CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 24, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #14,493 of 31,833
Just got my EzAudio D4. I gotta say, these are soooooo great, especially for the 8 bucks that I got them for on 11/11. They are extremely tip dependent. In fact, the only tips that work for me with them are the KZ starlines. All other tips made them sound like cheap $2 earbuds (I tried over 25 different pairs of tips with them). I've never met an IEM that is so finicky with tips.

With the starlines, however, these are on the level of the Tinaudio T2 (which is my favorite chifi IEM under $50). I won't get into a review here but if you like the Tin T2, you'll love these. If you have them and think they suck, keep trying different tips. I was almost ready to dismiss them as junk until I put the starlines on them. It's amazing how their sound changes so dramatically with the right tips. These are a true budget star.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #14,494 of 31,833
No they are still full price ($50) right now since they are so new. Penon gave them to me for free in exchange for a fair review.

I have had the BQEYZ KB100 on my wish list for a few weeks. I keep waiting for a deal. I wonder if other sellers will offer them soon. I have my eye on the blue one.

Just got my EzAudio D4. I gotta say, these are soooooo great, especially for the 8 bucks that I got them for on 11/11. They are extremely tip dependent. In fact, the only tips that work for me with them are the KZ starlines. All other tips made them sound like cheap $2 earbuds (I tried over 25 different pairs of tips with them). I've never met an IEM that is so finicky with tips.

With the starlines, however, these are on the level of the Tinaudio T2 (which isis favorite chifi IEM under $50). I won't get into a review here but if you like the Tin T2, you'll love these. If you have them and think they suck, keep trying different tips. I was almost ready to dismiss them as junk until I put the starlines on them. It's amazing how their sound changes so dramatically with the right tips. These are a true budget star.

I had the same experience and also ended up sticking with KZ Starlines. I only wish there had been a no mic version. Certain mics cause connection issues with a couple of my best daps. I do not need a mic so it is annoying when that happens.

Nov 24, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #14,495 of 31,833
I need to get some Starline tips. Is there anyone that sells them only in smalls though? It's probably silly with how cheap three sets are from Ali, but it seems a waste to get those bigger ones I'll never use. :)

Nov 24, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #14,496 of 31,833
Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #14,497 of 31,833
Was just looking at the Uiisii BA-T9 with Knowles BA. Was surprised that it was $200. That's quite a huge jump from their last flagship which was the BA-T8s which is $32. Same design, but now just better guts. Got me interested in the BA T8s, but nothing here on that iem, and only a review from phonograph(hmm..) Their graph actually looks really nice. Anyone here have any experience with these?

Nov 24, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #14,498 of 31,833
the Blessing followed the Harman target curve too (Moondrop really likes that). Pity it also comes with the 8k spike for some reason (old target curve, I think?). Whichever curve they follow, Moondrop does it really well regardless.

Also, Flares Gold, BA Unicorn, now this Moondrop Aria, seems you're quite attached to that form factor, lol.

Same price as BA Unicorn too, but this being Moondrop, they also sell on Aliexpress, it should get more attention soon.
lol I won't deny that they just fit really well compared to stuff like NS-5, but it's kind of coincidence really. I've got other IEMs with me with with different form factors, but they don't get mentioned since it would be negative, so I might as well not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 24, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #14,499 of 31,833
Well I said I wouldn't buy anything for 11.11 but then this happened
Ke0qvQe
t4LgBxi
Mine is less impressive. My only impulsive buy are the D4 and that $10 bag. The EBX was through pre-order.
DSC09403.JPG

Nov 24, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #14,500 of 31,833
I also ended up getting the BQEYZ KB100 sent to me for review by Penon and its everything I hoped it would be. I'll do a more in depth review after thorough testing but I may have finally found the IEM to take the crown from the T2 :gs1000smile:
Okay, that will be my next buy. :o2smile:

Nov 25, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #14,501 of 31,833

With the starlines, however, these are on the level of the Tinaudio T2 (which is my favorite chifi IEM under $50). I won't get into a review here but if you like the Tin T2, you'll love these. If you have them and think they suck, keep trying different tips. I was almost ready to dismiss them as junk until I put the starlines on them. It's amazing how their sound changes so dramatically with the right tips. These are a true budget star.

I also got my D4; yesterday and was having trouble finding the right tips. Starlines worked but I had to push them as far down on the nozzle as possible. with the good seal the bass came out to play... Maybe a bit too much but overall sound quality improved times 10... Very impressive especially for thte 8; Dollar price

Nov 25, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #14,502 of 31,833
I hope that they don't simply re-releasing re-tuned items without changing their name / listing as different product.

Yeah, and what about those people who have already received their copy? Are we left with a supposedly "worse" sounding product? This is messy.
I mean, I've been listening to my pair non-stop since receiving them on Friday. I can't find anything wrong with them, the tuning is just right. The "Bass Shaker" test shows some serious sub-bass, I don't think it's lacking at all.

Edit: taken from that same comment:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 25, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #14,503 of 31,833
That's just... What? They're re-tuning the IEM just because ONE guy didn't like it?
Not one guy; the majority of consumers

Nov 25, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #14,505 of 31,833
So we are assuming that everybody loves the TRN / KZ murderous treble and shouty mids? Okay, fine.
You went from assuming majority = one person to majority = everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back