CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 30, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #23,596 of 31,867
Male vocals on mini is even more recessed than the form. But female is more forward. Other than that the treble on the mini is much higher in both quality and quantity. Bass is tighter and faster but does not have the same texture as the Form. Instrument separation, soundstage and details are better on the mini. Timbre is a bit more natural on the form because it doesn't have the extreme amount of air as the mini which makes it a bit more unnatural. Having both the form and mini is nice and they are different. Just that the mini has that weakness that in my case is a very big weakness, being the recessed male vocals. If you do not listen to male vocals and are not treble sensitive then go ahead and get the mini. Otherwise If you like your male vocals or are treble sensitive then I advise against it.
Thanks RikudouGoku, I appreciate your time and insight - I can work with this and very soon, make a decision! Don't really need them but if it's a chance to capitalize on a good value, I probably should include them. I already have the KBEAR Diamond on the order as well. Am curious NOW, if I should just eleminate both the Diamond and A6 Mini, and simply go with the MD Starfields. Unfortunately the Starfields are not really on special and can be had for $109 anytime, which is why my focus was shifting to other value oriented options. Thanks again for your insight.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #23,597 of 31,867
Thanks RikudouGoku, I appreciate your time and insight - I can work with this and very soon, make a decision! Don't really need them but if it's a chance to capitalize on a good value, I probably should include them. I already have the KBEAR Diamond on the order as well. Am curious NOW, if I should just eleminate both the Diamond and A6 Mini, and simply go with the MD Starfields
Well If I could make the choice again, I would buy the form 1.1 and the big brother A6. Because the mini is just obsolete now with the A6 in my collection...feels like I wasted the money on the mini (although I had to, because alot of people were saying that the A6/mini had alot of treble so i was afraid of it being sibilant for me so I got the mini so i could try it and was prepared for it to be too sibilant for me, turns out it wasnt sibilant or sharp at all (with the filters I use))

Mar 30, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #23,598 of 31,867
Having used the Tin T4 for almost a month now, I can safely say that this one is not for me.

It is one of the, if not the most detailed IEM around $100 for sure. However, the male vocals have this strange nasal tone to them, quite subtle but definitely sticks out once you notice it. The cable is trash due to the loose mmcx jack, and the fit is questionable as well. Worst of all though - it is a bit too intense for me on many tracks and I can't listen to it for over half an hour without requiring a break. The ~6KHz peak is taking its toll I'd assume.

In summary: not a fan, time to move on.
IMG_6808.JPG

Mar 30, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #23,599 of 31,867
Having used the Tin T4 for almost a month now, I can safely say that this one is not for me.

It is one of the, if not the most detailed IEM around $100 for sure. However, the male vocals have this strange nasal tone to them, quite subtle but definitely sticks out once you notice it. The cable is trash due to the loose mmcx jack, and the fit is questionable as well. Worst of all though - it is a bit too intense for me on many tracks and I can't listen to it for over half an hour without requiring a break. The ~6KHz peak is taking its toll I'd assume.

In summary: not a fan, time to move on.
I had a similar problem with my T4. Loose connection on the MMCX. It failed completely and now there's no sound. A replacement is on its way. It's not the cable, that's fine and sounds great with my **** Pro. It's the earpieces themselves. Before they failed I was enjoying them. As you say, the detail is superb. The bright treble does not bother me as much as the tuning is similar to the T3 which is one of my favourites.

Mar 30, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #23,600 of 31,867
How would you describe A6 mini signature? I like natural sounding and balanced signature IEMs and usually prefer DDs over hybrid timbre. TIA.

I don't think the timbre of the A6 mini is that accurate. I do like the highs of the A6 mini but they don't have quite the right timbre to me. The timbre of the Blon 03 and the Urbanfun are much more realistic and natural IMHO.

Mar 30, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #23,601 of 31,867
I don't think the timbre of the A6 mini is that accurate. I do like the highs of the A6 mini but they don't have quite the right timbre to me. The timbre of the Blon 03 and the Urbanfun are much more realistic and natural IMHO.
Agreed, the mini has an extreme amount of air that makes it less natural. Also the uneven mids causes the overall naturality to not be that good.

Mar 30, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #23,602 of 31,867
I have completed my review of the TRN ST1 but there isn't a showcase page for it. Can someone create one for me? Thank you!

Mar 30, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #23,603 of 31,867
Thanks RikudouGoku, I appreciate your time and insight - I can work with this and very soon, make a decision! Don't really need them but if it's a chance to capitalize on a good value, I probably should include them. I already have the KBEAR Diamond on the order as well. Am curious NOW, if I should just eleminate both the Diamond and A6 Mini, and simply go with the MD Starfields. Unfortunately the Starfields are not really on special and can be had for $109 anytime, which is why my focus was shifting to other value oriented options. Thanks again for your insight.

FWIW, I just saw the Moondrop Starfield being sold at $99.99 at Hifigo (not aliexpress). That's the lowest I've seen it for first hand anywhere. Some friends have told me it is a sidegrade/marginal upgrade over the KBEAR Diamond (but for $30 more), so I'll probably give it a miss. Too many sidegrades in CHIFI nowadays and gotta spend more wisely in uncertain times.

In general, I think DD (eg urbanfun and BLON) beats BAs and piezos (eg A6 mini) in timbre. Even for some TOTL BAs I've auditioned, they still don't sound as natural in timbre for the bass decay and acoustic instruments as DD timbre, though the BAs definitely have better technicalities for an equivalently priced DD in general.

I've never really been a fan of piezo timbre too, they definitely provide good details and airiness but tend to sound even more unnatural in timbre than BAs. I think it's cause piezos have very fast transients and extreme air, but different strokes for different folks!

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #23,604 of 31,867
Mar 31, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #23,605 of 31,867
Anyone tried ordering MH755's from AE? Are they legit?

I wanna dump my coupons before the sale ends, might as well try a pair.

Mar 31, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #23,606 of 31,867
Anyone tried ordering MH755's from AE? Are they legit?

I wanna dump my coupons before the sale ends, might as well try a pair.
Bought two genuine pairs from the Exquisite Intelligent Life Store (sic!), but it seems they no longer have them. Try searching AE for other listings. You should be fine as long as you stick to the white ones.

Mar 31, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #23,609 of 31,867

Users who are viewing this thread

Back