CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 22, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #18,886 of 31,833
I am looking for a new set of IEM. I come from years of cheap-ish Sennheiser CX 200 but the cables keep dying on me. Recently had the CX 300 but it was kinda disappointing. Rebought the CX 200 again after years without them and it seems 'different' / disappointing again but better than the 300(?). Could be the smaller ear molds now. ('Street ||'?)
I've also tried:
- Airpods (nope)
- Sennheiser HD-25 (not for me)
- Xiaomi Pistons (too underwhelming)

I basically want a new, better set with a replaceable cable and (of course) the best value for money. I will mostly listen to techno/tech house. My budget is $100 tops. I found quite some results in this thread and other threads as well with my set of requirements but I feel like some of them are quite outdated. Anyone can push me a bit in the right direction?

Currently I am looking at the tin hifi t3 or the BQEYZ BQ3 but it feels like quite the gamble.

Jul 22, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #18,887 of 31,833
Anyone experienced or heard from a pair of MEElectronics N9 before?
They've been my daily workhorse for the last 5yrs going as I use them mainly at my computer when working on my music files during long stretches of 12+ hours most days... it's been a long project & still a lot left to go =][=
Originally, I got them inexpensively for a trip at that time & remembered they used to go for $30-40 previously... not many left around, but MEE does have 2-3 left in bulk package for $6 if anyone would like to try one & compare them to others on the list here to see if they belong(?)

Jul 22, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #18,888 of 31,833
did you have NiceHCK ep10 to compare to?? I feel they might sound similar. Just a strange feeling touhg.

I have BLON coming, and also have EP10 with me, if you really want to know that, you can contact me when i receive mine.

Jul 22, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #18,889 of 31,833
Jul 22, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #18,890 of 31,833
I can't say **** is bad. The lows are good, mids and vocals great and highs are well detailed. But I personally sometimes don't like them. A lot of people here praise their soundstage, but for me it is a little odd. I must agree with you that their tonality is not very natural. For some genres, it doesn't matter so much, but sometimes it's pretty unpleasant for me. I tried a better cable, but I didn't notice any effect on the sound. Yes, $ 16 is a good price, but today the TRN V80 costs only $ 19 and for me it's still number one in this price range and with foam tips I've never heard any harash or sibilance unlike some others and their tonality and soundstage seems fine to me unlike ****.
Regarding Tiandirenhe TD1, the left piece is not green, it's bright blue, just because the driver chamber has a golden color, look at the pictures little bit strange :) In fact, they are 2 times more expensive than **** because you need to buy a good cable. I have Marshall Monitor BT at home and TD1 is very similar to their sound character. When I listen to them, I don't feel that they need to add some in bass, mids, or heights, they plays really very loud and without audible distortion. I don't consider myself a bassheader, but I'm still surprised at how well the bass and sub bass on TD1 can sound, well textured and controlled with minimal impact to mids. Their soundstage seems to me to be much wider than the ****. They are not good for audiophiles, but for those who want to enjoy the music they do a great job. Comparing them to **** wouldn't be fair, but I personally prefer TD1, and if I need more details, I'll take the V80. The fairer would be to compare TD1 with Tin T2, even if I know someone will not like it, I have to say that T2 sounds more neutral, but a little boring to me.

I had the V80 for a long time, and the cca c10 was a clear upgrade from it in every way, soundstage, bass, treble especially, the V80 completely lacked detail and were hot trash.
The **** was again a clear upgrade from the cca c10.
in my opinion of course. Im very happy with my AP80 and **** with rock zircon tips and 8 core yi*y** silver plated cable.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #18,891 of 31,833
Anyone find good long eartips? I really like the ones that come with westone, but i havent been able to find longer ones to fit CCA or KZ

Hi I don't use foam tips, but I found in general that the spinfits work well with the KZs that I own (the spinfits are longer and insert deeper than other silicone tips), YMMV.

Jul 23, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #18,892 of 31,833
I had the V80 for a long time, and the cca c10 was a clear upgrade from it in every way, soundstage, bass, treble especially, the V80 completely lacked detail and were hot trash.
The **** was again a clear upgrade from the cca c10.
in my opinion of course. Im very happy with my AP80 and **** with rock zircon tips and 8 core yi*y** silver plated cable.
Of course, we hear differently, we listen to something different, and each batch of the same model can change according to what the manufacturers are currently in stock or receiving from their supplier. And that's exactly how I feel when I read **** reviews, my **** matches more https://crinacle.com/2019/03/12/****-****-unboxing/, where the FR graph significantly differs from older positve reviews on the audiobudget , or thepohonograpph sites. I don't need the ****, I just wondered how it sounds, I was disappointed that they were not as airy and semi-opened as it seemed from the pictures.
On the other hand, I'm glad that with the V80 I was probably more lucky than you :)

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #18,894 of 31,833
I am looking for a new set of IEM. I come from years of cheap-ish Sennheiser CX 200 but the cables keep dying on me. Recently had the CX 300 but it was kinda disappointing. Rebought the CX 200 again after years without them and it seems 'different' / disappointing again but better than the 300(?). Could be the smaller ear molds now. ('Street ||'?)
I've also tried:
- Airpods (nope)
- Sennheiser HD-25 (not for me)
- Xiaomi Pistons (too underwhelming)

I basically want a new, better set with a replaceable cable and (of course) the best value for money. I will mostly listen to techno/tech house. My budget is $100 tops. I found quite some results in this thread and other threads as well with my set of requirements but I feel like some of them are quite outdated. Anyone can push me a bit in the right direction?

Currently I am looking at the tin hifi t3 or the BQEYZ BQ3 but it feels like quite the gamble.

BQ3 is a good choice for genres you listen and since you like CX200/300. KB100 is also a good option along with Ostry KC06/A. Also, you'd enjoy KZ Zsn and Tennmak Pro if you're looking absolutely bang for buck IEM with detachable cables

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #18,897 of 31,833
Or default cable. Terrible. Cavernous vocals and off timbre (that people often complain about but it's really just a cable fault). Must be some impedance play by the remote or something.

Just change the cable to whatever you find lying around and it must be better.
I use them with whirlwinds (wide bore) and a SPC cable only indoors due to semiopen design and they deliver.

I consider myself semi-basshead and these don't lack bass even with wide bores if fitted properly. Surely not basshead levels but good enough.

I used stock tips and cable for the very first 2 minutes and changed to Spiral Dots and decent cable quickly. You threw some light on me! I was wondering why some people was complaining about things I hear so different... Maybe you hit the point here...

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #18,898 of 31,833
I used stock tips and cable for the very first 2 minutes and changed to Spiral Dots and decent cable quickly. You threw some light on me! I was wondering why some people was complaining about things I hear so different... Maybe you hit the point here...
Trust me, I always try a lot of different tips, foam and silicone, I've also tried the micropore tape tricks on ****. I have a newer version of **** with black braided cable, tried use it with cable from Tin T2, but even the new silver-plated 16 core cable from TRN, which is otherwise amazing, has not changed anything for the better. Again, my **** are not bad earphones, but the WOW effect did not show up for me. I gave my son a choice between **** and TRN IM2 for him, after a while he returned my **** and when I asked why, he said the heights were strange. I think he meant the upper mids, where I think BA sometimes does not sound good.
Personally, I would probably be afraid to recommend **** to someone, especially if he listens to hard rock and metal, if they sound like mine, he will be quite disappointed.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #18,899 of 31,833
Trust me, I always try a lot of different tips, foam and silicone, I've also tried the micropore tape tricks on ****. I have a newer version of **** with black braided cable, tried use it with cable from Tin T2, but even the new silver-plated 16 core cable from TRN, which is otherwise amazing, has not changed anything for the better. Again, my **** are not bad earphones, but the WOW effect did not show up for me. I gave my son a choice between **** and TRN IM2 for him, after a while he returned my **** and when I asked why, he said the heights were strange. I think he meant the upper mids, where I think BA sometimes does not sound good.

I trust you. There's a lot of things that can result in different perceptions. The manufacturer changes something, factory production flaws, source...

Talking about the source, I use always amplified sources (including Xiaomi RedMI Note 5) and it makes a real difference in the case of ****. Anyway, someone used to expensive IEMs will find sound issues that people used to cheap equipment won't perceive or identify.

Don't like to talk about wow effect because it depends on many things too (including sound signature and musical preferences), but for my ears **** are amazing when you think what is inside and how well it sounds for 16€ I paid.

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #18,900 of 31,833
I mainly use the Shanling M0 that suits me on other IEM's. I never wonder how much is inside (now I'm lying :)), but how it sounds together. I don't think **** is something special, not even the price when I add the price of a better cable, but it's just my opinion, everyone has their own favorites and that's good. I'm looking forward to the new TRN V90!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back