CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 28, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #13,396 of 31,833
Probably mentioned already but happy to say it again, NiceHCK have been great with my orders so far. Both shipped within a day and arrive in Europe in less than a week :)

Most recently picked up the Tin Audio T2s to see what the fuss is all about. After a short listen I can see why! For $50 these are easy to recommend. I reckon these are already 70% as good as the FiiO FH5 which I also quite like and own, and that costs about 5x more. Looking forward to doing some more AB testing with the two :L3000:

The T2s have their... quirks though. Out of the box they were a tiny bit sibilant for me (I listen to a lot of Jpop/Kpop) but switching to the included smaller bore tips sorted that out. My left cable connector is also already quite loose despite only swapping cables once. Not sure if it's just my unit, how they are in general or just MMCX bein' MMCX :unamused: Also I'm not used to this shape of earphone and seem to spend more time faffing about getting it in my ears than I'd like. But I'm probably nitpicking now, at this price point I'm really impressed!

Sep 28, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #13,397 of 31,833
Probably mentioned already but happy to say it again, NiceHCK have been great with my orders so far. Both shipped within a day and arrive in Europe in less than a week :)

Most recently picked up the Tin Audio T2s to see what the fuss is all about. After a short listen I can see why! For $50 these are easy to recommend. I reckon these are already 70% as good as the FiiO FH5 which I also quite like and own, and that costs about 5x more. Looking forward to doing some more AB testing with the two :L3000:

The T2s have their... quirks though. Out of the box they were a tiny bit sibilant for me (I listen to a lot of Jpop/Kpop) but switching to the included smaller bore tips sorted that out. My left cable connector is also already quite loose despite only swapping cables once. Not sure if it's just my unit, how they are in general or just MMCX bein' MMCX :unamused: Also I'm not used to this shape of earphone and seem to spend more time faffing about getting it in my ears than I'd like. But I'm probably nitpicking now, at this price point I'm really impressed!

I recommend using the foam.

Sep 28, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #13,398 of 31,833
Is it actually confirmed somewhere that the A8 is in fact a 3DD setup? I don't see it listed in the item details on AliExpress, nor do I see it listed on the (rather bland) packaging. I don't actually own these, I was just curious. I don't know how much I trust the item details anyways, since it mentions that it's a 2pin interface, but in reality it's a fixed cable.

You're right about that. It actually doesn't say anywhere that it's a 3*DD setup. But the impedance, frequency range and sensitivity are the same as for the GK3, according to the package.

Sep 28, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #13,399 of 31,833
Hey guys, can you recommend me on iem at around 50$, that will be comfortable to sleep with? I had the **** Ues and they were great. My favorite sound signature is neutral to slightly mid centric

I can recommend the HILL AUDIO S8. Super comfortable and not disturbing, even if you lie on your side. Plus exactly the signature you want.

https://shopee.com.my/HillAudio-S8-Hybrid-3-Driver-In-Ear-Earphone-i.6548893.1119979999

If you can't buy them on the site, it is possible to contact the seller directly via Facebbok (HILL AUDIO) and he will send it with tracking and PayPal payment.
Even if it's $10 more, it's really worth it!

Sep 28, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #13,400 of 31,833
I can recommend the HILL AUDIO S8. Super comfortable and not disturbing, even if you lie on your side. Plus exactly the signature you want.

https://shopee.com.my/HillAudio-S8-Hybrid-3-Driver-In-Ear-Earphone-i.6548893.1119979999

If you can't buy them on the site, it is possible to contact the seller directly via Facebbok (HILL AUDIO) and he will send it with tracking and PayPal payment.
Even if it's $10 more, it's really worth it!

I think those are Hilisening HLS-S8? @B9Scrambler reviewed them, if it is the same IEM.

Sep 28, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #13,401 of 31,833
I think those are Hilisening HLS-S8? @B9Scrambler reviewed them, if it is the same IEM.

I was chatting with Hill Audio about those a while back. They're the same thing, but rebranded. Good earphone but were way overpriced the way HiLisening was selling them; crap accessories and an even worse cable. Looks like Hill Audio is doing it properly.

Sep 28, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #13,404 of 31,833
crosspost, does anyone have any basshead iem reccomendations?

At $100, the iBasso IT01.
At $60, the TFZ Series 5S.
At $20, the Geek Wold GK3.

Sep 28, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #13,406 of 31,833
I know you guys hate ribbon/noodle cables but I'll defend them when it comes to one thing, no microphonic noises transmitting to the cable when it's shaking against your clothing when you're moving. Those KZ ones for example ALL have that stupid cable that transmits that making them awful imo for transport.

Also, would it be accurate to assume that IEMs that have an angle shape at the tip rather than the straight shape are better when it comes to noise isolation?

Sep 29, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #13,407 of 31,833
I know you guys hate ribbon/noodle cables but I'll defend them when it comes to one thing, no microphonic noises transmitting to the cable when it's shaking against your clothing when you're moving. Those KZ ones for example ALL have that stupid cable that transmits that making them awful imo for transport.

Also, would it be accurate to assume that IEMs that have an angle shape at the tip rather than the straight shape are better when it comes to noise isolation?

I think it depends more on tips and insertion deeps. Beside the obvious vented vs closed Iem.

Sep 29, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #13,408 of 31,833
I was disappointed with the TRN V80’s before but they’ve really done it now. I’d noticed a few times before a quick crackling sound when I stood up when wearing them, now I know what the crackle is and it’s not nice: they hit me with an electric shock strong enough to make me feel pretty averse to wearing them again.

Static buildup or an actual current meant for the drivers I don’t know but even a mild shock (I’ve had a shock from a light switch before and this was less than a tenth of that) directly in the ear canal is unpleasant. I wonder if I have a case for returning them to the Ali seller. I’ve since switched back to my ZS5’s and there’s no crackle or shock of course.

I've just had this exact same issue with the trn v80s the other day. I've had them for a month or less and was not using an amp (they were plugged into my laptop). It only hurts when I actually put it in my ear, and this is only happening for the right one (the side the mic is on), but I hear the crackling in the left one too. It actually is pretty unpleasant/painful (comparatively) and doesn't seem to want to go away. I see that even Apple has an FAQ about static shock from their earbuds, but I've never had an issue with any other earphones that I've owned.

This is pretty unfortunate as I love almost everything else about these IEMs; they are absolutely gorgeous.

My speaker system was on at the time, and when that system is on, that cable I plug into my laptop will also interact with other things (e.g. my laptop charger). I'm making an uneducated guess that this may be the reason for the static buildup. Maybe it is also related to my laptop charger.

Sep 29, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #13,409 of 31,833
My take on KZ AS10!

I think they are rather sweet, inexpensive IEMs with a nice texture, good detail, and overall great value :) I invite you to read more in the full review :)

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2018/09/kz-as10-improved-budget-performance.html

KZ-AS10-AS-10-IEMs-Earphones-Review-Chinese-Linsoul-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-16.jpg

KZ-AS10-AS-10-IEMs-Earphones-Review-Chinese-Linsoul-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-15.jpg

KZ-AS10-AS-10-IEMs-Earphones-Review-Chinese-Linsoul-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-08.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back