CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 19, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #18,856 of 31,833
yeah, i find them splashy too and with a ''primitive'' timber im use too with chifi cheapish ba's. These ZS10 PRO will not make me enamoured about KZ, would need a real miracle for that, wich BQEYZ already touch with the tips of their tuning fingers.

And for KB100, this is what i wanna read: FOWARDS MIDS!!!! And did the vocal are still smooth on top???

1 of the best forward mids along with TinHifi T2 / T3 in budget class. The vocal are very smooth from male voices to upper highs. If you like forward mids like I do, you'll like them for sure. And with good tonality of course!

Jul 19, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #18,857 of 31,833
Okay.
Will order them ASAP.
If it sound like a T2 with less grainy but still foward and full sounding vocal I would be in heaven!
Thanks for making me now obsess about KB100.
Hope the new BQEYZ Spring1 will have W mid centric sound!

Jul 19, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #18,858 of 31,833
Okay.
Will order them ASAP.
If it sound like a T2 with less grainy but still foward and full sounding vocal I would be in heaven!

Haven't heard T2 but from our little chat a couple of months back, I am sure you won't be disappointed. Imaging is good and vocals are to die for at that price. Spring 1 has got me pumped considering they find **** trash. I absolutely love **** and thought budget piezo can't get farther than that.

Also make sure you use them with a good cable. Stock cable is great but sadly I couldn't have a great fit them

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #18,859 of 31,833
1 of the best forward mids along with TinHifi T2 / T3 in budget class. The vocal are very smooth from male voices to upper highs. If you like forward mids like I do, you'll like them for sure. And with good tonality of course!

How is the bass on the KB100?

Jul 19, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #18,860 of 31,833
Okay.
Will order them ASAP.

all your requests are there, forward mids with full sounding vocal nowhere near thin. My only cons about KB100 that bugging me is mid bass bigger than sub bass aka sub bass rolled off and a bit mid bass bleed (like typical budget chifi)

How is the bass on the KB100?

Bass section unfortunately are KB100 weak point for me, more mid bass rather than sub bass, and sub bass extension can be better, a bit mid bass bleed like other budget chifi, a bit better control but they can be better

Jul 19, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #18,861 of 31,833
all your requests are there, forward mids with full sounding vocal nowhere near thin. My only cons about KB100 that bugging me is mid bass bigger than sub bass aka sub bass rolled off and a bit mid bass bleed (like typical budget chifi)

Bass section unfortunately are KB100 weak point for me, more mid bass rather than sub bass, and sub bass extension can be better, a bit mid bass bleed like other budget chifi, a bit better control but they can be better

How much of that is dependent on an individuals ears and ear tip choice (and source)? I don't hear it like that. Perfectly satisfied with the bass.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #18,862 of 31,833
How much of that is dependent on an individuals ears and ear tip choice (and source)? I don't hear it like that. Perfectly satisfied with the bass.

Me too. Bass to me on KB100 is very good. Mids are good. Highs are not perhaps it's forte. Very well made. Nitin Sawhney's 'Anthem without Nation' will show rumble and bass levels of an IEM.

Jul 19, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #18,863 of 31,833
Me too. Bass to me on KB100 is very good. Mids are good. Highs are not perhaps it's forte. Very well made. Nitin Sawhney's 'Anthem without Nation' will show rumble and bass levels of an IEM.

...as far as highs are concerned, I don't care that much about highs and I don't hear above 13 or 14k anyway. It all sounds good to me.

Like you, I do love a well produced album:)

Jul 19, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #18,864 of 31,833

Yes its more preferences maybe thats why I wrote "for me", because I prefer sub bass bigger than mid bass, and just nice mid bass so they wont bleed. In case of KB100, if they switch amount between sub bass and mid bass, they will be very good to my preferences. Or easier to imagine, Put ZS10 PRO bass section into KB100 but leave everything goodness in KB100. That's it!

Jul 19, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #18,865 of 31,833
Yes its more preferences maybe thats why I wrote "for me", because I prefer sub bass bigger than mid bass, and just nice mid bass so they wont bleed. In case of KB100, if they switch amount between sub bass and mid bass, they will be very good to my preferences. Or easier to imagine, Put ZS10 PRO bass section into KB100 but leave everything goodness in KB100. That's it!

But that is not what I was saying. I hear a very good amount of sub bass and I do not have the mid bass bleeding into the mids. So it is not preference but rather what I actually hear with my ears. Who would want mid bass bleed? Who would not want sub bass if the song actually has it.

Jul 19, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #18,866 of 31,833
I just can't imagine somebody judging overly severly the ****, like if he spent 2K on it, craving for little out of phase far away back stage instrument, slight treble shout when extreme highs sound play loud, or hint of dryness there and there.
Man, i can find that on 50-100-150-200-300-500-1000 and screwing 2K iem too!

Its like somebody going to 20$ okay restaurant, like an italian one, and wonder why he dont have a 5 plates service.

**** is still the best budget earphones buy anybody can make for WOW effect, for spectacular audio experience that have a cinematic soundstage that no other iem I try never achieve whatever price range.

WORD.

Jul 19, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #18,867 of 31,833
I just can't imagine somebody judging overly severly the ****, like if he spent 2K on it, craving for little out of phase far away back stage instrument, slight treble shout when extreme highs sound play loud, or hint of dryness there and there.

Its like somebody going to 20$ okay restaurant, like an italian one, and wonder why he dont have a 5 plates service.

**** is still the best budget earphones buy anybody can make for WOW effect, for spectacular audio experience that have a cinematic soundstage that no other iem I try never achieve whatever price range.

WORD.

Exactly!
What they did for under $20 is deserving a great praise!

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #18,869 of 31,833

WORD.
I got the same effect out of the BCD-HIFI or Hifi-BCD (sorry, I forgot the name). Although the bass has a slight distortion in the most crowded pieces, the tonality feels a bit more realistic than on the ****. I know however, that I got very lucky, as there seem to be many BCD-Hifi duds.

By the way: do more of you have the Tiandirenhe 'red and green' for about 20 dollar? I wonder how you guys think it compares to the excellent ****.

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #18,870 of 31,833
**** is an audio miracle. Just dont use them with default eartips.

Or default cable. Terrible. Cavernous vocals and off timbre (that people often complain about but it's really just a cable fault). Must be some impedance play by the remote or something.

Just change the cable to whatever you find lying around and it must be better.
I use them with whirlwinds (wide bore) and a SPC cable only indoors due to semiopen design and they deliver.

I consider myself semi-basshead and these don't lack bass even with wide bores if fitted properly. Surely not basshead levels but good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back