CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 30, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #11,116 of 31,833
I received my TRN V60 yesterday. And yeah, it's not great. Having not heard the V10 or V20, this was definitely an impulse buy for $16 USD. I did the screen removal mod and put on an SPC cable, auvio wide bore tips. SQ improved somewhat but I still find it disappointing. I much more prefer the EDR2 and the CM5 over this. The V60 is dark and quite veiled overall. Vocals come off flat and a bit boxy. Soundstage seemed average and there was a little bit of instrument separation on less busy songs but not much. I will be gifting these to someone most likely at some point.

May 30, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #11,117 of 31,833
I received my TRN V60 yesterday. And yeah, it's not great. Having not heard the V10 or V20, this was definitely an impulse buy for $16 USD. I did the screen removal mod and put on an SPC cable, auvio wide bore tips. SQ improved somewhat but I still find it disappointing. I much more prefer the EDR2 and the CM5 over this. The V60 is dark and quite veiled overall. Vocals come off flat and a bit boxy. Soundstage seemed average and there was a little bit of instrument separation on less busy songs but not much. I will be gifting these to someone most likely at some point.

Yeah, I think this will also go away as a gift to someone who has only stock phone earbuds (but I think these are not in any way better then those:)) But the plus side - the TRN cable is great, will be using it with my other IEMs :)

May 30, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #11,118 of 31,833
Anyone tried YueGuangBaoHe H1? ($25)

58f02a89N92ea50ab.jpg

Recently reviewed by AudioBudget (https://audiobudget.com/product/YueGuangBaoHe/H1) and looks to be a sister to TIMMKO C630 (aka EMI CI880, etc) but differently tuned and built. I would be really interested if it indeed
- has more bass than C630 without sacrificing the mids and detail
- has more durable cable than C630
I've got them. These are Aigo Moonlight Treasure Box H1 earphones. These are the same as Estron/Timmkoo/Joyplus ES670/C670 and Podoor J50 from Amazon. I can say they are good, but there's nothing extraordinary in them. Clear pleasant sound with accented mids, bright highs and backgrounded bass. They are quite uncomfortable because of their incorrectly balanced weight. You feel how they move in your ears when you run or walk fast. Their surface is quite scratchable. I can't recommend them as outdoor earphones for daily usage. As to me, Xiaomi triples (QTEJ02JY) will be better choice for the price.
There were several Chinese reviews on ES670. And they were not positive:
http://www.head4.net/discuss_detail.php?ID=1257&FROMURL=hdiscuss&VTYPE=discuss&kind=1&dp=1
http://loveortruth.pixnet.net/blog/post/343133276-[開箱評測]宜思創-timmkoo-c670-雙單體~圈鐵~

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #11,119 of 31,833
I've got them. These are Aigo Moonlight Treasure Box H1 earphones. Thesy are the same as Estron/Timmkoo/Joyplus ES670/C670 and Podoor J50 from Amazon. I can say they are good, but there's nothing extraordinary in them. Clear pleasant sound with accented mids, bright highs and backgrounded bass. They are quite uncomfortable because of their incorrectly balanced weight. You feel how they move in your ears when you run or walk fast. Their surface is quite scratchable. I can't recommend them as outdoor earphones for daily usage. As to me, Xiaomi triples (QTEJ02JY) will be better choice for the price.
There were several Chinese reviews on ES670. And they were not positive:
http://www.head4.net/discuss_detail.php?ID=1257&FROMURL=hdiscuss&VTYPE=discuss&kind=1&dp=1
http://loveortruth.pixnet.net/blog/post/343133276-[開箱評測]宜思創-timmkoo-c670-雙單體~圈鐵~

So basically they sound about as good as they look?

May 30, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #11,122 of 31,833
9937907_m.jpg

I use these cheapo silicon hooks for my T2s and Comets and like them better than the memory wire. I just leave a couple loose inches out of the end

Kind of overloaded with stuff to choose from now, got to force myself to pare this down to a handful
I keep the ZS10s with the KZ BT adaptor hence the larger case

9937908_l.jpg

STill haven't figured out the Rose North Forests yet the Superlux HD 381Fs sound better to me both have non removable cables
9937909_l.jpg

a/b/c/d/e Test hub
9937911_l.jpg

May 30, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #11,123 of 31,833
9937907_m.jpg

I use these cheapo silicon hooks for my T2s and Comets and like them better than the memory wire. I just leave a couple loose inches out of the end

Kind of overloaded with stuff to choose from now, got to force myself to pare this down to a handful
I keep the ZS10s with the KZ BT adaptor hence the larger case

9937908_l.jpg

STill haven't figured out the Rose North Forests yet the Superlux HD 381Fs sound better to me both have non removable cables
9937909_l.jpg

a/b/c/d/e Test hub
9937911_l.jpg

i see Willsound, I like

May 30, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #11,124 of 31,833
Hey guys,

I'm just a newbie who have been lurking the thread for some time now. I have quite a few of the recommended earphones under KZ (eg. ATR, ZS1, ZST & more) and have enjoyed them thanks to the thread. My favorite is KZ ED3M/ED3C ACME! However, a year down after being my daily driver, I'm starting to hear lots of hissing noise coming from it. I would've wanted to make a direct replacement but it is currently being discontinued and prices are currently ridiculous for its quality.

I am willing to spend more, but may I know if anyone knows if there is a good upgrade for the exact same sound signature? I have been meaning to buy ZhiYin z5000 after hearing the reviews but is unsure whether I will actually like it - since there were many mixed comments.

Hope someone can help. I'd be mostly grateful. :grin:

May 30, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #11,125 of 31,833
As far as i know, HLSX is the company/ factory. Magaosi and Hilisening are both the brands by that company. I believe you know hlsx well wasn't it 3 years back since you first recommended it before Magaosi even come in to the scene haha "hlsx-808"
Wow, time fly's!...I still like their crisp signature sound.

May 30, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #11,126 of 31,833
Measurements of my favourite IEMs, someone may find it useful :wink:
Keep in mind this was done with cheap uncalibrated mic, so use this only for relative comparison between these.

from my most favourite to least one:
Evos Palais (modded)
Tinaudio T2
Blitzwolf ES1 (partially modded)
TFZ King

iem comparison.jpg

Evos are so far perfect for my taste, followed by T2, which has so far the best tuning out of the box that I´ve heard (only slightly sharp treble peak, so I have to use them with complys and some transpore tape would definitely help...).
Then amazing BW-ES1, which is nobrainer for $13 and can be brought closer to neutral by poking the front vent, 5kHz peak is more prominent after that and some more nozzle damping and smaller tips may be required, depends on taste ofc.. (in this measurement is my friends Blitzwolf, which has more bass).
Lastly TFZ King, which as the only one of these actually isolates outside noise, but because of that is too boomy for me, poking the vent would fix that, but I don´t want to mess with this expensive IEM, coz I will probably sell it (if anyone in EU is interested, you can PM me).

I am still amazed by Evos :) they are the most tonally accurate iem/headphone that I´ve heard - I´m using them with different Sony tips, measurement is with chinese complys just for easier comparison...

May 30, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #11,130 of 31,833
The ES670 design is "bold", I give them that.

Personally though, I think they're ugly as heck. Like having a face only a parent could love:

ugly baby 2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back