CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 6, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #11,266 of 31,833
Ok, many thanks for the recommendations. Any KZ basshead style?
Yes:

- KZ ED15 is purely bass focused.
- KZ ES4 has a tight fat bass and dark sound.
- KZ ZSR has a bit more muddy, but huge bass and a tad more highs.
- KZ ZSA (that I just got) has a tight bass and is super comfortable.

So... good luck! :D

Jun 7, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #11,267 of 31,833
Had asked TinHifi about that they replied only gold. Never got them after reading some bad impressions so no idea how they sound.
I have Tin Audio T515 both gold and black, and i confirm gold sounds a bit harsher in upper mids and highs (although still sound is well above your average chifi)
Black is perfect to my taste and my fav IEM ever, but by the time I had come to that realisation, black version was already nowhere to be found.

Jun 7, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #11,268 of 31,833
Received the new KZ cases today ... They are a bit bulky, look durable, not that spacious but do the job for me... Got them for $2.27 each including shipping to the UK which seems reasonable.... 20180607_140437_HDR.jpg

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #11,274 of 31,833
Hisenior B5+

they use knowles balanced armature drivers and knowles filters, the treble driver is the same as the Etymotic ER4S driver, they are on sale now for 102 dollars with free shiping

Maybe I should have known because my husband has the B5+ but I cannot possibly memorize what all of his iems look like! Too much gear....

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #11,277 of 31,833
Jun 7, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #11,278 of 31,833
Actually it kind of is... I often feel overwhelmed. I think many of us are probably crazy.
i have 5 pairs of headphones right now and i think that is to much, but they are so different from each other, that i can't justify selling some of them, i had 10 pair before, so i am in the right track, but every one of my pairs now have a purpose, the most customizable ones are the little tesla s, they can do everything with EQ tweak

Jun 7, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #11,279 of 31,833
Last week I bought a pair of Qian69 buds and a pair of GGMM C700 iems. The buds came first, sound decent but no better than my MX365 which I haven't used for a long time. Treble is boosted but a little flat. Don't like them much. Buds in my experience often give this artificial soundstage that doesn't have much depth, or contrast between near and far. I'll need to experience something far better than Qian69 to get into the buds crave.

GGMM C700 was on Amazon's lightning sale for under $7. Single 9.2mm dynamic driver. Very small size, narrow bore, and comes with the best tips. Took them out the box, plugged into ears, and they just worked. Extremely comfy, just like the E2000. Sound wise, they're phenomenal. Clarity, bass, soundstage, depth, separation... can't believe all these could be packed so well in a single dynamic driver. After getting a few duds, and a phenomenal multi-driver, I thought I've heard all chi-fi could provide. Well, looks like I'll continue my exploration :)

Jun 7, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #11,280 of 31,833
Actually it kind of is... I often feel overwhelmed. I think many of us are probably crazy.

His is the bigger kettle.
I never said I wasn't crazy

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back