My thoughts exactly... if I were HPZ i would take advantage of the situation but sadly they need a lesson or two about demand and supply :ksc75smile::smirk:

Dec 3, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #26,570 of 31,833
Appreciate the extra info! I'm not a fan of SSR either, I found them less engaging & sound small. I agree with everything you said, except I choose not to follow BGGAR after witnessing a few incidents & contradictories in his video. I know we're supposed to keep open minded in this hobby, but it is what it is lol.
Woooooo mate....don't get me wrong....its the very first video in 2020 that i check from him. This proove how ''crack head'' i became about my Believe curiosity. Craving always for new impressions. Anxiously. Indeed, he as done quite violent things to people I know, not me cause im not a big shot reviewer i guess. But i dont want to open this ranting door again. I'm just happy that somebody open the Beleive and show its drivers THAT soon.

So you have the SSR? Is it as Shouty as people say? I cant handle muted bass like the Hifiman RE600...or Spaceship....but I will give a try to the SSP which is the one that caught my attention in first place.

HZsound Mirror seem to be what SSR dream to be but cant achieve.

Dec 3, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #26,571 of 31,833
The LUNA and Final A8000 are faster in transients than the BElieve, and better in technicalities too. I think BGGAR didn't mention about the technicalities of LUNA versus BElieve in his video, just that he didn't like the tonality of the LUNA's mids and treble. LUNA does have a subbass and treble rolloff. Yep. also agree the A8000 has better technicalities than the LUNA too, when the A8000 is amped properly. But it may not be fair to compare the $150ish USD BElieve to the $1700 LUNA and $2000 A8000, but I think the BElieve can hit about 70% of the LUNA's technical performance, which is really amazing considering it costs 10% of the price. The LUNA has a bigger soundstage than BElieve too and isn't as power hungry. Perhaps the beryllium diaphragm is not only for fast transients but also for better EQing, these beryllium sets can take massive EQ especially at the bass with no distortion.

I don't have the NM2+ unfortunately, but if you get the BElieve I surely look forward to your comparisons with the NM2+, those seem to be around the same price range and are hyped single DD types.

I haven't done A/B testing between HZSound Heart Mirror and BElieve, but I will go back later to compare the 2. HZSound Heart Mirror is another underrated gem that has fast transients yeah, more people should know about it. It has superb timbre and nice forward vocals without shoutiness, a damn tough line to balance but the Heart Mirror does it well.

Yes, like with the Blon BL03 i review very soon, i was expecting an hysterical hyper to put a brighter spot light on those superb HZsound Mirror. I mean, everything is perfect. Cause for once you got the WHOLE package: excellent construction. Small and comfy. Sturdy and sexy. With nice enough SPC cable. Nice choice of ear tips. Nice case etc..which would have worth nothing if it wasnt a reflection of how they sound: refined, crisp, clean, bright with realist timbre and no sibilance of harshness, all well balanced and even if the graph doesnt promise bass, its there and dig deep, especially well amped cause these drivers can handle high power. Indeed, with fowards vocal that is well centered and separated. Excellent imaging and transparency too. Another way i conclude a driver is fast is when sub and kick is well separated from each other, which the Mirror did impressively well.

Have you try the BQEYZ KC2? Another extremely underatted gems...been around for long now.

Dec 3, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #26,572 of 31,833
I am very happy with the SSP. While it is still on the bright/analytical side, the bass is very well executed and helps to balance out the overall sound by a significant margin coming from the SSR. The best part is that none of the things that the SSR already did well - detailed, nuanced mids; brilliant, sparkly treble - are compromised by the fast and tight bass. There will be rumble if the recording calls for it; snare drums snap rather than thud. Imaging, layering and instrument separation remain among the best I've heard below $100.

Dec 3, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #26,573 of 31,833
I am very happy with the SSP. While it is still on the bright/analytical side, the bass is very well executed and helps to balance out the overall sound by a significant margin coming from the SSR. The best part is that none of the things that the SSR already did well - detailed, nuanced mids; brilliant, sparkly treble - are compromised by the fast and tight bass. There will be rumble if the recording calls for it; snare drums snap rather than thud. Imaging, layering and instrument separation remain among the best I've heard below $100.

Does the 3 kHz region still get shouty at louder volumes (fletcher munson curve)?

Yes, like with the Blon BL03 i review very soon, i was expecting an hysterical hyper to put a brighter spot light on those superb HZsound Mirror. I mean, everything is perfect. Cause for once you got the WHOLE package: excellent construction. Small and comfy. Sturdy and sexy. With nice enough SPC cable. Nice choice of ear tips. Nice case etc..which would have worth nothing if it wasnt a reflection of how they sound: refined, crisp, clean, bright with realist timbre and no sibilance of harshness, all well balanced and even if the graph doesnt promise bass, its there and dig deep, especially well amped cause these drivers can handle high power. Indeed, with fowards vocal that is well centered and separated. Excellent imaging and transparency too. Another way i conclude a driver is fast is when sub and kick is well separated from each other, which the Mirror did impressively well.

Have you try the BQEYZ KC2? Another extremely underatted gems...been around for long now.

Yep Heart Mirror is a keeper set. Agree 100% with everything u wrote. It truly has the best timbre for acoustic instruments I have heard in a sub $100 set. Even better than BLON BL03 on timbre. It is basslite at the midbass but takes EQ like a champ.

Maybe some nitpicks for the Heart Mirror are that it needs amping, note weight is thin and it has not the widest soundstage, but it has my vote for best $50 usd CHIFI for this year.

Dec 3, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #26,574 of 31,833
Does the 3 kHz region still get shouty at louder volumes (fletcher munson curve)?

Honestly? I don't feel that it does. I've put them through my gauntlet of hot shrieking banshee tracks (Charli xcx, Selena Gomez, Avril Lavigne, etc.) and a bunch of weeb music (that can get especially hot with screaming female vocalists and all; take the second track on this album for instance) at a volume that is a couple steps higher than I'd be comfortable listening at, and it is intense but not shouty/harsh/make it stop.

In that respect, the graph looks more scary than it really is.

IMG_20201204_000925425.jpg

Edit:

Switching back and forth between the SSR and SSP at the same volume level playing the track "Dead or Alive" in the album linked above from 3:00 onwards, the SSR is certainly harsher and peakier sounding than the SSP to the point that I would want to turn down the volume further on the SSR. Note that this is not a blinded test, but at this point I own both and am unlikely to be selling either of them so I'm not motivated either way lol

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #26,575 of 31,833
Honestly? I don't feel that it does. I've put them through my gauntlet of hot shrieking banshee tracks (Charli xcx, Selena Gomez, Avril Lavigne, etc.) and a bunch of weeb music (that can get especially hot with screaming female vocalists and all; take the second track on this album for instance) at a volume that is a couple steps higher than I'd be comfortable listening at, and it is intense but not shouty/harsh/make it stop.

In that respect, the graph looks more scary than it really is.

IMG_20201204_000925425.jpg

Edit:

Switching back and forth between the SSR and SSP at the same volume level playing the track "Dead or Alive" in the album linked above from 3:00 onwards, the SSR is certainly harsher and peakier sounding than the SSP to the point that I would want to turn down the volume further on the SSR. Note that this is not a blinded test, but at this point I own both and am unlikely to be selling either of them so I'm not motivated either way lol

Interesting and encouraging. As an intense STARFIELD fan, i'm very excited about the SSP. Your impression match those I read, some telling upper mids is smoother on SSP. Did resolution is on par with both?

Dec 3, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #26,576 of 31,833
Interesting and encouraging. As an intense STARFIELD fan, i'm very excited about the SSP. Your impression match those I read, some telling upper mids is smoother on SSP. Did resolution is on par with both?

Yes, both are similarly resolving to my ears. Maybe people perceive the upper mids to be smoother because the SSP are generally easier to listen to than the SSR across more genres and listening volumes. I already liked the SSR before due to its sheer clarity and strong technicalities, albeit I am a low-volume listener and I have a preference for bright tonality. The SSP adds a precise, textured and well-controlled bass, going for quality over sheer quantity. No bloat or veil was introduced by this tuning. It feels like the true potential of the Super Spaceship driver has been unlocked.

Dec 3, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #26,577 of 31,833
Woooooo mate....don't get me wrong....its the very first video in 2020 that i check from him. This proove how ''crack head'' i became about my Believe curiosity. Craving always for new impressions. Anxiously. Indeed, he as done quite violent things to people I know, not me cause im not a big shot reviewer i guess. But i dont want to open this ranting door again. I'm just happy that somebody open the Beleive and show its drivers THAT soon.

So you have the SSR? Is it as Shouty as people say? I cant handle muted bass like the Hifiman RE600...or Spaceship....but I will give a try to the SSP which is the one that caught my attention in first place.

HZsound Mirror seem to be what SSR dream to be but cant achieve.

Yeah I wouldn't consider SSR TOO shouty as I appreciate certain amount treble details for occasions. The bass isn't muted, it's there if you look for it, texture is fine with some bounce, but definitely not anywhere close to the boomy sound. The bass quantity may not exceed Ety Er4 if you know what I mean. To me, they're just a thin sounding IEM that exposed the short-coming of small drivers(which many earphones were able to concealed that nowadays). I think they'll have similar signature as the spaceship you own, with maybe a bit of tweak/improvement. So bear that in mind. It's a shame as I really liked their design.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2020 at 1:08 AM Post #26,578 of 31,833
Yeah I wouldn't consider SSR TOO shouty as I appreciate certain amount treble details for occasions. The bass isn't muted, it's there if you look for it, texture is fine with some bounce, but definitely not anywhere close to the boomy sound. The bass quantity may not exceed Ety Er4 if you know what I mean. To me, they're just a thin sounding IEM that exposed the short-coming of small drivers(which many earphones were able to concealed that nowadays). I think they'll have similar signature as the spaceship you own, with maybe a bit of tweak/improvement. So bear that in mind. It's a shame as I really liked their design.

I didn't really find the SSR to be that thin-sounding, but I generally like neutral-bright sound signatures as long as they aren't harsh or tinny. The SSP are definitely not thin-sounding though; spinning some Jessie Ware at the moment and there's a prominent bassline alongside her light, breathy, airy-sounding vocals. Again, I'm not sure I've heard a better rendition from any of my other IEMs (both current, archived and sold).

Dec 4, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #26,579 of 31,833
I didn't really find the SSR to be that thin-sounding, but I generally like neutral-bright sound signatures as long as they aren't harsh or tinny. The SSP are definitely not thin-sounding though; spinning some Jessie Ware at the moment and there's a prominent bassline alongside her light, breathy, airy-sounding vocals. Again, I'm not sure I've heard a better rendition from any of my other IEMs (both current, archived and sold).
I don't have the SSR, but the SSP is one very good IEM to my ears. I do find L Azla or Spiral Dots increase the bass to surprising levels. A little gem of an IEM.

Dec 4, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #26,580 of 31,833
I don't have the SSR, but the SSP is one very good IEM to my ears. I do find L Azla or Spiral Dots increase the bass to surprising levels. A little gem of an IEM.

I can’t wait for mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back