CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 4, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #11,717 of 31,833
Although I don’t own these, don’t get your hopes up too high. 99% sure QKZ and the Amazon ones are rebrands of the F910. It has a big letter “F” on the face.

Anyways, a few people have tried it over the years and supposedly it sucks.

I’m sure if you do a search you’ll find the posts.

Update - found it

Appreciate the info greatly
Thanks very much. The ones I've seen are red.

Just liked the colour tbh

Jul 4, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #11,718 of 31,833
after a week with kz es4 i have decided to sell them mainly because of fit ( half of the iem hangs out of my ears which is annoying
so now i am looking for a iem under 30$ with less v shape and more of a balanced neutral signature better than of es4
i won't consider tinaudio t2 because it is 50$ and too neutral for me
i would like my iems to be mid centric

in short signature in which bass is totally non-dominant

Jul 4, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #11,719 of 31,833
Appreciate the info greatly
Thanks very much. The ones I've seen are red.

Just liked the colour tbh

Sure no problem. Nothing wrong with buying an IEM based on how it looks.

But yeah, they just switched up the shell body and face plate color. It’s obviously still made by the same company, and will sound the same as the “F” ones.

Be sure to let us know how you like them!

Jul 4, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #11,721 of 31,833
Would something like that stop tips sliding off the nozzles? I'm thinking along the lines of westone and their star tips etc.

No, won’t help with that. A drop or 2 of hairspray is how you solve that problem.

Jul 4, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #11,722 of 31,833
Got my KZ ED16 + TRN Bluetooth module + foam tips today and oh boy, oh boy - I am a happy listner! Didn't expect such nice audio from so cheap IEMs. I'd say I like them more than my Audio Technica M50's!

Bluetooth module paired with iPhone 7 Plus nicely too. On my fifth hour of listening to music straight out the box and no connection issues thus far.

Jul 4, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #11,723 of 31,833
anyone?

Hey, I'm looking for some earphones at around or under 20-25€. I need them fast, like a week and a half, so I can only order from amazon or this shop

https://www.powerplanetonline.com/es

(Has Awei and KZ earbuds)

I'm looking for something neutral. My current headphones are the Sony MDR-V6 and I love the sound. My previous earphones were the Moxpad X3 but the cable broke (and a replacement is as expensive as the earbuds). I didn't really like the sound as I felt the bass was overpowering the other frequencies.

Just for kicks I've been looking at BT earbuds as well, specifically the Awei 920BL which seem decent. But that's not a requirement

Thanks.

Jul 4, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #11,727 of 31,833
You find those better than the KZ offerings?

I read a review here that said the bass was muddy. Do you feel that's accurate?

With the wrong tips it can be. I use KS starlines on mine.

Here is another idea that is on Amazon... I do not have them yet... mine are coming but will have a mod to control the base... tape over some vents... @Slater has described this mod.

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B01MUYE3IX...&pd_rd_r=2dfb1ae7-7fd6-11e8-928c-2fe02411c6bd

You said you were in a hurry so I did not think you would want to order from aliexpress which is where all of my KZs come from. I would definitely recommend the KZ ED16 if you can get it and if you like iems that have the cable over the ear... it comes with a horrible rubbery cable though. I changed mine to a spare cable that I had for my ZS6

KZs are usually a lot less expensive from aliexpress than they are from Amazon. Probably everything is:)

Anyway the right tips change the sound a lot. If you don't get a seal, it will seem like there is no bass and everything sounds tinny. If the tips are fitting in a way that closes off the sound too much then it becomes muddy.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #11,729 of 31,833
I can get all of these KDs shipped in 2 days on this website, which is why I asked. Also because of the bluetooth attachement.

https://www.powerplanetonline.com/f...g=452&filterCustomTag=306&filterCustomTag=401

It doesn't have the ED16, but it has the ED9 and 12.

I'll look at more reviews.

Thanks a lot :)

With the wrong tips it can be. I use KS starlines on mine.

Here is another idea that is on Amazon... I do not have them yet... mine are coming but will have a mod to control the base... tape over some vents... @Slater has described this mod.

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B01MUYE3IX...&pd_rd_r=2dfb1ae7-7fd6-11e8-928c-2fe02411c6bd

You said you were in a hurry so I did not think you would want to order from aliexpress which is where all of my KZs come from. I would definitely recommend the KZ ED16 if you can get it and if you like iems that have the cable over the ear... it comes with a horrible rubbery cable though. I changed mine to a spare cable that I had for my ZS6

KZs are usually a lot less expensive from aliexpress than they are from Amazon. Probably everything is:)

Anyway the right tips change the sound a lot. If you don't get a seal, it will seem like there is no bass and everything sounds tinny. If the tips are fitting in a way that closes off the sound too much then it becomes muddy.

Jul 4, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #11,730 of 31,833

ED9 is a great choice! Just get it! You can have more or less bass depending on which nozzle you put on it and it is very comfortable.

No removable cable though... do you need it to be removable?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back