CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 27, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #15,691 of 31,833
Yeah, thanks Slater, it was certain I would include it! In fact, checking back the list after a year...its really the sub 10$ section that suffer from lack of great value...even SW IE800 is slightly above this cheap ass price range...its KZ everywhere in this bracket! (and i just make a lot of erasing...) Sub 20$ too aren't that diversify...I put EP10...wishing they stay above 20$ hehe as said, ''perfection'' is more above 50$ etc...so TRN products are not more intersting than before, enough (or not?) of KZ!

Man, i'm sure you have some great suggestions I forget to add!

For the under $10 category, definitely the Sony MH755.

$10-$20 category, the UiiSii CM5, KZ ZSN, NiceHCK EP10.

Jan 28, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #15,692 of 31,833
For the under $10 category, definitely the Sony MH755.

$10-$20 category, the UiiSii CM5, KZ ZSN, NiceHCK EP10.

Couldnt agree more. Definite winner at sub$10 is (legit) Sony MH755
$10-20 will be KZ ZSN for me
$20-50 : CCA C10, KZ ZS7, BQEYZ KB100, BQEYZ BQ3, BQEYZ KC2, Tin Audio T2

banned brand?

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #15,694 of 31,833
How long does a brand remain banned anyway? Is it really a permanent banning, or will the ban be lifted after a year or two? I think in the end, the members themselves lose out as the brands themselves are still indirectly discussed, or only in private messages and groups, and information thus becomes much harder to get. Bad business practices deserve punishment, but when does it change from punishing the brand to punishing the members for trying to look for good audio products?

I sound super naive, and similar to a brand apologist right now, even to myself =.= I don't even have anything from the banned brands right now, except for a 6 core cable. XD

Jan 28, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #15,696 of 31,833
How long does a brand remain banned anyway? Is it really a permanent banning, or will the ban be lifted after a year or two?

It has already been longer than that. Be aware that users have been banned for talking about it even in round about ways. We are not supposed to even allude to it.

Jan 28, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #15,697 of 31,833
Yea. I just recently took a week vacation from this thread for just saying "Banned Store" IEM was "dropped in price". Was talking about a moondrop iem, which is not banned, but got smoked anyway. Its possible that "Banned Store" is viewed as much worse then "Banned IEM" here, but probably should just refer to IEM by there model names. People can google 6 in 1 if they want to find out about a good sounding Allrounder IEM.

Anyway UiiSii CM5 is legend status IEM to me. Cost $11 here on Amazon and is a lightweight, super comfortable, somewhat balanced IEM. Only complaints is its somewhat of a girlie looking IEM. Sparkles and whatnot.
TRN V20 IMO should still be on the list and is a legend status 1+1 Hybrid. V shaped, with mid bass forward and smooth presentation. Great build quality!
ZSN. Great build quality, Good Comfort. Looks great. Mids forward IEM that is a good Allrounder.
C10 is Probably the best allrounder I have heard under $100. The fact that its $25-$30 makes it a no brainer, must own IEM.
6 in 1 is a slightly warmer version of C10 with better 3D stage. Main problem is that its $45-$50. I bought mine on sale for $30. At $30 yes. $50 no. Great Allrounder though.
KZ EDR1 under $5 is a must own.

That's all I got for now.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #15,700 of 31,833
With regard to banned items, point taken. I am as guilty as anyone! I shall not refer to them again. It's a pity though because there have been some excellent examples recently which we can't mention or review.

Jan 28, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #15,701 of 31,833
probably should just refer to IEM by there model names

I don't think we are even supposed to do that....and stop using the "B" word.

I hate this situation.

Jan 28, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #15,702 of 31,833
Gerring back on topic. As the thread name is sub $100 Chinese Earphones... Do earbuds also count?

I follow the earbud thread, but I don't think I've a clear list where the top for ceetain prices are mentioned, and a newcomer will either have to ask, or go back like 50-60 threads from latest to see what the current faves are (kube or SL1+ if anyone's curious).

I just got my hands on some nice buds at around the same price range as the KZ ZSN, and they are pretty darn good in my limited experience.

Jan 28, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #15,703 of 31,833
Gerring back on topic. As the thread name is sub $100 Chinese Earphones... Do earbuds also count?

I follow the earbud thread, but I don't think I've a clear list where the top for ceetain prices are mentioned, and a newcomer will either have to ask, or go back like 50-60 threads from latest to see what the current faves are (kube or SL1+ if anyone's curious).

I just got my hands on some nice buds at around the same price range as the KZ ZSN, and they are pretty darn good in my limited experience.

There are many great earbuds in that price range...and below. Still waiting for my Kubes.

Jan 28, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #15,704 of 31,833
There are many great earbuds in that price range...and below. Still waiting for my Kubes.
Haha, exactly! I think most buds are below the $50 line and there are a lot of options that can be put in this list. It would be nice to also have a list of top chinese earbuds under $100 as part of this list as well :)

Jan 28, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #15,705 of 31,833
Hello everyone :) Since summer 2017 using my xduoo x3 and looking for a headphones. In November 2017 i bought trn v20 as first headphones with armature driver. I really like it coz now I don't need to increase treble as I did with dynamic headphones. But the bass... I had to increase it about +10db to be able to listen my favourite music. I am not a basshead, I like the good amount of bass but not too much :)

I read some reviews about iem's and chose cca c10 as my next iem to try.

Usually I listen to electronic music like Trap, EDM, drum'n'bass and metal like evanescence, the pretty reckless, godsmack etc... 90% I listen to the music on the go:)

My be someone would recommend me to pay attention on any other headphones?
My budget is 30-35$ :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back