CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 24, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #18,916 of 31,848
Even though I need it like a hole in the head, I wish I had ordered the Blon when it was that fukubukuro intro price during the Aliexpress spring sale.

It looks really nice, and I actually like the EP10, so I’m sure I’d like the Blon based on the sound description.

The Blon is excellent. I am happy to have it.

Why are they banned?

Check the links in Slater's signature.

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #18,917 of 31,848
The Blon is excellent. I am happy to have it.

Check the links in Slater's signature.

Wow that was very useful... Had no idea about the relationship of these brands and stores.

Than you (and Slater)

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #18,918 of 31,848
I just compare today.

Ep10 are more bassy, less impact, more dark and clearly less details.

The BLON have less sub bass butv stay deep, clearly more punchy bass, more neutral mid with better treble

On metal music, ep10 is boring, slow and voices are muffled. They have lack of treble and too sub bass comparing to BLON

But I understand that you say, they have a render which is similar,

Yeah, its true that EP10 bass is slow, would never suggest it for metal. So BLON look even more intriguing as I find the treble a little clumsy with EP10, mine can put fowards strange micro details or hissing from bad recording wich its more well explained with the strange upper treble peaks in FR graph than sound description I could make...its really about mids and soundstage for me, anyway, EP10 i receive is defective so i dont use it anymore.

10214199_thumb.jpg

BLON sure look promising. WIll order them ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But fit look quite ackward. I mean....whats wrong with chifi iem designer when it come to nozzle...Tripowin TP10 have crazy long one and the BLON crazy small one. Perhaps they just trow a dice and if it fall on 1 its 1mm long and on 6 6mm. Who know.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #18,919 of 31,848
But fit look quite ackward. I mean....whats wrong with chifi iem designer when it come to nozzle...Tripowin TP10 have crazy long one and the BLON crazy small one. Perhaps they just trow a dice and if it fall on 1 its 1mm long and on 6 6mm. Who know.

I agree.

The only way the EP10 fits my ears if I use a keyboard o ring behind the ear tip. And even then I have to use SpinFits due to their long core. It’s the only IEM I own that doesn’t fit unless I use SpinFits (even though I don’t really like the sound with SpinFits) Otherwise, the nozzle is too short and it doesn’t fit at all.

I believe the nozzle is one of the secrets to the fit and popularity of the ZS10 Pro, ZSN, and ZSN Pro. The nozzle is perfect to fit the widest variety of ear anatomies. It’s the perfect length, the perfect width, and has a nice big lip to retain ear tips. And the shell is an excellent size also (ergonomic shape, not too big, not too small).

Of course it doesn’t hurt that the ZS10 Pro, ZSN, and ZSN Pro sound good.

I would love to see a earphone with the screw in nozzle filters. But in addition to the nozzle being sound filters, they have a few different lengths to fit different ear anatomies. So imagine something like the ED9 or BGVP DMG, but with some short stubby nozzle filters, and some long nozzle filters. This would not only allow the tuning of the sound profile to an individual’s preference, but the fit as well.

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #18,921 of 31,848
Following Slater's advice not to lurk so much.
Still using and love first my kz(zs5v1) but tempted by zs10pro.

I think you’d really like the ZS10 Pro should you decide to get it. The sound signature is reminiscent of the ZS5 v1, but the ZS10 Pro is more refined (and certainly more ergonomically comfortable). It’s also easier to drive than the ZS5 v1.

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #18,922 of 31,848
Following Slater's advice not to lurk so much.
Still using and love first my kz(zs5v1) but tempted by zs10pro.

I miss my ZS5v1... Gave it to a friend that hosted me at his beach house, ordered a new one and v2 happens.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #18,923 of 31,848
I got the Philips SHE7000. It sounds pretty good for less than $10. I recommend it.

I tried to drive it out of my phone. Sounds crappy. You need a strong source to drive these. No wonder reviews on these cheapies arn't usually good. People probably try to drive them out of phones and sounded thin and not dynamic.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #18,924 of 31,848
I agree.

The only way the EP10 fits my ears if I use a keyboard o ring behind the ear tip. And even then I have to use SpinFits due to their long core. It’s the only IEM I own that doesn’t fit unless I use SpinFits (even though I don’t really like the sound with SpinFits) Otherwise, the nozzle is too short and it doesn’t fit at all.

I believe the nozzle is one of the secrets to the fit and popularity of the ZS10 Pro, ZSN, and ZSN Pro. The nozzle is perfect to fit the widest variety of ear anatomies. It’s the perfect length, the perfect width, and has a nice big lip to retain ear tips. And the shell is an excellent size also (ergonomic shape, not too big, not too small).

Of course it doesn’t hurt that the ZS10 Pro, ZSN, and ZSN Pro sound good.

I would love to see a earphone with the screw in nozzle filters. But in addition to the nozzle being sound filters, they have a few different lengths to fit different ear anatomies. So imagine something like the ED9 or BGVP DMG, but with some short stubby nozzle filters, and some long nozzle filters. This would not only allow the tuning of the sound profile to an individual’s preference, but the fit as well.
Man, its genius idea! When would you begin to create your own earphones company bro?

I dont know if I understand right, but i see in my mind a nozzle with a screw at the side of nozzle, like, with another metal nozzle so you can make it longer or smaller and change sound signature to bright and dark, not somethign that you have to change it everytime....argh, i should do a drawing, but still, its a Genius idea and a never seen one. (and yeah, it will be stole by some audio company reading this thread hehe ohoh)

And again, its funny, was going to write: YEAH I LOVE THE KZ ZS10PRO, beat me up as i beat KZ so often!

And again, YEAH they sound more like a KZ ZS5v1 upgrade than a ZS10 upgrade. Thanks for comforting me in this tough i have today. Funny coincidence.

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #18,927 of 31,848
Okay. I still prefer the KZ ZS5V1....just comparing them with the PRO right now, pro is more punchy and detailed but less refined in treble, V1 is smoother and less rough at edge, vocal are less prompt to any form of sibilance even if PRO arent bad at all about this.

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #18,928 of 31,848
Looks like I'll be getting the zs10 pro soon. I'm usually good at fighting off temptation.

fighting off temptation needs some day off sometimes :ksc75smile:

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #18,929 of 31,848
Looks like my Philips SHE7000 has a major QC flaw, channel imbalance. I noticed this earlier, and was wondering if it was just lack of good fit. Nope. The left's response looks good on paper (which I assume is the real response), but the right is messed up as you can see with the bass roll-off and the treble peak. I need to get a good pair to make a solid assessment, so I'll look into getting a replacement.

Initially, it sounded pretty good, and then later a bit pronounced in the treble than I'm comfortable with. Not sure if the right driver just quickly degraded. Hmmmm.

Philips SHE7000.jpg

Here's comparison to Sony MH755 from my rig. SHE755 looks closer to a target response and looks more balanced.

SHE7000 vs Black MH755.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back