CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 9, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #23,734 of 31,833
So choosing to go a run or a walk every day of lockdown UK (sorry to those of you in Italy or Spain where it's even stricter), I've reached into my messy box of earphones (all in poly bags) and used whichever set I pick out for a few days. So far Artsite DC1, **** ****, TRN V30, DUNU DN 2000 and AudioSense AS20. Jeez you can easily forget how good some of those oldies still sound.

A particular treat was the AS20 which I totally forgot is one of the clearest and most rounded earphones of my collection (and I really need to try some of their more recent outings). Get the right tip and they can sound very neutral but with enough warmth that they are lots of fun. Very accurate fast bass. Superb for movies and big orchestra. Get the wrong tip and they can sound very dry and metallic and overly airy. A fine line. They can sound like a more refined MH750 which is high praise.

I also forgot just how good the **** is (and how much better it is over the PRO). For me still THE budget earphone to beat for sound. I'd personally take it before the BL03, BIE, C10... all excellent value.

IMG_20200410_013943.jpg

EDIT : Meant to put this in the Asian Brand Thread... not the place for the DUNU lol

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #23,735 of 31,833
So choosing to go a run or a walk every day of lockdown UK (sorry to those of you in Italy or Spain where it's even stricter), I've reached into my messy box of earphones (all in poly bags) and used whichever set I pick out for a few days. So far Artsite DC1, **** ****, TRN V30, DUNU DN 2000 and AudioSense AS20. Jeez you can easily forget how good some of those oldies still sound.

A particular treat was the AS20 which I totally forgot is one of the clearest and most rounded earphones of my collection (and I really need to try some of their more recent outings). Get the right tip and they can sound very neutral but with enough warmth that they are lots of fun. Very accurate fast bass. Superb for movies and big orchestra. Get the wrong tip and they can sound very dry and metallic and overly airy. A fine line. They can sound like a more refined MH750 which is high praise.

I also forgot just how good the **** is (and how much better it is over the PRO). For me still THE budget earphone to beat for sound. I'd personally take it before the BL03, BIE, C10... all excellent value.

IMG_20200410_013943.jpg

agree. im auditioning around 15 chifi Iems but still cannot move on from the oldies .expecially c10, and **** ****. probably going to be in chifi budget iem hall of fame hahaha if there's one.

Apr 10, 2020 at 12:17 AM Post #23,736 of 31,833
Yes, we jump on the next train (iem) sometimes before the last one has really opened up! I love revisiting ones I was impressed with all the time, here’s a really funny one especially for this thread since this entire rig cost me $102!
2A7AEC24-7362-49EC-A8DA-E5AE9C0A3380.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #23,738 of 31,833

IMG_20200410_013943.jpg

EDIT : Meant to put this in the Asian Brand Thread... not the place for the DUNU lol
+1 for Artiste DC1 and ****!

Apr 10, 2020 at 4:08 AM Post #23,739 of 31,833
Apr 10, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #23,740 of 31,833
After a week I'm convinced the BLON 03 is nothing special, I don't get the hype. It's likely that people just prefer different sound signatures however. People talking about it killing IEM's under $100??? lol have you tried the TFZ T2, likely not. If you guys are adding tips and a cable to the BLON 03 you're in the same category as the TFZ T2 and it smokes it in every possible way, times 2.
A bit late to the parade rain, but I agree with you 100%. T2 Galaxy has better fitment, cable, looks (the Blue is near bling) and does not suffer from recessed highs like the BLON.

Apr 10, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #23,741 of 31,833
A bit late to the parade rain, but I agree with you 100%. T2 Galaxy has better fitment, cable, looks (the Blue is near bling) and does not suffer from recessed highs like the BLON.
I changed my opinion later, I ended up loving the Blon as seen in my sig. The T2 Galaxy is amazing and I love it as well, especially for modern rock/prog metal. The T2 definitely has more of sparkle, as you note. Some find it too much. I've always thought the TFZ T2 was a underrated gem, you'll get no slack from loving, love what you love.... :).

edit: I try not to edit my OP but I thought I'd add a bit more, the blon 03 just sounds more natural. You may only get this if you listen to slower music and with a song that you are used to. The T2 Galaxy is straight up "in your face" as I used to call it with forward mid-high's, especially good for metal if you're into that sort of thing as I noted before. The T2 Galaxy also hits lower in the sub-bass, I've A/B'd multiple sets and it certainly does, so it's also great for EDM if you like that. Nothin' wrong with the TF2 T2 bro, screw the haters.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #23,742 of 31,833
BGGAR... really?

Exactly, that pretty much tells you his mentality right off the bat and he does like to throw some names (Handles) around :rolling_eyes: Of course I'm sure the Mods will come to his rescue since he started it by slamming Slater (I mean come on the guy has a 20 to 1 post/likes count) but put Jude in his list of idols:smirk: Enough about those who contribute anything constructive what I'm curious about is the filter set on the NICEHCK NX7 Pro's, I remember @baskingshark stating the original filter set on the M6's sucking but the BGVP's really doing the trick so what does everyone who owns the NX7 Pro think of that filter set?

@FuelMan , NICE is making the same case now and I love this size and it easily handles an additional cable in the screen pocket or something like an ES-100 or BTR5 :wink:

NICE Inside.JPG

NICE Case.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #23,743 of 31,833
Exactly, that pretty much tells you his mentality right off the bat and he does like to throw some names (Handles) around :rolling_eyes: Of course I'm sure the Mods will come to his rescue since he started it by slamming Slater (I mean come on the guy has a 20 to 1 post/likes count) but put Jude in his list of idols:smirk: Enough about those who contribute anything constructive what I'm curious about is the filter set on the NICEHCK NX7 Pro's, I remember @baskingshark stating the original filter set on the M6's sucking but the BGVP's really doing the trick so what does everyone who owns the NX7 Pro think of that filter set?

@FuelMan , NICE is making the same case now and I love this size and it easily handles an additional cable in the screen pocket or something like an ES-100 or BTR5 :wink:

NICE Inside.JPG
NICE Case.JPG
Good to know and thanks for the info. I really like the size and strength of the Shozy I have so if this is pretty much the same, is a great option for cases you would like to swap!

Apr 10, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #23,744 of 31,833
Good to know and thanks for the info. I really like the size and strength of the Shozy I have so if this is pretty much the same, is a great option for cases you would like to swap!

Pretty sure our cases are the same size :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 10, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #23,745 of 31,833
Walnut F2.

Hey I've ordered one from AliExpress and I'm awaiting it's delivery. It would be helpful if you can please share your impressions of this amp/dac. While purchasing, I didn't find many reviews around this but bought it basis Walnut V2S impressions. Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back