CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 6, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #11,776 of 31,833
but very weak quality cable:frowning2: i bought 2 and say stop:frowning2:!
is the reason why now my next iem will be with detachable cable

Yeah, the build quality of Vsonic is crap. Even if you get a removable cable design (such as VSD3S), the divers often inexplicably die after a year.

I think they put a 12 month self-destruct switch inside all of their IEMs lol

My GR07 are long dead. I am babying my VSD5S. Once they die too, I’m definitely done with VSonic.

Jul 6, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #11,777 of 31,833
Yeah, the build quality of Vsonic is crap. Even if you get a removable cable design (such as VSD3S), the divers often inexplicably die after a year.

I think they put a 12 month self-destruct switch inside all of their IEMs lol

My GR07 are long dead. I am babying my VSD5S. Once they die too, I’m definitely done with VSonic.

is very hard to find very quality cable mine broke always on jack .
my fidue survive but else i fix the bad contact by soldering (is very hard cause is very thin wire:frowning2:) and change for angle jack the sound is not the same that before:frowning2: so i'm fed up with cable !
is the reason why i want a detachable cable..to chnage if it breaks:wink:

Jul 6, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #11,778 of 31,833
One more for the weekend. My impressions for the longest time were terrible, hence having it on hand for around 6 months before getting to the review. Then I figured out how to wear them which took me longer than I'd like to admit... But yeah, the R8 is pretty awesome and still worth the money despite being an aged product.

Jul 6, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #11,779 of 31,833
is very hard to find very quality cable mine broke always on jack .
my fidue survive but else i fix the bad contact by soldering (is very hard cause is very thin wire:frowning2:) and c 20180706_172137.jpg hange F i9or angle jack the sound is not the same that before:frowning2: so i'm fed up with cable !
is the reason why i want a detachable cable..to chnage if it breaks:wink:
My son used to be very hard on IEM's, having the cable fail at the input jack. I finally bought some heat shrink tubing e and reinforced all his new ones before I gave them to him. The tricky part was finding tubing big enough to go over the jack but small enough that is shrank to a snug fit on the cable. If you can find 4:1 or at least 3:1 ratio and a decent heat gun it works well. Just be careful not to apply too much heat or the solder can melt inside the plug. I don't have any IEM's left that I modded, but here is a shot of an old iPad cable I used heat shrink on years ago.20180706_172137.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #11,782 of 31,833
My son used to be very hard on IEM's, having the cable fail at the input jack. I finally bought some heat shrink tubing e and reinforced all his new ones before I gave them to him. The tricky part was finding tubing big enough to go over the jack but small enough that is shrank to a snug fit on the cable. If you can find 4:1 or at least 3:1 ratio and a decent heat gun it works well. Just be careful not to apply too much heat or the solder can melt inside the plug. I don't have any IEM's left that I modded, but here is a shot of an old iPad cable I used heat shrink on years ago.

thanx but in my case i want to chnage my iem:wink:

Jul 6, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #11,783 of 31,833
My son used to be very hard on IEM's, having the cable fail at the input jack. I finally bought some heat shrink tubing e and reinforced all his new ones before I gave them to him. The tricky part was finding tubing big enough to go over the jack but small enough that is shrank to a snug fit on the cable. If you can find 4:1 or at least 3:1 ratio and a decent heat gun it works well. Just be careful not to apply too much heat or the solder can melt inside the plug. I don't have any IEM's left that I modded, but here is a shot of an old iPad cable I used heat shrink on years ago.

Ah, the joys of kids and electronics.

For my daughter, I just buy charger and aux cables (and even IEMs and USB power bricks) in bulk. It’s not even worth me reinforcing or resoldering a new 3.5mm end on an aux cable that cost me less than $1. Same with phone charging cables. Or USB charging bricks that get “lost” at sleepovers. I just keep a bag of 10+ of everything, so when I get the “Daaad, this cable isn’t charging my phone anymore” or “I think I lost X or Y and need a new one”, I just reach into my magical ‘electronics headache relief bag’ and pull out a new one.

Thank gosh for Gearbest and Aliexpress! Whenever I see a great deal on lightning cables or something, I just order some to replenish my stock.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #11,784 of 31,833
They are supposedly tuned differently. There's a bunch of FR comparisons with various KZs and TRNs on facebook and judging by that, they should be less piercing than V10 or ZS6 and alike.

You mean on the audiobudget FB page? if basing on the FR comparisons, seems like a mellower ZS6. But people have measured the recent R IEM and also ED16, saying they're very similar, so I dunno.

Jul 7, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #11,785 of 31,833
Jul 7, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #11,787 of 31,833
Yesterday I finally had a chance to try friend´s IT01, Haydn, ZS10 and compare it to my current favourite Evos Palais (60€). Ye I know they are not chinese, but hopefully you won´t be mad at me :D
For me, Evos still on top, Haydn is close behind, it is missing the delicate treble (can also be seen in graph). I´m not saying they are worse, I didn´t really have time to compare them much.

I love the looks of IT01 and its cable, but unfortunately I have trouble fitting these, so I can´t say much. They have more bass than Evos, but that depends on how you tune bass on Evos, I have it touch above neutral for traveling.
IT01 kicks more, but it has some kind of plasticky sound in lower treble and lacks that sweet treble extension of Evos - this may be just due to me not getting a good fit, who knows, because they measure similarly.
On measurements treble seems similar, but trust me that Evos treble is on another level, tonally closer to ER4SR, it is so airy, extended and yet smooth, strips of transpore over the nozzle must be doing some magic :)
ZS10 can´t touch these imho, I´m not fan of KZ sound anymore.. And they are so big I can´t fit them comfortably either.

I took a fast measurements on my phone if anyone is interested, measured using a cheap uncalibrated mic and same foam tips on all iems. Ignore the differences in bass under 100Hz this time.

Evos Palais (modded) - this was taken later at home so it looks much nicer.
Evos Palais mod.jpg

Ibasso IT01 (forget the bass bump here, it isn´t that huge actually)
Ibasso IT01.jpg

KZ ZS10
KZ ZS10.jpg

Whizzer A15 Pro - Haydn (forget that nasty bass bumb)
Whizzer A15 Pro Haydn.jpg

I may take more precise measurements on my PC in the future.. :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #11,788 of 31,833
House restoration... child goods... I`m a family man ;D
Oh... dammit... please... stop it! I need money for other things -.-

Name one.

Hey I said 1. And how am I supposed to win the argument if you bring logic into it? Oh I know, FAKE NEWS!

Jul 7, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #11,789 of 31,833
Jul 7, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #11,790 of 31,833
I'm actually listening to Betron BS-10 right now and am amazed by the sound for the price. £7.99 on amazon.co.uk right now

I received mine today. Got them from US Amazon. Amazing for $10.99!

Is this a fluke in the Betron lineup? Or are all Betrons this good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back