CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 25, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #26,506 of 31,833
Just make sure you use a different set of tips (throw stock tips away) and if you can, also replace the stock cable with a better one.
What cable would you recommend? I'm still a bit new to cable stuff and don't want to spend a huge amount of money on it, if I can.
Actually how do you search for those properly, do you have to include the model name or just specify 2-pin?

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #26,507 of 31,833
Hey Mary, hope you are doing well. Those are my beloved ZS4’s. Easy listen, killer fit:beerchug:

I don't have a ZS4 but Tom ( @HungryPanda ) did. I think it was one of the few inexpensive ones that I gave away this summer . Meant to write them down but I can find out.

For myself I have taken the BA10 and the ZS7. Also the Dunu Titan6, QKZ VK4, Shuoer Singer, Tri I4, and KBEAR Diamond (which arrived the day before he died). At some point I will probably also take the Oriolus Finschi and the MT100. Maybe the Aten or the Rah.

Ones I was always interested in but never wanted to acquire in this way.

As for "doing well" ... not going to happen. I miss him more each day. I have been almost completely alone and isolated since April 15 th... the day he was murdered by Covid destroying me in the process.

I do hope to eventually enjoy music again but so far it is difficult to listen to more than a song or two at a time.

...see why I have not been posting much? I do lurk though. Still subscribed to several threads. Semi-active in one. Ocassional posts in others. I often see posts that I want to reply to but usually just reply in my mind. I miss discussing these things with Tom. I miss everything we did... even when we were doing nothing. A light has gone out.

Nov 25, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #26,508 of 31,833
Nov 25, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #26,509 of 31,833
Curious why you did not order another ZS5, AliEx has them under $20 still. Now I do understand if you had a v1 as it may be very hard to track a v1 down anymore your getting a v1:thinking: You might even consider a ZS7 (may also be hard to track down and if found could be 3 times the price!) as for me I found it to be the end game version of the ZS5/6/7 shell and best overall SQ but that may just be my old ears:rolling_eyes: Now another one that would be a nice replacement for a 5 would be the X but thinking it may be too bass forward to you if the 5 was a fave. Just sticking my nose where it probably don't belong here any way:smirk::beerchug: Not too mention I have a soft spot for KZ and them being an awesome bang for your buck iem:wink:

ZS7! Another of my KZ faves!

Nov 25, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #26,510 of 31,833
...see why I have not been posting much? I do lurk though. Still subscribed to several threads. Semi-active in one. Ocassional posts in others. I often see posts that I want to reply to but usually just reply in my mind. I miss discussing these things with Tom. I miss everything we did... even when we were doing nothing. A light has gone out.

Do not just reply in your mind ! There is people on Head-Fi community who are happy to read you, to keep contact and got your advice.

It are hards times, very.... Covid stole so much people in world...

But keep the life as winner, don't let this tiny wickedness emport the best part of you.

You have all the love of your beloved around you and this have to push you stronger in this battle.
Listen more and more music, that is one a best part of humanity. Go see music in live !

With all kinds things I can bring to you.

Nov 25, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #26,511 of 31,833
Do not just reply in your mind ! There is people on Head-Fi community who are happy to read you, to keep contact and got your advice.

It are hards times, very.... Covid stole so much people in world...

But keep the life as winner, don't let this tiny wickedness emport the best part of you.

You have all the love of your beloved around you and this have to push you stronger in this battle.
Listen more and more music, that is one a best part of humanity. Go see music in live !

With all kinds things I can bring to you.

You are very kind.

Nov 25, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #26,513 of 31,833
I personally suggest NOT to dispose of the ear tips that come with the BLON BL01 until you tried the different sizes FIRST that come in the package, then you can make your own final decision to dispose of them, or not. The medium ear tips that came in the package fits my ear anatomy just find. In fact, all the medium ear tips that came with my BLON's worked just fine for me. Now, I do suggest to change the cables if you want better premium cables.

...To each ear there own. :wink: That's my personal suggestion.

-Clear

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #26,514 of 31,833
I personally suggest NOT to dispose of the ear tips that come with the BLON BL01 until you tried the different sizes FIRST that come in the package, then you can make your own final decision to dispose of them, or not. The medium ear tips that came in the package fits my ear anatomy just find. In fact, all the medium ear tips that came with my BLON's worked just fine for me. Now, I do suggest to change the cables if you want better premium cables.

...To each ear there own. :wink: That's my personal suggestion.

-Clear
I also find the blon bl01 stock tips fit better for me than the spiral dot.

Nov 26, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #26,515 of 31,833
I don't have a ZS4 but Tom ( @HungryPanda ) did. I think it was one of the few inexpensive ones that I gave away this summer . Meant to write them down but I can find out.

For myself I have taken the BA10 and the ZS7. Also the Dunu Titan6, QKZ VK4, Shuoer Singer, Tri I4, and KBEAR Diamond (which arrived the day before he died). At some point I will probably also take the Oriolus Finschi and the MT100. Maybe the Aten or the Rah.

Ones I was always interested in but never wanted to acquire in this way.

As for "doing well" ... not going to happen. I miss him more each day. I have been almost completely alone and isolated since April 15 th... the day he was murdered by Covid destroying me in the process.

I do hope to eventually enjoy music again but so far it is difficult to listen to more than a song or two at a time.

My heart aches for you when I read this. Both you and Tom were instrumental in my early forays into this site and I always looked forward to yours/his comments and insights..I always thought it humorous that a couple had the same addiction, I mean hobby.. Lol.. I will continue to pray for peace for you and although acceptance is not near I'm hoping that one day it will be for you.. God Bless You....

Nov 28, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #26,516 of 31,833
Because they are all ablaze over in the Chinese thread about comparing the **** MT100 and the LZ A7 (The **** is nice but it's in no way an LZ A7) and I like **** heck I think these babies right here are a steal and balanced they can flat out scare some $50 to $75 offerings :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Heck I bought them in both colors I like them so much:grin:

4in1 X 2.JPG

Nov 29, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #26,517 of 31,833
For those who have the KBear Lark, could you tell me what you think of these 2 tracks:

I've been testing the Lark for three days. Very difficult one for me to understand. But it seems to resolve these two very well. Like, shines into a new class compared with other music.

Nov 29, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #26,518 of 31,833
A couple great tracks @ShakeThoseCans , I’ve got several iem’s that those songs really shine on:thumbsup: I seem to have been living under a rock and missed when namesake of the MT100 was ousted:rolling_eyes: Slater may have to refresh me:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nov 29, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #26,519 of 31,833
Found some excellent deals from the forum!

Audeze iSine 10: $119

au110ie1000o.jpg

https://www.adorama.com/au110ie1000...x0Mo38bUkEwvPzhzSX82o0&utm_source=rflaid98220

---------------------------------------------------

Etymotic ER4XR / ER4SR: $139

etyer4xr_1.jpg

https://www.adorama.com/etyer4xr.ht...x0Mo38bUkEwvKUNzSX82o0&utm_source=rflaid98220

https://www.adorama.com/etyer4sr.ht...x0Mo38bUkEwvKQVzSX82o0&utm_source=rflaid98220

Koss Porta Pro: $19.99

https://www.amazon.com/Koss-Porta-H...ywords=amazon+porta+pro&qid=1606657960&sr=8-3

These are all-time classics at some of the lowest price points I've seen. For some reason the price went back up when I searched these on Adorama. Oh well, at least the links still work for the marked prices at the moment!(I'm not affiliated). As always, the fit might be an issue for some. Thought I should just put them out there. Especially for those who were interested! GL!

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #26,520 of 31,833
Found some excellent deals from the forum!

Audeze iSine 10: $119

au110ie1000o.jpg

https://www.adorama.com/au110ie1000...x0Mo38bUkEwvPzhzSX82o0&utm_source=rflaid98220

Etymotic ER4XR / ER4SR: $139

etyer4xr_1.jpg

https://www.adorama.com/etyer4xr.ht...x0Mo38bUkEwvKUNzSX82o0&utm_source=rflaid98220

https://www.adorama.com/etyer4sr.ht...x0Mo38bUkEwvKQVzSX82o0&utm_source=rflaid98220

Koss Porta Pro: $19.99

https://www.amazon.com/Koss-Porta-H...ywords=amazon+porta+pro&qid=1606657960&sr=8-3

These are all-time classics at some of the lowest price points I've seen. For some reason the price went back up when I searched these on Adorama. Oh well, at least the links still work for the marked prices at the moment!(I'm not affiliated). As always, the fit might be an issue for some. Thought I should just put them out there. Especially for those who were interested! GL!

Nice, thanks for posting the deal! I recently got a set of ER4XR from Amazon that were a great deal at $199. But those will now be going back to Amazon, and I can use the $60 saved towards something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back