CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 4, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #8,671 of 31,833
So this ADEL tech is just an aperiodic vent where by using a vented membrane, they alter the resistance of flow through the vent. It seems to me lots of IEM these days have venting holes with membranes already, and some people modify them using micropore tape and similar materials and needles to enlarge the hole, or is there more to it?
There`s more to it - it`s the way that membrane acts and "equalizes" pressure. 64audio had nice indroduction video about it showing membrane action. You`ll find it if You search.
The "membranes" You talk about lot of IEMs having - most of them just use different kind and thickness (air flow passage) filter material. ADEL membranes act differently.

Apr 4, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #8,672 of 31,833
Ok, insane update from the BGVP DS1 v1 front, from the Audio&Video Professional Store on AliExpress.

With the deadline of shipment closing in, in six hours, I received a personal message that I shouldn’t be afraid and that they will certainly deliver the v1/ TN Forum version. I get the Ali push the BGVP is shipped.

Two hours later, they ask me for my PayPal account because ‘the package seems to has been lost on the way’.

Well... I won’t see this IEM anytime soon... fingers crossed I have better luck with the ZhiYin Z5000 I just ordered.

Oh man, that's some bad news right there. I'm really hoping Penon DS1s are pushing through.

Apr 4, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #8,673 of 31,833
Would somebody please summarize the BGVP DS1 story.

1. Where is the hype coming from? I can't find any competent reviews - where are they?
2. There are two versions, one called V1 and the other TN? What is the evidence for it - and inhowfar are they different?
3. Both versions are retailing at different prices at Penon? Can only find one model and one price there.
4. Where is the good deal here?

Thanks!
Perhaps @DarkZenith could give a better explanation cause he's at the heart of all this mess from over at Tellementnomade.org :wink:.
Jokes apart it was a situation created by Penonaudion and DZ as usual managed to sort it out for everybody.

Apr 4, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #8,674 of 31,833
Perhaps @DarkZenith could give a better explanation cause he's at the heart of all this mess from over at Tellementnomade.org :wink:.
Jokes apart it was a situation created by Penonaudion and DZ as usual managed to sort it out for everybody.

Hoping to see some detailed reviews about DS1, specifically the TN version very soon. :nerd:

Apr 4, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #8,675 of 31,833
I just cant decide which iems to get :triportsad:

I really want something that goes in the direction of a HE-500 soundwise.

KZ ZS6 - I am afraid these could be to bright for me.
TRN V20 - Not enough information, sound Interesting tho.
FEN-2000 - Cable is very thin, I really dont like that

Am I stuck forever in an undecided state?
T2 Audio

Apr 4, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #8,677 of 31,833
I bought it for the same price in the sale, even though I'm not really all that sure if they will send the right version. The shipment deadline is nearing now, and I have not heard from them again... we'll see.

The Lker i8 was in my shopping cart during the sale too, selling for around 31 dollar indeed. I've decided not to buy them with the Yersen already in my collection and the T2 still upcoming.

They told me they wouldn't have them for another 10 to 14 days so don't hold your breath.

Just noticed your later post. It looks as though they're not being honest with you as they blatantly told me the above and suggested I should cancel the order.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #8,678 of 31,833
Hoping to see some detailed reviews about DS1, specifically the TN version very soon.
The BGVP DS1 "TN forum" is a dark and bassy version of those IEMs. If you want a clear and strident sound sig, with plenty of sibilances, more forward mids and a wider soundstage, go for the other one, the so-called "DS1" on Penon Audio. (Not my fetish but some like it like that on TN, YMMV and so on...)

Apr 4, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #8,679 of 31,833
The BGVP DS1 "TN forum" is a dark and bassy version of those IEMs. If you want a clear and strident sound sig, with plenty of sibilances, more forward mids and a wider soundstage, go for the other one, the so-called "DS1" on Penon Audio. (Not my fetish but some like it like that on TN, YMMV and so on...)
Wait, the TN Forum Version was the one with the incredible soundstage right? Now you’re telling it’s the newer one?

I don’t get it anymore. I’m totally skipping this thing. :p

Apr 4, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #8,680 of 31,833

Okay, I think I get the gist. Basically TN forum is dark and the other version is bright, right? The next question is where can I surely get the "TN Forum" version?

Apr 4, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #8,681 of 31,833
Wait, the TN Forum Version was the one with the incredible soundstage right? Now you’re telling it’s the newer one?

I don’t get it anymore. I’m totally skipping this thing. :p
Well, TN forum version soundstage is still the most "incredible" for me : I prefer immersive soundstages with good imaging and accurate focalization to larger-than-life ones with blurry sources positioning and a shallow center.

where can I surely get the "TN Forum" version?
Penon Audio.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #8,682 of 31,833
Well, TN forum version soundstage is still the most "incredible" for me : I prefer immersive soundstages with good imaging and accurate focalization to larger-than-life ones with blurry sources positioning and a shallow center.

Penon Audio.

Okay, Penon Audio it is. Thanks for the help. :grin:

Apr 4, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #8,683 of 31,833
Ok, insane update from the BGVP DS1 v1 front, from the Audio&Video Professional Store on AliExpress.

With the deadline of shipment closing in, in six hours, I received a personal message that I shouldn’t be afraid and that they will certainly deliver the v1/ TN Forum version. I get the Ali push the BGVP is shipped.

Two hours later, they ask me for my PayPal account because ‘the package seems to has been lost on the way’.

Well... I won’t see this IEM anytime soon... fingers crossed I have better luck with the ZhiYin Z5000 I just ordered.

They shipped Mine with this ambigous message, that does'nt assure me what they shipped.

IMG_20180404_092743.jpg

I am annoyng them so much LOL.

I had to appeal for the ali emoji so the seller don't hate me

Screenshot_2018-04-04-09-27-57-517_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

Next Step is to use "My dear".

Apr 4, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #8,684 of 31,833
Well everyone is in confused state right now.

Well TN version is v1 according to some and v2 according to some guys..

Well I think penon lot is mixed..

Ask them to check the sound....clean the eartip and ship it to us.

For doubts on ADEL.

Simply, it is a membrane positioned between intersecting and parallel to the pressure load or routed in custom iem or 64audio.

Well, it simply does something between closed and open front vent iem without boosting bass or increasing treble.

When sound gets to your eardrum, the drums move according to frequency, well

1st thing it does

Acts as a pressure pass....the pressure is in push pull. So your ear drum produces pull push..when sound diaphragm moves forward, your eardrum moves back and vice versa.

It just takes the load from when your ear goes toward outside position. When driver gets backward, your ear moves outward acting as a microspeaker. If the iem is closed...it leads to build up pressure.. But this extra diaphragm takes the pressure load and is relieved at a port behind membrane(keeping isolation).

Second thing it does is same, but not the ears, but with speaker itself.

It takes some of pressure from speaker...lowering the dB at pressure area of frequency (sort of a filter)....the dB loss is actually inaudible but is good in health point of view.

Third thing is

It cancel the eardrum produced sound and speaker sound on the membrane itself(with slight phase shift due to eardrum distance and driver distance to diaphragm on adel). Which leads the diaphragm to balance out only extra frequency produced by ear and the slight phase shifts.(which makes the adel life way longer than many other tech). This thing helps the eardrum to be at its natural position, helps in with the people with ringing issues, hear loss, frequent headaches etc.

Well this is simple explaination

Apr 4, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #8,685 of 31,833
They told me they wouldn't have them for another 10 to 14 days so don't hold your breath.

Just noticed your later post. It looks as though they're not being honest with you as they blatantly told me the above and suggested I should cancel the order.

Holy crap. Mine has just shipped. I think i am going to end with V2...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back