CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 19, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #13,726 of 31,845
Just talked to a seller in aliexpress and he said the bgvp should have 15% discount during 11.11.

Any new chifi iem which is pretty good around the 80-130 price range?

Was going to get the it01 but that was almost a year old and just sightly curious are there any worth considering?

"Bad guy good audio reviews" from youtube says DM6 are the best offering from china up to 400-500 price range. it is better than the DMG and TenHZ p4 pro.

Oct 19, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #13,727 of 31,845
the zsr is the better sounding phone, but i still think the memt is an optimal "gym phone"--bassy, good isolating and very comfortable--the zsr is bulkier and i find it needs to be re-fitted often, a problem i don't have with the trn v80.
I have to agree with this. The ZSRs bulk can be cumbersome at the gym. That’s why I like the EDR1 at the gym.

For me, silicone earhooks go on almost every IEM.

Whether it is KZ's heavy IEMs (ED8, ED9, ED3 "Perfection"), the BossHiFi B3, MEMT X5 or even KZ's lighter ATR or ZST, Ron Popeil's (RonCo) cheesy mantra of "set it and forget it" comes into play. Once I install the earhooks and pop the IEMs in my ears all annoyances disappear. To me silicone earhooks are the best kept secret when it comes to comfort and stability of wearing IEMs.

71eihc1sEBL (0).jpg

71rxUId73+L.jpg

71yNfUDQ8SL-1 (0).jpg

** EDIT ***
For me the ZSR is only bulky due to the bulbous faceplate. The 6mm telephone pole of a nozzle fits snuggly in my large ear canals but I know this is an issue for those with smaller ear canals.

*** END EDIT ***

Once again, not all silicone earhooks are equal. Many of them are worthless because they fail to keep the cable in the channel. The only brand that works for me are the Cosmos available on Amazon.
I started using them with my ATR and now they go on every set of IEMs I own.

The only exception is when I use TRN's original "preformed" cables.

For me, once comfort and stability is resolved then choice of sound signature is my only dilemma.

For me it makes choosing one IEM from literally dozens so much simpler.

https://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-Remov...=418Ntw5XMcL&ref=plSrch&tag=3340693-headfi-20

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #13,728 of 31,845
For me, silicone earhooks go on almost every IEM.

I have tried the silicone earhooks but it is just too annoying with glasses. Also with over ear iems I prefer the cable that goes around the ear to not be too thick. There are some very nice cables that I have had to reject because of the thickness.

Oct 19, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #13,729 of 31,845
I have tried the silicone earhooks but it is just too annoying with glasses. Also with over ear iems I prefer the cable that goes around the ear to not be too thick. There are some very nice cables that I have had to reject because of the thickness.

Yeah, silicone earhooks with glasses and/or long hair can be a tangled nightmare....

giphy-1.gif

....but I've had no problems when wearing glasses with my earhooks yet.

Also, I tend to keep things at 6-Core or less so the cable fits snuggly into the channel.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #13,730 of 31,845
Quick question guys. A friend of mine asked me to recommend a cheap but nice pair of bluetooth IEMs. I told him that for the (up to) 50$ he's willing to spend, his best bet would be a chi-fi IEM with a bluetooth cable. I told him his best option would probably be the T2 with this cable https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MMC...lgo_pvid=c032034d-d4dd-4d6e-b5f0-faa682c38c70 that I've read good thing about on Reddit, but it's pushing his budget a bit. Then I recommended the ZSR but he says he doesn't like the way they look with the big left and right indicators. I exhaled angrily because I hate stupid conversations and showed him the V80 and he liked those. So, my questions are these :

1) What combo of IEM + bluetooth cable would you suggest (with a priority on making calls over absolute SQ, so the mic etc matter quite a bit for him)?
2) What kind of cable is compatible with TRNs? KZ style 2-pin ones? Is there an option for the aforementioned cable I'd get with the T2 that fits the V80? I'm asking because one says 0.75mm and TRN says 0.78mm or something. Would be annoying if he had to go through waiting for AliExpress shipping only to find out that he got incompatible things.

Thanks in advance!

Oct 20, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #13,731 of 31,845
Well, I've been using my TRN V80 for a month now, and I've been getting shocks whenever i plug it into anything with a wall socket. Am pretty sure it's not static as it stops shocking me whenever I lift my legs off other floor, or touch a piece of metal, but resumes when I don't. I've also tried a different cable, with the same result. Messaged the seller, I guess I'll have to wait and see what he does.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #13,732 of 31,845
received the ggmm c800 today, i don't know my unit is faulty or not, but first impression that it is SO BRIGHT and the mids quite muddy.
i have to change the tips to smaller bore ones in package and enabled uhq upscaler and tube amp pro on my s7 to tame the treble and now it sounds better.
the detail is great, bass is okay, but for me it needs some sub-bass (maybe because i've been spoiled with ed16 sub-bass)
build quality is great, but not so sure about the cable, hope it wont peel off like my soundmagic es18.
i am the treble-sensitive guy tho, so for $7 shipped earphone this is a great choice

Oct 20, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #13,733 of 31,845
Well, I've been using my TRN V80 for a month now, and I've been getting shocks whenever i plug it into anything with a wall socket. Am pretty sure it's not static as it stops shocking me whenever I lift my legs off other floor, or touch a piece of metal, but resumes when I don't. I've also tried a different cable, with the same result. Messaged the seller, I guess I'll have to wait and see what he does.

You are not the 1st person to say that. That is so mind blowing to me. I have just never heard of an IEM that shocked people. Honestly, the v80 is the only one I’ve heard of.

I wonder why? Any EEs in the board that can explain? I guess the negative is grounded to the shell? But how are the shocks making it through the silicone eartip to the skin? Arcing perhaps? I remember one member said it actually shocked his eardrum!

Oct 20, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #13,734 of 31,845
You are not the 1st person to say that. That is so mind blowing to me. I have just never heard of an IEM that shocked people. Honestly, the v80 is the only one I’ve heard of.

I wonder why? Any EEs in the board that can explain? I guess the negative is grounded to the shell? But how are the shocks making it through the silicone eartip to the skin? Arcing perhaps? I remember one member said it actually shocked his eardrum!

My friend who uses 1more triple driver also complains that he gets shocked electrically very very often. That's why right now he only wear 1 side of the earphone. If you search through the reviews of 1more triple driver in amazon, many people do complain about getting shocked.

Oct 20, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #13,735 of 31,845

This had happened to me on comets, v80, and even over ears and metal ear buds. It only happened when I plugged into my Dell work laptop to a specific docking station at one of my desk locations. I have not had this issue while using it undocked or on either of my other two work locations or at home docked. So I blame the docking station.

Oct 20, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #13,736 of 31,845
My pair of GGMM C800 came in earlier this week and I thought they were over hyped. Don't get me wrong, they're pretty good but given all the other great chi fi sets there have been lately, these are just mediocre. For me, the c800 has very muddy mid bass and they don't have enough resolution for me in the mids and upper mids.

received the ggmm c800 today, i don't know my unit is faulty or not, but first impression that it is SO BRIGHT and the mids quite muddy.
i have to change the tips to smaller bore ones in package and enabled uhq upscaler and tube amp pro on my s7 to tame the treble and now it sounds better.
the detail is great, bass is okay, but for me it needs some sub-bass (maybe because i've been spoiled with ed16 sub-bass)
build quality is great, but not so sure about the cable, hope it wont peel off like my soundmagic es18.
i am the treble-sensitive guy tho, so for $7 shipped earphone this is a great choice

Oct 20, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #13,737 of 31,845

It even happens with my phone if it is charging. If I put my finger on the fingerprint scanner it stops, which I assume is grounding me to something else, the battery perhaps. I'm being used as a circuit *** lol. Too bad cuz I like the way they sound for the price

Also, side note: I'm not active here but I do like your reviews. Keep them coming!

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #13,738 of 31,845
The Tin Audio T2 is suitable for what kinds of genres? Does the bass vent mod have any significant impact?

For context, I listen to electronic music(ambient, chillout, techno etc) and I liked the warm signature of Tennmak Pros and KZ ATE.

Oct 20, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #13,739 of 31,845
The Tin Audio T2 is suitable for what kinds of genres? Does the bass vent mod have any significant impact?

For context, I listen to electronic music(ambient, chillout, techno etc) and I liked the warm signature of Tennmak Pros and KZ ATE.

You should buy either the BQEYZ K2 or KC2. For your genres, you should try K2.

Oct 20, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #13,740 of 31,845

Please don’t do the bass vent mod. It totally ruins the sound of the T2. Sure, it gives more bass quantity, but the quality is ruined - it becomes a bloated, bleedy mess. It also cause driver flex.

I listen to many of the same genres. There are better choices for those genres than the T2 (if you are going to do the bass vent mod).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back