CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 9, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #21,556 of 31,833
It's a real jack of all trades, sounds fine whatever I use as a source, doesn't need an amp. Is it impressive? Not at all. It just lets me listen to the music.

Thats exactly how I feel about the EDR1. A $3 no nonsense git r done earphone, for when I just want to listen to some music.

Dec 9, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #21,557 of 31,833
Yup, EDR1, ED9, MH750/5, BL01 all fit into that category. None of them change the world but for the money they are all brilliant "earphone as tool". Sometimes it's nice to listen to the music with zero care for the gear.

Dec 9, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #21,558 of 31,833
Looks like you need to turn your bull**** detector on mate.

My point is that it's not because bad iems like the **** or ZSN pro got good hearsay that they're good. You need to read between lines, and it's only good if you find it good, not because others say so.

Anyway this forum is in a phase where the blon overhype is fading away so everyone seems to be running in circles about if they should get that iem of the past that got decent reviews.

I think we need very quickly a new hype! Or else... We could be condemned to search for new music to listen on what we already have, the nightmare :crying_cat_face:

well, senpai I haven't seen the light of TOTL IEMs yet, so I don't know what I'm missing out yet

the BLON BL-03 are pretty awesome but the V90 most of the times are better for me.

The **** sound pretty nice most of the times :gs1000smile::ksc75smile: , so it's not exactly "bad" - might have to get the **** Pro at some time though since they got some nice impressions posted *shrug*

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #21,559 of 31,833
Just ordered my first pair of CHIFI IEMs! I ended up going for the TFZ T2 Galaxy in Green, bought a SHANLING C3 case as well to hold my Sony DAP and a pair of IEMs...

Future purchases? Blon 03, 4.4 mm cables for both the Blon and TFZ, tips maybe? Maybe Tin T2s? I don't wanna end up with tons of IEMs though hahaha.

Yay! I am also waiting for my pair of green TFZ T2s, which seem to be on the boat as we speak.

The Tin T2 has definitely stood the test of time, although I'm shortlisting the T4 for my next purchase myself. Those jet turbine styled endcaps help make the Tin T-series design look much more aesthetically complete vs. its predecessors to me.

Dec 9, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #21,560 of 31,833
Be aware that much of the time, those certificates are as fake as a $3 bill.

Fake High Res certification, fake CE, fake Underwriters Laboratory, TUV, COC rating, etc. After all, anyone can Photoshop these logos onto the box, Photoshop the certificate documents, etc.

Many Chinese products are made in obscure pop-up factories, by companies with convoluted ownership, and often ODM or rebranded logos by or for someone else. It’s basically the Wild West, and nearly impossible for many of these certification bodies to track, trace, or prosecute violators.

Not to mention fake Knowles drivers, etc.

So my advice is to not get wrapped up in the certificates, or the marketing mumbo jumbo, any much of the other fluff.

All that matters (besides service and support) is the resulting end product - whether it’s good or bad, good tuning, Bluetooth that doesn’t constantly disconnect, electronics that don’t overheat or freeze, screens without ghost lines and bad pixels, etc.

I just checked, the EA3 is legit, under the website that was provided I did find both the Fiio products and the Jade Audio EA3. They are in that database.

Yeah while Hi-Res certificate can be faked, but i don't think with Fiio since they are a legit Hi-Res certificated. I think they are easily accepted since Jade Audio still under Fiio, or they did the efforts to get them.

Wow @voja Thanks for clarification, seems really promising with legit Hi Res certification, and I think they are using real Knowles driver like their Fiio.

Dec 9, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #21,561 of 31,833
Just ordered my first pair of CHIFI IEMs! I ended up going for the TFZ T2 Galaxy in Green, bought a SHANLING C3 case as well to hold my Sony DAP and a pair of IEMs...

Future purchases? Blon 03, 4.4 mm cables for both the Blon and TFZ, tips maybe? Maybe Tin T2s? I don't wanna end up with tons of IEMs though hahaha.

Welcome to Head-fi! That 169x103x56mm case should hold all your future gear for at least a few weeks' worth of purchases.

Dec 9, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #21,562 of 31,833
Lots of suggestions and options to consider, I appreciate all those who chipped in in response to my indecision. Unfortunately, it seems like I have even more options to choose from! Haha

So to sum up what I've read, I should order the ****, V90, TFZ T2, C12, ZSX, BL-03 and maybe the BA5? Just to be on the safe side?

Sarcasm aside, I had the C12 ordered from Amazon and couldn't cancel it in time. Worst case is that I don't like them and return them; best case is I like them, return them and order them from somewhere much cheaper. Quite excited to hear them!

Dec 9, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #21,564 of 31,833
Wow @voja Thanks for clarification, seems really promising with legit Hi Res certification, and I think they are using real Knowles driver like their Fiio.
To be honest I got a little sceptical at first. But on a second thought, why would a company under Fiio be messing aroung with legit certificates. Can you let me know the fuss about the Knowles driver? While I joined recently, and already picked up some major knowledge, I do not understand the value of this Knowles driver.

As Expected all Fiio and Jade Audio products showed up in that database, just clearing it up to anyone who was wondering. It's actually quite a useful database. All the props to @nraymond for the useful plug.

Dec 9, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #21,565 of 31,833
Lots of suggestions and options to consider, I appreciate all those who chipped in in response to my indecision. Unfortunately, it seems like I have even more options to choose from! Haha

So to sum up what I've read, I should order the ****, V90, TFZ T2, C12, ZSX, BL-03 and maybe the BA5? Just to be on the safe side?

Sarcasm aside, I had the C12 ordered from Amazon and couldn't cancel it in time. Worst case is that I don't like them and return them; best case is I like them, return them and order them from somewhere much cheaper. Quite excited to hear them!
If you go to exactly the 1416th page of this thread, you will find the beginning of my presence on this forum. You did not state whether sound isolation and sound leakage are important factors.

My two cents: Just eliminate the KZ ZSX since you already ordered the C12, those two are usually compared together. Anyone is welcome to correct me or give their opinon, but I would chose the BA5 and eliminate the BL03. That's it from my side. BL03 has truly been the side effect of the hype train, and as you already noticed is either greatly loved or greatly hated.

Again I am reminding you that what I wrote above is based purely on research, which also includes several sources outside of this forum. I do not own any of these IEM's and therefore you should listen to the experienced people from here, my recommendation is to go to the page I told you about, and just keep on reading from there. Trust me you will find a lot of useful information about the above mentioned models, I truly went in depth to receive opinion from fellow Head-Fiers.

Dec 9, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #21,566 of 31,833
Can you let me know the fuss about the Knowles driver? While I joined recently, and already picked up some major knowledge, I do not understand the value of this Knowles driver.

Knowles and Sonion drivers are supposed to be of better quality for BA drivers and were usually found in more expensive IEMs compared to the usual cheaper Bellsing drivers we find in cheaper CHIFI like KZs.
Though ironically, the cat is out of the bag that some TOTL IEM brands use Bellsings (https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/cxqlje/knowles_files_claim_with_us_trade_commission_to/), whereas some CHIFI companies use Knowles and Sonions in their IEMs. Knowles alleges Bellsing copied their stuff, so there's a big lawsuit going on in US now in the above link.

Personally, I find Knowles are less harsh and have a less artificial timbre than the Bellsings in general, but some people find the Knowles sounds too "clean". Though as u can see, even TOTL sets use Bellsings and not many users are complaining that the sound is "off". I think the Bellsings are catching up very fast to the Knowles, and are cheaper. In fact these cheaper drivers helped to get us cheaper CHIFI products for good sound quality the past 2 - 3 years, though it is a big can of worms on the ethics of it.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #21,567 of 31,833
If you go to exactly the 1416th page of this thread, you will find the beginning of my presence on this forum. You did not state whether sound isolation and sound leakage are important factors.

My two cents: Just eliminate the KZ ZSX since you already ordered the C12, those two are usually compared together. Anyone is welcome to correct me or give their opinon, but I would chose the BA5 and eliminate the BL03. That's it from my side. BL03 has truly been the side effect of the hype train, and as you already noticed is either greatly loved or greatly hated.

Again I am reminding you that what I wrote above is based purely on research, which also includes several sources outside of this forum. I do not own any of these IEM's and therefore you should listen to the experienced people from here, my recommendation is to go to the page I told you about, and just keep on reading from there. Trust me you will find a lot of useful information about the above mentioned models, I truly went in depth to receive opinion from fellow Head-Fiers.

I never mentioned isolation/leakage because I wasn't too worried about it but I should have added it to my original post just to cover that base. I have a few different IEMs currently that are solid enough for isolation and figured I would get sucked into ChiFi and end up ordering a few different IEMs anyways. I'll probably have a pair for every application after a while lol. It would make sense that the BL03 would be a bit overhyped given how often I see reviews and posts raving about it. I'll see how much money I can justify throwing at ChiFi then see if I want to order it just to try it for myself.

I'll look back at some of your earlier posts/discussions. I've read a lot from this thread here and there (1400+ pages is a bit too much despite my thirst for knowledge), but seeing some suggestions for someone who was in a similar situation will be helpful.

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #21,568 of 31,833
Yeah while Hi-Res certificate can be faked, but i don't think with Fiio since they are a legit Hi-Res certificated. I think they are easily accepted since Jade Audio still under Fiio, or they did the efforts to get them.

Yes, I have no doubts that FiiO (and Jade Audio, which is a FiiO brand) is legit all the way - legit High Res certification, genuine Knowles drivers, genuine Muses opamps, etc.

Dec 9, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #21,570 of 31,833
so, i love my Tin T2, but there are a few things i can nitpick that i'd love to address on my next pickup. one thing is how cymbals seem to hover over the mix on a lot of recordings, and another is i'd like a bit more bass on my next pickup. not a lot more bass, i'm not really a deep V shape fan and i find bass heavy earphones very fatigueing, but enough that I can enjoy a good bassline a bit more. also anything with better isolation than the Tin T2 is a plus.

i have the SFR **** on the way (but i wasn't paying enough attention and due to which seller it was it's taking forever to ship) and i'm looking to pick up one more option. i was looking at maybe the TRN BA5 or maybe CCA C12, people have opinions on those choices or other ideas?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back