CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 17, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #23,431 of 31,833
Of course, from a personal experience, I find the Shozy 1.1's to be a great alternative for both fit and performance. I realize others may disagree but for me, the bass seems to have better definition and texture and the highs seem more technical and less aggressive. The 1.1's insert perfectly each and every time and are super comfortable for me. They also seem to do a great job at low volume levels as well (could listen to them for hours); bass remains strong and highs are crisp and detailed. My only complaint is the mid-range, I wish they were a bit more "forward" with a bit more presence in this area. So while not perfect, I feel they are a good value at $70-$75. Thanks for the advice on the forum.
Totally agree, I have both and find the blons are great, but I can listen to the Shozy 1.1 for hours on my BT20S. Work a lot outside so they are perfect and isolation is good, except when my battery runs out and all I can hear is my heart beat.

Mar 17, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #23,432 of 31,833
The Cambridge SE1 gets better over time. With Spiral Dots or Symbio Peels, too, they are great. For £20.....top notch.
agreed--even if they're not the most technically accomplished there's something about them that rewards long-term listening + they're very comfortable

Mar 17, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #23,433 of 31,833
Previously there was talk about a BLON BL-03 MK2 being developed that basically has a longer nozzle and decreased midbass/upper mids. Not sure if plans are shelved or delayed due to the coronavirus.

One option (if you can still find them), is to get a 2nd hand BLON Cardinal/Bluejay. They were no longer in production as of end 2019 and most stores are sold out. The Cardinal/Bluejay has a much better fit and isolation than the BL-03, but retains much of the same tuning and timbre. Due to the better fit/isolation, subbass is increased in quantity and extension, and technicalities are slightly better. Soundstage is wider too. They cost about double of the BL-03, but there's no need to mess around with aftermarket tips/cables OOTB with it.

Otherwise, maybe you can check out some single DD sets that are supposed upgrades over the BL-03 (though costing more), such as:
- Moondrop Starfield - seem to be getting very good reviews all round from reviewers and non reviewers
- KBEAR Diamond - it is about 30 bucks cheaper than the Starfield, and I've put my impressions in a previous post on it vs BLON BL-03: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...reference-list.805930/page-1559#post-15513262
- Tin HIFI T4 - may have QC issues, neutralish bright tuning
- WG T-one - not many reviews out there
- Urbanfun YBF-ISS014 - may have QC issues, but very favourable feedback from headfi users and some reviewers
- Toneking Ninetails - 9 tuning signatures possible (very versatile). Slightly worse timbre than BL-03 but better technicalities. Looks weird but is comfortable. Poor isolation.

I'm actually contemplating between Urbanfun and Starfield. Sadly, I'll have to wait till coronavirus threat subsides as parcels will be delayed and in some cases, won't even enter my country.

Mar 17, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #23,436 of 31,833
i am learning to appreciate the earphones that i have right now, i like it

Amen Fast :grin: Some of you have been here before:rolling_eyes: Been enjoying my BGVP DMS on my Opus #1 all day and this could easily be a "Stranded" rig:beerchug:

Can You Hear’em Now.JPG

Mar 17, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #23,439 of 31,833
I thought I have problems spending money. But now I feel way better :)

Glad I could help, now lets look at some more of the obsession :scream: This should really set your mind at ease

A Little DAP’l Do Ya.JPG
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mar 17, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #23,442 of 31,833
Mar 17, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #23,443 of 31,833
Amen Fast :grin: Some of you have been here before:rolling_eyes: Been enjoying my BGVP DMS on my Opus #1 all day and this could easily be a "Stranded" rig:beerchug:
It's a shame you only have two ears! :beerchug:

Mar 17, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #23,444 of 31,833
It's a shame you only have two ears! :beerchug:

Well I'm usually kind of shy but you must know it's really in the kind of ears one has :wink:

1584483628184.png

Mar 17, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #23,445 of 31,833
Shozy Form 1.1 Sound Report
Equipment: Shozy Form 1.1 w/Dekoni Tips | iPhone 7
Music: Artist - Miles Davis | Album - The Complete in a Silent Way Sessions | Song - Mademoiselle Mabry
Source: Tidal Stream
Volume: iPhone at roughly 40-45%

Wishing everyone a great evening and best of health to all. Had some time and wanted to share some enjoyable music for those classic jazz fans and lovers of quality tunes in general. Miles Davis is one of my all time favorite musicians and the quality of his productions on certain albums is rather astonishing for the time. My primary background lies within home audio and I've always been enamored with quality equipment that maintains it's ability to be dynamic at low volume levels. This particular song IMO sounds fantastic on these Form 1.1's, they really shine at these volume levels and are extremely dynamic. I think one of the most attractive elements of these particular IEMS is their ability to present textured bass with depth at a low volume. Highs are well defined and the harmonics of the cymbals and trumpet are well discernible and not over bearing. The production of this song takes many instruments and gives them great space to operate within and the 1.1's seem to take full advantage. I know many of you have REALLY nice setups and FAR BETTER sources than what I'm using; I can only imagine! If you like jazz and have never listened to much Miles Davis, and this track specifically (really the entire album), treat yourself, I doubt you will regret it. And before cranking the volume, give the low-volume option a shot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back