CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 10, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #9,046 of 31,833
I fixed a Fidelio S2 and a TX2 that has the same issues doing that a while back.

Apr 10, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #9,047 of 31,833
Thanks for the update but it sounds as the Z5000 might become another animal compared to their previous version?

Well, zhiyun was not able to calibrate the Tesla magic, so they are investing on better diaphragm, and better QC with fairly strong neodium

I guess most people would love to know... x3 is a little too exp for most of us..

So you really liked the x3 , i wonder how does it compares against the k3 pro and k5, i would love to know that if you can. Thanks

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #9,048 of 31,833
Well I love my fender, u18t way more than any chi fi....

Rose br5, pudding are also a hit.

Magaosi x3 blew me up recently, the sound quality is so awesome that it gave me goosebumps.

Well, its a complete Knowles magic and no chi fi armature.

Perfect bass and mids but a micro detail monster...

But it partially forgives low quality mp3

Which model of fender are you referring to?

Also, how would you place magaosi x3 comapred to rose br5/pudding?

Apr 10, 2018 at 6:10 AM Post #9,049 of 31,833
Although the Tin Audio T515 is my current favorite chi-fi ATM, I've recently also been using the Remax RM-610D ($10) for as long as three weeks and I thought I'd give you guys my impressions of them :)

rBa95EE.jpg
ICD8OLZ.jpg

ON BUILD, FIT, & ISOLATION:
I gotta say I'm a huge fan of this kind of design. It’s a very simple and practical design, while also being very fashionable and attractive in a modestly agreeable way. It’s also very comfortable to wear, and rests just perfectly in your ears without being too deep or too loose or prone to driver flex. Because of its design, noise isolation is fairly good and does a good job at eliminating background noises.

IMPRESSIONS ON SOUND QUALITY:
I'll have to admit that on first listen I was pretty unimpressed, the bass isn’t the deepest and the highs didn’t shine, and I thought it was just another averagely good chi-fi...... BUT I WAS WRONG! I found myself to be using the 610D quite more often than I had anticipated, considering that I already have two undeniably good pairs of chi-fi (read my signature) at my disposal. There are two reasons for this: the first being for its very transparent and well-defined mids. The Einsear T2 for example—though superior to the 610D in every way—predominantly struggles with some blurry, veiled, and poorly rendered details down in the mid region (500Hz-2000Hz); that is not to say that its mids are recessed, but generally the mids on the T2 seem blurred together (maybe due to too much resonance?) when compared to the more transparent distinguishable mids on the 610D. The second reason is due to its very forgiving balanced sound signature. The 610D is truly what they call “balanced” as the bass is lean and not at all boomy, and the highs are there but it’s so gentle and unobtrusive. I used to call the Einsear T2 “balanced”, but now my 610D makes the T2 sound undeniably v-shaped. And while the T2 was all about wholesome fun-ness, the 610D is about giving you a more sober and rational sound, without all the bells and whistles.

As for the 610Ds soundstage and imaging properties, it offers just that, but on a more basic level. Compared to the Einsear T2, Tin Audio T515, and KZ ED9, I found the soundstage to be more intimate with just enough space between instruments. Instrument placement is also fairly accurate. Imaging is decent too, but doesn’t give you that “3D” experience you’ll get with all the aforementioned IEMs.

VERDICT:
So in conclusion the Remax RM610D definitely goes on my top list of $5-10 budget chi-fi for actually offering a truly balanced sound along with some of the most articulate and well-tuned mids I’ve ever heard.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #9,050 of 31,833
I have fender fxA9 pro, which actually lend to my friend because he is a film producer.

Well Magaosi x3 was like....

Uuuhhhh

Take BR5, neutralise it, take some of its extension quirk on ultra treble and then take its soundstage on another level.

Using Jan Meier cross feed from Peace UI equaliser APO.

After tuning all iem with pink noise sample.
All will sound same, so I will compare other quirks.

Magaosi X3 speed, attack timing is fabulous and coherent.
Soundstage was a new experience and sound was not confined....well it didn't had walls.....like many instruments in open ground or orchestra playing for me.

BR5 sounded more quick and powerful

Why I equalised all the iem

Just to tell the technicalities.

Out of the box, these sounds awesome, so don't worry.

Well they sound like brainwavz b400 with more shimmer and finishing on treble and speed and power on bass side(but retaining its neutrality.)

Magaosi K5 are nothing compared to these.

K3 is not in competition

Br5 is quicker in slam, way cleaner mids and same treble presentation

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #9,052 of 31,833
how is the soundstage and instruments and vocals of the magaosi x3 sound like.. compared to the ibasso it01? magaosi x3 sounds interesting...

X3 is like.....neutral it01 with better depth and layering.

And from depth

It is depth of legendary Knowles CI driver..

And it is way way faster than it01.

Magaosi changed their game

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #9,053 of 31,833
I have 668B and 381F and they are certainly not equivalent in tonal balance.

You know, I gave your comment some real thought on my long drive home yesterday since what you said is kind of a head scratcher. While you're right they're not equivalent (I said what I said in an effort to make that comment short, which I probably should have explained since I'm explaining now), the 381s were warmer, I found them to be pretty close. I always thought, if you're looking for 668 in an IEM package, 381s are the way to go.

Aside from inherent differences in circumaural and IEM packages, which I figured a reasonable person would give leeway in that regard, I thought, there's gotta be more to what you're saying.

Then I remembered! I did do some slight mods on both that affect their sound. Do you have yours modded? I've got pad inserts on the 668, and Soundmagic PL30 tips (blast from the past huh?) for the 381 (wide bore opened them up and made them less warm).

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #9,055 of 31,833
Maybe you've dislodged the membrane out of position which is not entirely impossible given the driver flex reports surrounding IT01.
Here is a crazy thought - as a last resort I would try to fix it by doing this - you want to simulate rough ear insertion but not with your ears in order to protect them. I would put my mouth on an eartip and slowly build pressure as if you'd try to push/pull air through the IEM. This could provide an opposite effect to pushing them in your ear. Keep in mind that this might result in critical failure but I actually did fix an IEM with this method before (Auglamour RT-1, one side became quiet after inserting them and usually this fixes itself after a few seconds and the sound comes back, but one time it didn't and I did this to fix it). If you decide to do this, do it slowly and carefully and at some point you are going to hear the membrane crackling or driver flex, obviously a lot quieter then when in your ear.

The pressure/pulling build up must be done extremely slow because these membranes are so thin and fragile, you could damage a 50 times thicker membrane with the suction power of your mouth. Also, I'd first try to push air into it because a dislodged membrane has it's coil wires further away from the magnet than it should meaning and you'd want to push it back. When I did it, I had no idea what I was attempting so I did small push/pull movements and only some of them created membrane crackling sound.

It's a radical idea but one that worked for me once. Obviously, something else might be damaged and in that case all of this would be only a potential risk of damaging the membrane for no reason.
Thanks! Really helpful

I must admit that I never searched for driver flex... I heard the crackling noise when using the stock tips, but since I started to use the kz whirlwind, I could hear it more and more... in fact heard it today a lot and then puff, lol.

It's OK now, without trying that method, but if it happen again I will try to fix it myself.

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #9,056 of 31,833
Hum....I guess nobody check the reference list anymore. No wonder why I stop updating it. Anyway, there a review of the 381 done by me, was like my first find that I go crazy about. Loomy ''review'' is just non sens really, either he use wrong tips or have a defect 381 or a smarthphone as source....or god know what conspiracy theory.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/superlux-hd-381.14581/reviews#review-16131

Apro is kind of black or white sometime, don,t care about his reviews really....too minimalist, even if Yes, it can be a good introduction to IEM to look at and research about.
Old Minimalist Loomy is certainly prone to non sens, but stands by his conspiracy theory regarding the 381--they may very well sound better with eq or some magic tips or a better source, but to me wouldn't justify the effort--numerous cheaper pieces like the einsear, or boarseman kr49 or innumerable kzs have much better build and fit and, purely subjectively, sound much better. Vive le difference.

Apr 10, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #9,058 of 31,833
You know, I gave your comment some real thought on my long drive home yesterday since what you said is kind of a head scratcher. While you're right they're not equivalent (I said what I said in an effort to make that comment short, which I probably should have explained since I'm explaining now), the 381s were warmer, I found them to be pretty close. I always thought, if you're looking for 668 in an IEM package, 381s are the way to go.

Aside from inherent differences in circumaural and IEM packages, which I figured a reasonable person would give leeway in that regard, I thought, there's gotta be more to what you're saying.

Then I remembered! I did do some slight mods on both that affect their sound. Do you have yours modded? I've got pad inserts on the 668, and Soundmagic PL30 tips (blast from the past huh?) for the 381 (wide bore opened them up and made them less warm).

Can the 668B be used unmoded? Frankly, treble is so aggressive on them I doubt it. I have inserted some coffee filters layers to tame that on mine. As for the 381F I just use wide bore tips, nothing else. I haven't listened to either of them in a while though but I remember finding the 381F drivers to be a bit too slow and hence I understand fairly well what loomis says about them (and agree with him at least as far as listening to fast paced music with bass is concerned). Nonetheless they are very good for the price IMO.

Apr 10, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #9,059 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back