CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 29, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #22,171 of 31,832
Not sure if Amazon US's site is an option for you, but if so, I highly recommend the Echobox Finder, currently available for $10 on Amazon.com. They've been my sleeping IEMs since I got them, they're extremely comfortable and the shells fit deep enough into my ear that I can lay on my side and they don't put any pressure on my ears at all. I've also been using them a lot this winter, because they are really comfortable for wearing under winter hats pulled down over my ears.

Only warning I'll give is that the filters you can use to alter the tuning are extremely fragile. They're not at risk of falling apart as long as they're attached to the IEMs themselves, but they are extremely prone to falling apart if you're handling them on their own. They come with the "bass" filters installed, so if anybody buys these and you listen to them out of the box and think the bass levels sound good, I'd suggest never removing the bass filters. One of my bass filters fell apart when I just wanted to quickly audition the other filters. I also reached out to the company via email for a replacement because there's allegedly a 3 year warranty, but I never heard back from them.

Overall sound is pretty balanced on the whole. With the "reference" filters they kind of remind me of the Tin T2 but without the sub bass roll-off, and more depth in the sound stage.
Thank you for the heads up on the x1 , I ordered 3 extra :-D

Dec 29, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #22,172 of 31,832
You shouldn't worry about perspiration destroying an iem. You should worry about your brain thinking a crappy KZ iem sounding good.

I'd rather have a great sounding iem die from perspiration than think that.

I was thinking if my IEMs get ruined from getting wet, I would rather it be a 15$ pair. Not my 89$ set.

Dec 29, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #22,173 of 31,832
Tbh, if you have the trn v90, tfz no. 3, bqeyz kb100, you'll not be needing those (zsn pro, zsr, zst) because they are clearly below them from my experience. They are good but harsher than trn 90 etc

I gotta say though: I am really interested in trying the TRN V90 you have. I chose the CCA C12 over them and am wondering if I made a mistake, but... I haven't even had time to give the C12 a full evaluation yet since I have been so busy getting my BLON BL-03 sorted out.

I'm in the same boat. Tried the C12, a little too thin for my liking despite cable rolling. I've put it up for sale. Considering the V90 or the KB100. My Spring 1 didn't have enough bass but I liked the mids. Would the A6 mini be a better choice (despite being cheaper?)

Dec 29, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #22,174 of 31,832
I'm in the same boat. Tried the C12, a little too thin for my liking despite cable rolling. I've put it up for sale. Considering the V90 or the KB100. My Spring 1 didn't have enough bass but I liked the mids. Would the A6 mini be a better choice (despite being cheaper?)

I have all those you mentioned IEMs, but my A6 mini is still on the way and wont be here anytime soon, will post later maybe in 3 weeks. But if you are looking for more bass, your best bet is V90, but you will definitely miss that sweet mids of Spring 1, this is hard to beat on this price range. A6 mini may will have better quality bass, but not the quantity.

Dec 29, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #22,175 of 31,832
I have all those you mentioned IEMs, but my A6 mini is still on the way and wont be here anytime soon, will post later maybe in 3 weeks. But if you are looking for more bass, your best bet is V90, but you will definitely miss that sweet mids of Spring 1, this is hard to beat on this price range. A6 mini may will have better quality bass, but not the quantity.
Thank you for your advice. It will probably be the V90 add I just want as pair of fun phones for traveling. I await your assessment of the A6 mini in due course...

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #22,176 of 31,832
A6 Mini might not have the outright quantity of the V90 in terms of bass but it goes low, doesn't sound muted and it's so, so damn fast.

It's more or less rendered all my other IEMs irrelevant.

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #22,177 of 31,832
Interesting. I'll try the V90 first and see if it fits the bill. If not, the LZ. Have you cable rolled the LZ?

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #22,178 of 31,832
Interesting. I'll try the V90 first and see if it fits the bill. If not, the LZ. Have you cable rolled the LZ?

I can't. Mine has a dodgy 2 pin connector and the only cable I've got (so far) that works is the stock one. Though I have a couple I've not tried yet.

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #22,179 of 31,832
btw, i know a lot of people here are into cable rolling, but im naturally a cable skeptic, im not gonna spend any money on those beautiful looking faaeal cables unless i have something other than subjective ears to go on. has anyone gotten measurement results of differences when cable rolling? has someone done a systematic comparison with graphs and posted it somewhere?

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #22,180 of 31,832
Not sure if Amazon US's site is an option for you, but if so, I highly recommend the Echobox Finder, currently available for $10 on Amazon.com. They've been my sleeping IEMs since I got them, they're extremely comfortable and the shells fit deep enough into my ear that I can lay on my side and they don't put any pressure on my ears at all. I've also been using them a lot this winter, because they are really comfortable for wearing under winter hats pulled down over my ears.

Only warning I'll give is that the filters you can use to alter the tuning are extremely fragile. They're not at risk of falling apart as long as they're attached to the IEMs themselves, but they are extremely prone to falling apart if you're handling them on their own. They come with the "bass" filters installed, so if anybody buys these and you listen to them out of the box and think the bass levels sound good, I'd suggest never removing the bass filters. One of my bass filters fell apart when I just wanted to quickly audition the other filters. I also reached out to the company via email for a replacement because there's allegedly a 3 year warranty, but I never heard back from them.

Overall sound is pretty balanced on the whole. With the "reference" filters they kind of remind me of the Tin T2 but without the sub bass roll-off, and more depth in the sound stage.

I would try those but I'm in Europe. What is the exact model? I found it elsewhere (x1 model) for $70 and more.

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #22,181 of 31,832
I would try those but I'm in Europe. What is the exact model? I found it elsewhere (x1 model) for $70 and more.

Got mine on Drop for around £25 posted and taxed. Hate them. The treble is savage, mids are recessed, soundstage is everywhere. They're utter crap. Their Explorer DAP is also dreadful, sounds ok but the WiFi is awful and the software clunky. I wouldn't touch anything made by them, designed by them, or with any input from them whatsoever. Absolute shower.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #22,183 of 31,832
btw, i know a lot of people here are into cable rolling, but im naturally a cable skeptic, im not gonna spend any money on those beautiful looking faaeal cables unless i have something other than subjective ears to go on. has anyone gotten measurement results of differences when cable rolling? has someone done a systematic comparison with graphs and posted it somewhere?

The only objective measurements are resistance, if you have a look at @hakuzen cable thread on here. I can definitely hear a difference between cables when using the same source and iem. I also feel that the degree of difference is directly proportional to the quality of the cable itself and your other hardware. The bottom line is that it is fun for me and all part of the journey. Who here doesn't tip roll?

Dec 29, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #22,184 of 31,832
The only objective measurements are resistance, if you have a look at @hakuzen cable thread on here. I can definitely hear a difference between cables when using the same source and iem. I also feel that the degree of difference is directly proportional to the quality of the cable itself and your other hardware. The bottom line is that it is fun for me and all part of the journey. Who here doesn't tip roll?

I buy cables that have more heft and better looks than stock ones. If they sound better great, though I haven't noticed any difference except for going to balanced. However, I have noticed differences with cables in my hifi setup. Not necessarily between third party cables but the difference between cheap stock and third party is immense.

Dec 29, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #22,185 of 31,832
No one can hear resistance.
If scientifically measurable difference existed, there would have been convincing sound measurements (after all, a fraction of dB can be measured).

Cable colours are much more noticeable. Different colours contribute to a definitive psychoacoustic difference :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back