CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 21, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #13,246 of 31,833
I was disappointed with the TRN V80’s before but they’ve really done it now. I’d noticed a few times before a quick crackling sound when I stood up when wearing them, now I know what the crackle is and it’s not nice: they hit me with an electric shock strong enough to make me feel pretty averse to wearing them again.

Static buildup or an actual current meant for the drivers I don’t know but even a mild shock (I’ve had a shock from a light switch before and this was less than a tenth of that) directly in the ear canal is unpleasant. I wonder if I have a case for returning them to the Ali seller. I’ve since switched back to my ZS5’s and there’s no crackle or shock of course.
My ears get shocked by static buildup while wearing my kz hds1's whenever i walk on my university's library's carpet. Doesnt happen with my other metal iem's though.

Sep 21, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #13,247 of 31,833
I mainly listen to EDM and DnB and the v80s I think are perfect for this style os music (personally-some seem to love them, others seem to not... but most people into EDM love them).

Can someone give me iem recommendations for edm, dance, deep house, and hip hop. I like deep, authoritative clean bass, clear Liquid mids, clear, rounded highs not sharp highs. Dont like aggressive, or bright sounding iem. I guess I like darker, sweet, smoother sound. I'd like recommendations in the 25.00 range, 50.00 range and 100.00 range. Thanks!

Sep 21, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #13,248 of 31,833
Geek Wold GK3 is no go folks. There are plenty better choices in the price range. My main issue with it - mid bass is muffled and not focused. Overall a very closed in sound. The plug is also a bit too thin, not working with my LG V20 without an adapter. If you, like me, are fan of dynamic drivers, then in my experience I-INTO i8, Betron BS10, and Uiisii CM5, are much better choices.

Got me some Geek Wold from Amazon, and it landed yesterday. Still pissed they didn't include the "r" :beyersmile: The plug is also the cheapest POS, didn't fit properly into my LG V20 audio port, causing all kinds of noises on slightest movement. So couldn't really enjoy the sound, which seemed pretty decent. Do you have any issue with it? Mine could be a defective one. I'll try again tonight with an extension adapter.

Sep 21, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #13,249 of 31,833
Looking to upgrade my KZ ATE that served me well for 2 years. I've already ordered KZ ZS3 but I'm looking for another pair that improves on the warm signature of ATE. Was looking at Tennmak Pros but read about issues with quality and that the new model sounds different than the 2016 one. Anyways, any recommendations around $30?

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #13,250 of 31,833
Looking to upgrade my KZ ATE that served me well for 2 years. I've already ordered KZ ZS3 but I'm looking for another pair that improves on the warm signature of ATE. Was looking at Tennmak Pros but read about issues with quality and that the new model sounds different than the 2016 one. Anyways, any recommendations around $30?

Do you prefer the cable to be worn over the ear or worn down?

Sep 21, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #13,253 of 31,833

It's really unfortunate you didn't get the ZS3's successor instead, the ZS4.

It is a definite upgrade over the ZS3 (in sound, as well as cable and tips). And it only costs a few dollars more.

Sep 21, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #13,254 of 31,833
Timmkoo C610 is a great contender. It's less sharp than the sibling C630. Smaller and more comfortable too. It's among the less efficient IEMs in my collection, but feed it good power and it'll throw seriously good bass and clarity. It's a bit boring and flat at lower volume, but becomes so alive at higher level.

Sep 21, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #13,255 of 31,833
I just bought the Tenhz P4 Pro IEM from Massdrop and was wondering what you guys think of them.
KtUdyt4xTl2p9R2xJvIy_361A2940.jpg

vkdYwVMLR6KATSP0Bqhg_361A2903.jpg

Here is the measurement chart for the frequencies from Ali Express
HTB15UYyavQypeRjt_bXq6yZuXXaY.jpg

Supposedly it's like the Audbos P4 just slightly different (possibly only a shell change and Massdrop is touting them as the same) and those are supposedly really good according to this review https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/audbos-p4.22971/reviews.

It looks like they go for about $120 on Ali Express. Because Massdrop messed up a previous order I ended up paying $49.99 for them. I though that was a pretty good deal and decided for that nice of a discount I couldn't pass them up.

Sep 22, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #13,256 of 31,833
So far TRN V20 is the best partner to my LG V20.they have these synergy.A well-balanced sound signature to all frequencies.

Sep 22, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #13,257 of 31,833
So far TRN V20 is the best partner to my LG V20.they have these synergy.A well-balanced sound signature to all frequencies.

Love mine so much I just ordered a second pair in red... but all I got was an empty (sealed!) Box with a cable in, so still waiting in that second pair. To be fair though 20quid for the cable is fine as I love that trn cable

Sep 22, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #13,258 of 31,833
Love mine so much I just ordered a second pair in red... but all I got was an empty (sealed!) Box with a cable in, so still waiting in that second pair. To be fair though 20quid for the cable is fine as I love that trn cable

I love mine TRN V20 so much I have not been tempted by the newer models. I do have a proper TRN case coming for it:)

That is really weird that yours came like that... I hope they are letting you keep the cable that was in the box. I have purchased a couple of the TRN cables to use on other IEMs.

I have a black TRN cable on my carbon KZ ZST. Looks great. Now, if I only liked my ZST more. It seriously needs the @Slater mod to hopefully get rid of some harshness. Can't rmember if I ever burned it in though... wonder if that would help.

Sep 22, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #13,259 of 31,833
KZ ZS4 should serve you well. Its an improvement over the ZS3.

It's really unfortunate you didn't get the ZS3's successor instead, the ZS4.

It is a definite upgrade over the ZS3 (in sound, as well as cable and tips). And it only costs a few dollars more.

I wasn't aware about the ZS4. It seems like a newer model. How are the mids on that one?

Sep 22, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #13,260 of 31,833
Timmkoo C610 is a great contender. It's less sharp than the sibling C630. Smaller and more comfortable too. It's among the less efficient IEMs in my collection, but feed it good power and it'll throw seriously good bass and clarity. It's a bit boring and flat at lower volume, but becomes so alive at higher level.

That's a new name for me. Thanks for the rec, I'll check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back