CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 2, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #25,321 of 31,833
Perfect is when you stop analysing the music and just get lost in it :-D
So is this what the BL-03 was made for then?

I guess that and listening while doing other probably non music related tasks.

My only personal analogy seems to be that of a 3840x2160 resolution IPS TV that's great for watching movies and videos, probably also for graphics related work due to the very correct reproduction of colors, and probably great for getting immersed in a single player video game. BUT, it's objectively terrible for fast paced either multiplayer or just plain challenging video games that demand split second decisions due to limited refresh rate making any frame rate above 60 FPS only yielding VERY small display lag benefits, Response times above 10ms and generally display lag being sometimes in excess of 50ms.

Then there's SciOC(?)'s $8 burrito from the discovery thread.

Aug 3, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #25,324 of 31,833
@Slater
You just got flooded

Could be. There’s been massive flooding in many parts of China. It’s entirely possible that my package spent some time underwater!

Aug 3, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #25,326 of 31,833
When I attended San Jose State, I would eat at Super Taqueria...
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...views-Super_Taqueria-San_Jose_California.html
I don't remember how much their burritos were, but they were to die for!
I wish there was a Super Taqueria where I live now.
YMMV.
;)

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #25,327 of 31,833
Just ordered this Reecho GY-07 as sort of a blind buy. A single BA bullet-style IEM for around 15 bucks seemed like a decent deal, esp given they apparently provided actual measurements (which don't look half bad). These also have an unusually high impedance of 65 ohms, so I'm really curious overall. Hopefully they won't take too long to arrive.

1586832798383.png1586832931275.png

Did you ever get these? If so, how do you like them?

Im wondering if they are the same as the NiceHCK X49, just rebranded.

Aug 3, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #25,330 of 31,833
LZ-A4, what cable do you use, any improvement than factory one ?

Well 20 pages late is still better than never right! Not sure why I did not get notified of this one but the cable you see in this shot was one of "He who can't be mentioned" SP cables and it was a nice upgrade 4-5 years ago to my A4's but it was a $71 cable :rolling_eyes: I'm now using a Xiaofan cable that cost half as much, sounds just as good but looks even better than it sounds for me:grin:

XiaofanDango.JPG

Aug 3, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #25,331 of 31,833
I have been considering the BA10, since there seems to be some seriously die hard fans of it.

I was very underwhelmed by the original C16 (not CA16). The C16 low end is way too anemic for my tastes. And that is what everyone seems to swear is so good about the BA10. I do love me some nice fat bass :)

You noticed that is NOT one I sent to you :smirk: All the Headphones I own and my BA10's are still in my top 5 and probably my fave all BA all time:grin:

Aug 3, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #25,332 of 31,833
You noticed that is NOT one I sent to you :smirk: All the Headphones I own and my BA10's are still in my top 5 and probably my fave all BA all time:grin:

Don’t worry, it’s on my 11.11 list :)

I just have to decide if I want Iron Man color or black/red.

Aug 3, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #25,333 of 31,833
Don’t worry, it’s on my 11.11 list :)

I just have to decide if I want Iron Man color or black/red.

Well my originals were the Iron Man's so I ordered the Darth Maul's as my back up. I always want a pair, for me the BA-10 is the pinnacle of KZ's work to date provided you get a good fit with tips and a decent cable. Of course I know for many their MMV :wink:

Solid Budget.JPG

Aug 3, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #25,334 of 31,833
Well my originals were the Iron Man's so I ordered the Darth Maul's as my back up. I always want a pair, for me the BA-10 is the pinnacle of KZ's work to date provided you get a good fit with tips and a decent cable. Of course I know for many their MMV :wink:

Solid Budget.JPG

I wonder if there will be a BA10 X or BA10 Pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back