CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 21, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #13,756 of 31,833
Pretty sure this is the same Apt-X Bluetooth cable as the one I have with different branding, under $20 for 11/11 preorder on Nicehck.
Pros:
-Good cable quality
-Memory wire is comfortable
-Apt-X works
-Strong signal even at distance of over 15 ft from phone
-Easy-to-use controls
-Pairing works without issue (read the manual for instructions)
-Powerful amp, easily drives Mee Audio Pinnacle P1 (96±3 dB sensitivity, 50 Ohms impedance)
-Battery life estimate is probably conservative, I got at least 6 hours on a charge
Cons
-Some hiss when using sensitive in-ear monitors
-Magnet could be stronger

Oct 21, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #13,757 of 31,833
As for IEM's, i can't stand sibilant. It is present in ED16, but manageable (little EQ and foam tips or those from Rock Zircon). Tempted to buy one of these if better: TRN V80, BQEYZ KC2 or TIN Audio T2 (again max 30$, prices on 11.11).

I'm not a fan of sibilance either, and whilst I can't speak for the KC2 (although I have one on the way) between the V80 and T2 the T2 would be the least sibilant out of the two. I don't know what kind of music you listen to though, but the T2s have a fairly balanced sound if that's what you like.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #13,758 of 31,833
I take it you're not on social media(Facebook, Instagram, twitter and such) as well? Although that could be done on tablet/computer.
How about WhatsApp/other messaging app? You're not on those too?
What about when taking public transport eg: train, how do you keep yourself occupied? Do you.. actually.. talk to people?(shocked emoji)

I have been using the internet for over 20 years.. since back when it did not even include graphics unless you downloaded them:) Local BBS dial up stuff before that... surely you remember 300baud modems... lol.

Of course I am on social media...on Facebook since 2009. How else would I see photos from my friends and family back in the States? Not crazy about Messenger... prefer Skype chat...been using that since 2005 I think. ICQ was great back in the day. Also a number of message boards over the years and various places to hang out.

BTW, Facebook has a couple of earbud groups that I am in.

Talking to people? My voice still works... :) I do have a landline. I had a Skype phone until Microsoft decided to screw it up with Windows 10 (my beloved Windows 7 machine died several months ago). Dedicated Skype phones are no longer supported. I will not be renewing my Skype-In number.

Are you saying you only use a phone for all of that? No PC, laptop, iPad, Android tablet? I use all of those... plus my daps and even ebook readers. So plenty of tech here. I am not missing anything other than the constant demands of texts and phone calls. I touch type and prefer to use my PC keyboard to message, answer posts etc. Email use has dropped a bit...hard to keep ahead of the spam. To be honest I could never text using a phone keypad. It is difficult enough on a tablet. A screen keyboard is not good for a touch typist. I am not even looking at my keyboard as I type this

Last time I took public transport alone I used a DAP with portable headphones for music. If I take public transport with my husband we talk. We don't sit side by side with earphones in :)

I fear we are derailing the thread.

This reminds me of years ago when some people thought the only way to get the internet was to use AOL. Now it seems there may be people that think the only way to do it is via cell phone.

BTW I do have a simple small sturdy cell phone with buttons that I can put minutes on and use for a true emergency. I have not bothered with it for awhile now. Back in the States I kept one in the car but here we have no car so I do not expect to end up standed alone somewhere.

Oct 21, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #13,759 of 31,833
I have been using the internet for over 20 years.. since back when it did not even include graphics unless you downloaded them:) Local BBS dial up stuff before that... surely you remember 300baud modems... lol.

Of course I am on social media...on Facebook since 2009. How else would I see photos from my friends and family back in the States? Not crazy about Messenger... prefer Skype chat...been using that since 2005 I think. ICQ was great back in the day. Also a number of message boards over the years and various places to hang out.

BTW, Facebook has a couple of earbud groups that I am in.

Talking to people? My voice still works... :) I do have a landline. I had a Skype phone until Microsoft decided to screw it up with Windows 10 (my beloved Windows 7 machine died several months ago). Dedicated Skype phones are no longer supported. I will not be renewing my Skype-In number.

Are you saying you only use a phone for all of that? No PC, laptop, iPad, Android tablet? I use all of those... plus my daps and even ebook readers. So plenty of tech here. I am not missing anything other than the constant demands of texts and phone calls. I touch type and prefer to use my PC keyboard to message, answer posts etc. Email use has dropped a bit...hard to keep ahead of the spam. To be honest I could never text using a phone keypad. It is difficult enough on a tablet. A screen keyboard is not good for a touch typist. I am not even looking at my keyboard as I type this

Last time I took public transport alone I used a DAP with portable headphones for music. If I take public transport with my husband we talk. We don't sit side by side with earphones in :)

I fear we are derailing the thread.

This reminds me of years ago when some people thought the only way to get the internet was to use AOL. Now it seems there may be people that think the only way to do it is via cell phone.

BTW I do have a simple small sturdy cell phone with buttons that I can put minutes on and use for a true emergency. I have not bothered with it for awhile now. Back in the States I kept one in the car but here we have no car so I do not expect to end up standed alone somewhere.
Typing on physical and on-screen keyboard is a night and day experience.

Derailed indeed. Hope mods don't mind hah!

Oct 21, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #13,760 of 31,833
T2 would be the least sibilant out of the two. I don't know what kind of music you listen to though, but the T2s have a fairly balanced sound if that's what you like.

I'll completely agree with that. I can't listen to a song/setup once I'm hearing sibilance and the T2s are IMO not offenders at all.

-Steve

Oct 22, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #13,764 of 31,833
been listening to kz zs4 for awhile now there boosted treble disappoint me and bass doesn't have that punch too
i have been off head-fi for months now are there any new stars under 50$ i will be buying a pair in 11.11 sale probably

Oct 22, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #13,767 of 31,833
Currently the T2 is on pre sale @27 Usd on aliexpress
ya i saw that today browsing aliexpress
t2 is an excellent iem but it doesn't meet my bass requirements
basically i need an iem with good sub bass with punchy mid bass forward mids with minimal congestion and laid back treble
i was considering to buy rose north forest again but that aggressive high mids hold me back

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #13,768 of 31,833
You could try different tips for zs4. For my ED16 I use foam or those from Rock Zircon.
the treble is too boosted to be subdued by tips
i used sony hybrids narrow bore tips they didn't help a bit

Oct 22, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #13,769 of 31,833
the treble is too boosted to be subdued by tips
i used sony hybrids narrow bore tips they didn't help a bit

The ZST foam mod to the BA is a much more effective solution than trying to correct the issue with tips. And it’s free.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #13,770 of 31,833
ya i saw that today browsing aliexpress
t2 is an excellent iem but it doesn't meet my bass requirements
basically i need an iem with good sub bass with punchy mid bass forward mids with minimal congestion and laid back treble
i was considering to buy rose north forest again but that aggressive high mids hold me back

Another great choice imo would be the zs6 at least for the bass. But the treble is very, very aggressive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back