CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 20, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #13,741 of 31,845
Please don’t do the bass vent mod. It totally ruins the sound of the T2. Sure, it gives more bass quantity, but the quality is ruined - it becomes a bloated, bleedy mess. It also cause driver flex.

I listen to many of the same genres. There are better choices for those genres than the T2 (if you are going to do the bass vent mod).
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. I haven't actually bought them yet but was considering it because they are cheaper right now.

Anyways, do you have any suggestions? I recently received the KZ ZS3 and Tennmak Pros. I remember talking about them with you, a few weeks ago. ZS3 is muddy but I really like the Pros.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #13,743 of 31,845
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. I haven't actually bought them yet but was considering it because they are cheaper right now.

Anyways, do you have any suggestions? I recently received the KZ ZS3 and Tennmak Pros. I remember talking about them with you, a few weeks ago. ZS3 is muddy but I really like the Pros.

Lots of choices, with pros and cons.

Keep in mind that I don’t have any new KZ like the BA10, AS10, ED16, ZS10, etc.

Of the <$50 IEMs I own, these are all my favorites for techno/chill out (in no particular order):

HiFi Walker A7
KZ ZSR
BQEYZ K2
BQEYZ KB1
Timmkoo C631
KZ ED9
Magaosi BK50
UiiSii CM5

There’s another I like, but I can’t mention it.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #13,744 of 31,845
All I know is I love the BQYEZ BQ3, only topped by the Oriolus Finschi at this moment in time

Oct 20, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #13,745 of 31,845
All I know is I love the BQYEZ BQ3, only topped by the Oriolus Finschi at this moment in time

but that Finschi is extremely expensive!

I think I am the only one without a BQYEZ... might have to read more about that KB100

Oct 20, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #13,747 of 31,845
I thought "what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine" rule applied in your household :ksc75smile:

No not at all.. we have separate lists:) Sometimes we make trades. We actually rarely listen to each others IEMs because that means having to find the right tips... we don't use the same size and often not the same type. He like double flange on some.. I can't use those at all. So it really is too much trouble to listen to each others iems. We do each have a few that are the same... like we both have an Artiste DC1, a KZ ZS6 and a couple of others... ones that are so good that we each wanted our own...and were cheap enough to do it.

I have not even heard all of his full sized headphones nor he mine. I did listen to his Audeze LCD-X once for a couple of albums. The next day I could hardly move my neck so as great as they sounded... never again for me. I have never heard the Sennheiser HD650 because when I tried the clamp was so extreme that I could not even put it on.

We each have our own PCs and desktop setups for music. Plus our own daps etc. He has a smartphone, I do not! I am weird. I do not want one. If I want to use apps I have tablets.... bigger screen.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #13,749 of 31,845
but that Finschi is extremely expensive!

I think I am the only one without a BQYEZ... might have to read more about that KB100

I have none of the above.

Oct 20, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #13,750 of 31,845
No not at all.. we have separate lists:) Sometimes we make trades. We actually rarely listen to each others IEMs because that means having to find the right tips... we don't use the same size and often not the same type. He like double flange on some.. I can't use those at all. Too much of a struggle. We do have a few of the same... like we each have an Artiste DC1, a KZ ZS6 and a couple of others... ones that are so good and cheap enough that we can each have our own.

I have not even heard all of his full sized headphones nor he mine. I did listen to his Audeze LCD-X once for a couple of albums. The next day I could hardly move my neck so as great as they sounded... never again for me. I have never heard the Sennheiser HD650 because when I tried the clamp was so extreme that I could not even put it on.

We each have our own PCs and desktop setups for music. Plus our own daps etc. He has a smartphone, I do not! I am weird. I do not want one. If I want to use apps I have tablets.... bigger screen.

I'd be hard-pressed to not test any new toys coming in even for a few minutes, knowing they're easily reachable, lol.

Oct 21, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #13,751 of 31,845
No not at all.. we have separate lists:) Sometimes we make trades. We actually rarely listen to each others IEMs because that means having to find the right tips... we don't use the same size and often not the same type. He like double flange on some.. I can't use those at all. So it really is too much trouble to listen to each others iems. We do each have a few that are the same... like we both have an Artiste DC1, a KZ ZS6 and a couple of others... ones that are so good that we each wanted our own...and were cheap enough to do it.

I'm new and more often than not only read rather than reply in here but the fact that you do not have a smartphone is intriguing .

Oct 21, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #13,753 of 31,845
I'm new and more often than not only read rather than reply in here but the fact that you do not have a smartphone is intriguing .

Maybe I am the only one on headfi... or in the world? LOL Maybe I am just antisocial?

I have my music on daps or on my computer. I listen to full albums. I do not stream. If I had a cell phone then someone might call and interrupt the music so I would set it to not receive calls...which would negate its main purpose.

..and then there is this... which I see when I look out my front window sometimes...

47fd1203ab12671c8612f52a7fd01fc8.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #13,754 of 31,845
Need some help choosing, ladies/ gentlemen! I use IEM for indoors (KZ ED16) and earbuds (Vido and sometimes Sony HPM 64 (got those years ago with a Sony-Ericsson) for open world adventures, mostly boring stuff needed to survive, hence earbuds :ksc75smile: I would like to step a little up sound wise while still on the budget.

Was looking at Qian 39, RY4S, VE Monk (plus or lite) Faaeal Datura X, HE150 PRO (up to 30$). Listen mostly on Spotify (pop/rock) on Xiaomi MI A1 - phone amp has a problem with low impedance earphones, i get a hiss sound (common to this model, is not only my phone), so need it to be minimum 32 Ohm. I want to buy only one and live happily ever after, but i better have an explanation for Vido !

As for IEM's, i can't stand sibilant. It is present in ED16, but manageable (little EQ and foam tips or those from Rock Zircon). Tempted to buy one of these if better: TRN V80, BQEYZ KC2 or TIN Audio T2 (again max 30$, prices on 11.11).

The last choice would be, if there's not much of an upgrade sound wise, to stay with what i have or buy Superlux HD681 evo :dt880smile: (BTW it is 11$ cheaper here than on Aliexpress)
Thank you for any input, wish you great discounts, storage space and a family that can't wait for your next purchase!

Oct 21, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #13,755 of 31,845
Maybe I am the only one on headfi... or in the world? LOL Maybe I am just antisocial?

I have my music on daps or on my computer. I listen to full albums. I do not stream. If I had a cell phone then someone might call and interrupt the music so I would set it to not receive calls...which would negate its main purpose.

..and then there is this... which I see when I look out my front window sometimes...

47fd1203ab12671c8612f52a7fd01fc8.jpg
I take it you're not on social media(Facebook, Instagram, twitter and such) as well? Although that could be done on tablet/computer.

How about WhatsApp/messaging apps? You're not on those too?

What about when taking public transport eg: train, how do you keep yourself occupied? Do you.. actually.. talk to people?(shocked emoji)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back