CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 27, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #25,996 of 31,868
What portable ampdac do you suggest to use with BLON bl03?
My opinion, bang for buck is FiiO BTR5. Can be used with literally any Bluetooth codec as well as in USB DAC mode.

Sep 27, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #25,997 of 31,868

If it's a portable amp for phone then I like the Topping NX4 (original, not DSD) or something a bit more neutral. In fact, is it for a phone?

My opinion, bang for buck is FiiO BTR5. Can be used with literally any Bluetooth codec as well as in USB DAC mode.

I do like the looks of it and no doubt the BTR5 is great and ample for use with the BLO3, but if it's only to use with the BLON then perhaps it's a bit expensive, nearly four times the cost of the IEMS? Maybe look into the FIIO A1, K1... both under £25. Not sure your source but HIDIZS do some cool portable DAC/AMPs that get good reviews.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #25,998 of 31,868
I do like the looks of it and no doubt the BTR5 is great and ample for use with the BLO3, but if it's only to use with the BLON then perhaps it's a bit expensive, nearly four times the cost of the IEMS?
Good point didn’t consider that!

Sep 27, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #25,999 of 31,868
NOOB Alert!!

I have a TinHifi T2 and its stock cable has started to show its age. The right one crackles and misses the sound often. I am planning to make it wireless but don't want to compromise on the sound quality and durability too much either. My budget is 'lesser the better' -

1) Get a bluetooth cable, like TRN BT3S - 20$

2) Get a TWS module, like TRN BT20S - 40$

3) or get a TWS earphones like Soundcore Life Note now - 30$ and sometime later get a wired cable, like
TRN T2 16 Core or **** 8 Core - 10$
Though sound quality of Soundcore TWS is not anywhere near Tin T2 but its reasonable and it offers a 2 year warranty too.

Note: I am from India and the 1) and 2) will be bought from Aliexpress and will not offer and warranties. In past I had once bought a KZ Bluetooth module for KZ ZS3, that module stopped working after 6-8 months and one of its connector broke loose too. So I am a bit wary of buying expensive stuff without warranty.

PS - If there are any better TWS available on Aliexpress, please do recommend.

if you really like the sound profile of the T2, the closest options that i have tried and like are the Nillkin Go and the Tronsmart Onyx Free, but both of them are a bit over the 30 usd mark. the BT20S is also a good buy if you want the T2 dedicated for bluetooth, just be mindful that the earhooks of the BT20S are a bit hard (can be shaped, but still) so it might be or not be a problem on fitting, as the T2's seal is notoriously easy to loosen the seal on some people

to reduce crackling problem on mmcx, i make a habit of putting O-rings at the connectors to reduce the chance of them spinning

Sep 27, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #26,000 of 31,868

Tempotec Sonata HD Pro delivers the most bang for the buck and will be all you need until you decide to get into full-size cans :)

Sep 28, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #26,002 of 31,868
Has anyone heard of this? https://shopee.ph/Blon-BL-01-In-Ear...-Earbud-With-Microphone-i.64655310.3804441070

1601270811204.png

I was able to find only one review on the internet.

Sep 28, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #26,004 of 31,868
Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #26,005 of 31,868
Sep 28, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #26,006 of 31,868
I think u can ask @Tonymac136 and @LaughMoreDaily about the BLON BL-01, I recall seeing them post about it previously.

I actually thought it isn't in production any more, wow seems u can still find a shop link for it.
Yeah... and there was only one single shop selling these.

Sep 28, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #26,007 of 31,868
I posted this in its own thread and it was suggested that I ask here as well, hoping for some pointers.
So I don't have any nice wired iems, and was hoping to get a recommendation on some chi-fi wired iems based on what I like/dislike about my current and past headphones. Going chi-fi because I'm happy to use AliExpress and everything else is super marked up in Aus.
I'd like to stay under $100 AUD though I might go higher (max around $200) if there's something there that really fits the bill.

They'll be running off a Tempotec Sonata HD Pro and occasionally a topping a30/d30 stack, and using foam tips for noise isolation and comfort (silicone tips don't create a seal in my ears). I listen to a lot of different genres, mostly guitar based but some electronic and vocal-focuses tracks too. I really like to hear the timbre of the bass guitar in competently produced tracks. I like some low end rumble and can't stand sibilance or boxiness.

Equipment I have/have tried:

Sennheiser HD 6XX: my favourite headphones but could use a touch more rumble and obviously being bulky and open back I can't take them anywhere. I like the sound stage, the clarity and handling of treble. I don't expect these in an iem but I figure it's a good guide for my tastes.

V-Moda Forza Metallo Wireless: these are my daily drivers and quite close to what I want so I have to be really nitpicky to ask for more. The upper treble sounds a bit artificial (which might be Bluetooth compression, even with aptx) and the soundstage is really narrow. A little more sub-bass would be nice too, though that may be because I don't have any really good fitting foam tips for them yet.

Sony WH-1000XM3: Low end is good but a bit muddy, a little short on clarity and there's a bit of a processed sound going on, but generally pleasant.

Cambridge Audio Melomania 1: The bass has tonnes of rumble and I quite like that but they also have very limited clarity and are very, very muffled.

Galaxy Buds/Galaxy Buds+: These hurt my ears. The highs have way too much sibilance, waaay too much. The bass is drowned out by the treble. Reasonably nice clarity though. I also suspect the scalable codec is stuck at rather low quality because it's scarcely better than SBC.

Superlux HD668B: These also hurt my ears. They have big issues with sibilance and the highs feel really dry and overly bright, albeit quite natural.

Logitech UE4000: these sound like an angry goose trapped in a wet cardboard box.

Hoping someone can help me out!

Sep 28, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #26,008 of 31,868
I posted this in its own thread and it was suggested that I ask here as well, hoping for some pointers.
So I don't have any nice wired iems, and was hoping to get a recommendation on some chi-fi wired iems based on what I like/dislike about my current and past headphones. Going chi-fi because I'm happy to use AliExpress and everything else is super marked up in Aus.
I'd like to stay under $100 AUD though I might go higher (max around $200) if there's something there that really fits the bill.

They'll be running off a Tempotec Sonata HD Pro and occasionally a topping a30/d30 stack, and using foam tips for noise isolation and comfort (silicone tips don't create a seal in my ears). I listen to a lot of different genres, mostly guitar based but some electronic and vocal-focuses tracks too. I really like to hear the timbre of the bass guitar in competently produced tracks. I like some low end rumble and can't stand sibilance or boxiness.

Equipment I have/have tried:

Sennheiser HD 6XX: my favourite headphones but could use a touch more rumble and obviously being bulky and open back I can't take them anywhere. I like the sound stage, the clarity and handling of treble. I don't expect these in an iem but I figure it's a good guide for my tastes.

V-Moda Forza Metallo Wireless: these are my daily drivers and quite close to what I want so I have to be really nitpicky to ask for more. The upper treble sounds a bit artificial (which might be Bluetooth compression, even with aptx) and the soundstage is really narrow. A little more sub-bass would be nice too, though that may be because I don't have any really good fitting foam tips for them yet.

Sony WH-1000XM3: Low end is good but a bit muddy, a little short on clarity and there's a bit of a processed sound going on, but generally pleasant.

Cambridge Audio Melomania 1: The bass has tonnes of rumble and I quite like that but they also have very limited clarity and are very, very muffled.

Galaxy Buds/Galaxy Buds+: These hurt my ears. The highs have way too much sibilance, waaay too much. The bass is drowned out by the treble. Reasonably nice clarity though. I also suspect the scalable codec is stuck at rather low quality because it's scarcely better than SBC.

Superlux HD668B: These also hurt my ears. They have big issues with sibilance and the highs feel really dry and overly bright, albeit quite natural.

Logitech UE4000: these sound like an angry goose trapped in a wet cardboard box.

Hoping someone can help me out!
Moondrop Starfield, probably.

Sep 28, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #26,010 of 31,868
Hello,

I had some Einsears T2 that died sadly... I can now no longer find any of them...
Now I am looking for some cheap headphones to use around the price of the Einsear...
Could be a bit more expensive. I enjoyed the Einsears cause they were cheap and overall good.

I was wondering if someone could give me some reccomendations on what is a good cheap headphone.
The urban funs I did not like much but I did like the Seahf AW-009 but I am looking for others as well.

Thanks for the help I apreciate it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back