CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 27, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #12,137 of 31,833
These last weeks i have mostly used the Fidue A65 and the TinAudio T2. Both are exceptional. Also got the TinAudio T1 but they are not in par to them so not much to talk about.
I like balanced sound signatures and have tried several setups. Currently the A65 are on wide soft foam tips wear them down and the T2 on spinfits over the ear with bluetooth cable. Also i EQ them to neutralize. The pics are on the EQ applied to them to neutralize. To my ears the T2 became less airy and less bright making them a lot more easy to listen for longer sessions which was an issue for me.The Fidue A65 was almost neutral to me out of the box probably this is why i like them so much.
Hey, looking at your signature, I habe tho question. I like neutral sound. Should I get the dzat df10 or wait for tin audio t2 to go back to 32 bucks.? (Currently 45 I think) df10 seems relatively cheaper with price. Does t2 offer better sound without any mod?

Already have the urban fun, and I really really like it. I need to try one more earphone with similar profile. Does tin audio really better than what I have now ?

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #12,140 of 31,833
Another suggestion I would make is the TRN v80. I don't know if there is a direct comparison between them yet, but I love mine and I'd be willing to be bet that they stack up well to the T2.

I had been looking for comparison between TRN v80 and T2 for weeks now. Nobody seems to have both. Is TRN neutral? How is the build? Can you post some pics? The ones on internet are all graphical ones. Also, how are connectors. I really dont want to risk spending too much on chifi due to lack of warranty. The better bet on TRN is the availability of cheaper 2.5mm balanced cable.its cheaper than the cheapest MMCX balanced cable.

Jul 27, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #12,141 of 31,833
I had been looking for comparison between TRN v80 and T2 for weeks now. Nobody seems to have both. Is TRN neutral? How is the build? Can you post some pics? The ones on internet are all graphical ones. Also, how are connectors. I really dont want to risk spending too much on chifi due to lack of warranty. The better bet on TRN is the availability of cheaper 2.5mm balanced cable.its cheaper than the cheapest MMCX balanced cable.

I've got both on hand. V80 sounds like a KZ hybrid; big bass, big treble, slightly set back mids. Imo not quite as good as the ZS6 (more sizzle and splash in the treble), but still very enjoyable. Nothing like the T2 though.

Build on the V80 is great, but the colored coating isn't particularly smooth. For the price more than fair. Cable and connectors are nice, though like KZ's cables the portion above the y-split is quite long and there is no chin cinch. Has a tendency to tangle. Again, for the price it's hard to complain too much. V80 gives you a lot for your money. It's a solid earphone.

Jul 27, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #12,142 of 31,833
Hey, looking at your signature, I habe tho question. I like neutral sound. Should I get the dzat df10 or wait for tin audio t2 to go back to 32 bucks.? (Currently 45 I think) df10 seems relatively cheaper with price. Does t2 offer better sound without any mod?

Already have the urban fun, and I really really like it. I need to try one more earphone with similar profile. Does tin audio really better than what I have now ?
by neutral i'm assuming you mean balanced as in no frequencies being particularly emphasized--if so, the df10 is more v-shaped and not what you're looking for. the t2 is quite balanced and vg overall--i'd also look at the bosshifi b3 and the nicehck bro.

Jul 27, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #12,143 of 31,833
What's the name of the headphones you have pictured here?
@fitterhappier I'm sure by now you have seen dj's post?

THX @djmakemynight you are absolutely correct of course as I sure you have noticed I Wokeized my version with carbon look tape from my FiiO X3ii kit:wink: You may also be correct on current availability since this is what I pull at AliEx! https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...er-Inner-Ear-Earphones-Noise/32480619031.html

Amazon as well:disappointed: https://www.amazon.com/Havi-B3-Dual-Driver-Earphones/dp/B00LXRIBI2

Such a shame as for less than $125 total this rig slays and is closer to anything digital I have that sounds analog:

Havi Nutz.JPG

I was under the impression Havi had come up with a shell that was less prone to cracking with age as so many have (I've always thought that is was due to ones particular climate) that caused this to happen but pound (gram) for pound and dollar for dollar the Havi B3 Pro is and IMPO been one of the best bargains in this hobby. They stand in tall cotton with the like of the Koss Porta Pro/KSC75 and their new KPH30i, Grado SR-60's. This could really branch out and go on for days but I'm sure you get what I'm saying. I may have to see if I can get a hold of a controlling ear now and see just why this great iem has not stayed in production as it is a phenomenal piece:thinking:

Jul 27, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #12,144 of 31,833

THX @djmakemynight you are absolutely correct of course as I sure you have noticed I Wokeized my version with carbon look tape from my FiiO X3ii kit:wink: You may also be correct on current availability since this is what I pull at AliEx! https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...er-Inner-Ear-Earphones-Noise/32480619031.html

Amazon as well:disappointed: https://www.amazon.com/Havi-B3-Dual-Driver-Earphones/dp/B00LXRIBI2

Such a shame as for less than $125 total this rig slays and is closer to anything digital I have that sounds analog:

I was under the impression Havi had come up with a shell that was less prone to cracking with age as so many have (I've always thought that is was due to ones particular climate) that caused this to happen but pound (gram) for pound and dollar for dollar the Havi B3 Pro is and IMPO been one of the best bargains in this hobby. They stand in tall cotton with the like of the Koss Porta Pro/KSC75 and their new KPH30i, Grado SR-60's. This could really branch out and go on for days but I'm sure you get what I'm saying. I may have to see if I can get a hold of a controlling ear now and see just why this great iem has not stayed in production as it is a phenomenal piece:thinking:
Whats on the bottom of that stack? I know the top is a walnut v2

Jul 27, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #12,146 of 31,833
Whats on the bottom of that stack? I know the top is a walnut v2

Indeed @B9Scrambler is correct, although the Walnut duo are screen-less there is just something magical about the analog output of this rig! I was hesitant at first to bite on the F1 thinking it would kill that sweet analog sound of the V2 but sure enough it just turned out to be a transparent pass thru and only adding more juice for iem's/cans that may need a little push to make that potential:wink: As sweet as my number one DAP is (Opus #1) this setup right here simply destroys anything I've ever tried that was touted to sound analog like:thumbsup:This photo title in my audio photo library is "Holy Analog Heaven R1F1V2"

Holy Analog Heaven R1F1V2.JPG

I'm thinking what I was told of the reissue was right in the Pro II version that is advertised here on Penon and they obviously ran out of that version however I want to say as many goofy sayings the Chinese will put into their advertising they have never hit the mark closer than what's on the box in the photo at their link: https://penonaudio.com/havi-b3-proii-bass-edition.html these iem's really do warm your heart with one of the best reproductions of "Real Music" out of a dual driver. As mentioned they are IMPO the Vandersteen 2CE's of the iem world:wink:

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #12,147 of 31,833
Indeed @B9Scrambler is correct, although the Walnut duo are screen-less there is just something magical about the analog output of this rig! I was hesitant at first to bite on the F1 thinking it would kill that sweet analog sound of the V2 but sure enough it just turned out to be a transparent pass thru and only adding more juice for iem's/cans that may need a little push to make that potential:wink: As sweet as my number one DAP is (Opus #1) this setup right here simply destroys anything I've ever tried that was touted to sound analog like:thumbsup:This photo title in my audio photo library is "Holy Analog Heaven R1F1V2"

I'm thinking what I was told of the reissue was right in the ProII that is advertised here on Penon and they obviously ran out of that version however I want to say as many goofy sayings the Chinese will put into their advertising they have never hit the mark closer than what's on the box in the photo at their link: https://penonaudio.com/havi-b3-proii-bass-edition.html these iem's really do warm your heart with one of the best reproductions of "Real Music" out of a dual driver. As mentioned they are IMPO the Vandersteen 2CE's of the iem world:wink:
I remember considering getting them, but someone mentioned that the walnut measurements are horrible with big rolloffs on both treble and bass

Jul 27, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #12,148 of 31,833
I just got my Zhiyin Z5000, totally loving it! Great Bass with decent vocals. Would prefer more details but for its price, its great!

However, I dont like to wear it over my ear. Wearing it straight is a bit uncomfortable, I am unable to wear it deep. Perhaps someone can recommend me a longer ear tip?

Jul 27, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #12,149 of 31,833
I remember considering getting them, but someone mentioned that the walnut measurements are horrible with big rolloffs on both treble and bass

Now see that is the thing, graphs and specs don't always belie what the ears hear and maybe it's that roll off effect that makes them sound analog to me (me being the key word here) of course one would think just the opposite as I don't think the analog sound rolls off much at all. I do 99% analog listening at home of two different types of rigs. Seems some of the first complaints of digital from the analog crowd was how digital signals seemed to roll off the end of frequencies:hushed: Once again the Pod becomes:confused: I'll resort to one of my staple statements out here, we all hear things differently!

I think what this whole post right here says is don't follow my lead as I strictly go by what my ears and heart hears and nothing from a scientific standpoint:beerchug:

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #12,150 of 31,833

Hmm... Rather unfortunate that the production of Havi B3 seems to have been discontinued. You intrigued me with the supposed ATE upstaging by the B3. Call me a nimrod but to my ears the KZ-ATE is a sonorous wonder--and only sounds better and more full the louder the volume is turned. Given this opinion and hence sound signature preference, the notion that the Havi B3 could be somehow even better makes mundo mouth water.

I have the Senzer H1 and Superlux HD381, and while they serve a purpose, they do not blow me away in the manner the KZ-ATE does. Maybe--just maybe--somewhere out there an earphone can breathe new life into the music I love in the way that ATE does and continues to do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back