CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 28, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #11,101 of 31,833
oh, that's surprising. Since I've heard Audboss is now separate from Magaosi and doing their own thing, I assumed they were the main tuning labs. There's so many models being released I don't think anyone can keep track.

K5, I remember Hilisening had them first at their bulk-purchase site, then it got scattered around (though no idea if its all the same tuning or made to order by whoever rebranded them)

Yes, Hilisening is Magaosi. Same company.

And Audbos WAS the same company as Magaosi, but you are correct in now they are separate.

So confusing it's enough to make your head explode LOL

exploding head.gif

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #11,102 of 31,833
Can anyone here that has both the <banned brand> and the KZ ZSR's please give a brief comparison?
Any general information on either of them would be really good too.
I'm looking for a Somic V4 upgrade with neutral sound signature and excellent soundstage and separation. I mainly listen to rock, classical, jazz, metal, Psychedelic and electronic.
Thanks in advance

That 1st one is banned from discussion on HeadFi, so don't be surprised if no one gives you a comparison.

There is more info regarding the banned stores/brands in the link in my signature.

I would also suggest editing your post and removing the reference to the 1st one so it doesn't get reported and removed.

Cheers!

May 28, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #11,103 of 31,833
That 1st one is banned from discussion on HeadFi, so don't be surprised if no one gives you a comparison.

There is more info regarding the banned stores/brands in the link in my signature.

I would also suggest editing your post and removing the reference to the 1st one so it doesn't get reported and removed.

Cheers!
Thanks for the heads up, I removed the reference and will take a look at your link.

May 29, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #11,104 of 31,833
Final audio is on mad rampage to destroy western flagship iem...

They released the MAKE series

Make1

And

Make3

And those are said to be the ultimate flagship iem from final audio and is shaped normaly(well final makes weird shape iem).

Well KZ is going to launch the 6BA per side 12 driver iem

And they are broadcasting it in China like something crazy is going to come.

They are putting TV ads there, poster and ****..

Well, my spy team told me

@Slater

What is with akai mod thread man.....you getting famous over there and you didn't told me
Where'd you find the news on the MAKE series?

I can only imagine how expensive they will be...

May 29, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #11,106 of 31,833
May 29, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #11,107 of 31,833
OOOh right, I actually saw that on instagram aswell

Anyone know what they are going for?

its ongoing project currently running on makuake (japanese kickstarter stuff)
https://www.makuake.com/project/final/

<MAKE 1> × 1
■ General selling price: 59,800 yen
■ Enclosure: stainless steel / mirror finish
■ Driver: balanced armature type
■ Configuration: 3 drivers (Low × 2, High × 1)
■ Cable: Silver coat cable / MMCX Connector
+
<MAKE 2>
■ General selling price: 32,800 yen
■ Enclosure: stainless steel / gunmetal finish
■ Driver: Hybrid type (dynamic type + balanced armature type)
■ Configuration: 2 drivers (Low × 1, High × 1)
■ Cable: OFC black cable / MMCX connector
+
<MAKE 3>
■ General selling price: 16,800 yen
■ Enclosure: Stainless steel / matte black finish
■ Driver: Dynamic type
■ Configuration: 1 driver (full range)
https://www.makuake.com/investment/select/final/29435/
1rHmQ0-caHzSQk-utOttzKMRsyVcytKUjHnaSNj_j64TmKIbLZdSwb_Io9AKBpddFEjSkNvF3BoQ9AzOJA=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #11,109 of 31,833
oh, that's surprising. Since I've heard Audboss is now separate from Magaosi and doing their own thing, I assumed they were the main tuning labs. There's so many models being released I don't think anyone can keep track.

K5, I remember Hilisening had them first at their bulk-purchase site, then it got scattered around (though no idea if its all the same tuning or made to order by whoever rebranded them)
:point_right: Hilisening brand name belongs to Magaosi. :wink:

May 29, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #11,110 of 31,833
its ongoing project currently running on makuake (japanese kickstarter stuff)
https://www.makuake.com/project/final/

<MAKE 1> × 1
■ General selling price: 59,800 yen
■ Enclosure: stainless steel / mirror finish
■ Driver: balanced armature type
■ Configuration: 3 drivers (Low × 2, High × 1)
■ Cable: Silver coat cable / MMCX Connector
+
<MAKE 2>
■ General selling price: 32,800 yen
■ Enclosure: stainless steel / gunmetal finish
■ Driver: Hybrid type (dynamic type + balanced armature type)
■ Configuration: 2 drivers (Low × 1, High × 1)
+
<MAKE 3>
■ General selling price: 16,800 yen
■ Enclosure: Stainless steel / matte black finish
■ Driver: Dynamic type
■ Configuration: 1 driver (full range)
1rHmQ0-caHzSQk-utOttzKMRsyVcytKUjHnaSNj_j64TmKIbLZdSwb_Io9AKBpddFEjSkNvF3BoQ9AzOJA=w1000-no-tmp.jpg
Holy crap, that looks amazing. Too bad it ended; hopefully they sell them normally

May 29, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #11,111 of 31,833
Where'd you find the news on the MAKE series?

I can only imagine how expensive they will be...

Their insta page.

Well I should mention something very amazing going on.

I did m40x @solderdude, @c61746961 and @MadMax mods

Shure 940 pads

Shutting the center circle holes(4 holes and not the main centre hole, making a Helmholtz resonator to dampen treble)

Dynamat inside..

Fiberfil inside

And small vent cut to the housing.

Man this sounds crazy enough to blow the crap out of my pants.

@Slater

And I think I found my budget TOTL.

KZ es4 update.

It needs silver cable and 200hrs burn. It sounds way better than es4 and zst.

Quick and u-v ish signature. Good soundscape

And guys I researched and read in loudspeaker and headphone designing book that soundstage occurs when sound waves are struck all over the ear and not canal.

Soundstage is feeling of sound your brain interprets. Brain interprets soundstage as a space. And as mentioned by one guy here on the thread, that he feels soundstage getting lesser in room and bigger in open field is also due to brain interpretation. It interprets what you see and what waves are striking all over your ears(bone conduction along normal sound) and make a certain average of stage. This causes us to believe in stage.

Well, why open back have more stage?

Sennhuesser hd6xx series didn't had soundstage that big. For real soundstage..

1. You need bigger driver to move air to your ears(not only canals but everything)
2. Open back (complete like focal utopia)or something which can reduce the ear reflections.
3. Distance of driver.

HD650 didn't had anything to help with ear reflections so it sounded less wider compared to others.

Soundscape is function of sound which tells you the cumulative information of image and placement with timing.

And opening back of headphone doesn't effect soundstage but the mid range and treble which helps in soundscape(huge upgrade) as driver move more freely..

That is soundscape and not soundstage.

Soundstage is subjective analysis.

For some m50x is harsh and muddy, for some they are plain right amazing...

Soundscape is objective analysis about timing, speed etc.

So if somebody says that this iem has huge stage, it us wrong as iem don't contact your ear outer structure.

Well now why etymotic has near zero stage...is because it is tuned neutral as hell and triple flange acts as a anchor mass in our ear eliminating any micro bone conduction inside due the sound waves attacking the walls of our ear canal.

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #11,114 of 31,833
Got my TRN V60.

Before the short review: I have the TRN V20 and i love them. Perfect IEM for my needs: boosted, but firm bass, great mids and clear, but not piercing highs. I thought the TRN V60 would be the same signature, but better, so i preordered...

Boosted and uncontrolled bass, bleeding with lower mids, mids are muddy, can't understand vocals, guitars or keys and highs are totally subdued. If this is a WARM signature, I don't like it, but I like ATE that are dark and warm, ZS3 also that have huge boosted low mids, but arent muddy at all. V60 are a huge disappointment to me... Would like to return them to the seller and say: try again:wink:

If TRN V20 were a HIT, then these are a MISS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back