CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 3, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #8,641 of 31,833
I was considering getting them, but it's too risky with the new version coming out. Just like all this BGVP DS1 business, there's no telling which version you would get, which version is better, what changes they made, if they're even using the Tesla driver in the new version, etc.
When will the new version be released?

Apr 3, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #8,642 of 31,833
Wow, you really can’t stop raving about them! Aw men, I already have five pairs coming my way...
Wow, 5 pairs? I would have ordered one pair to try em out first

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #8,643 of 31,833
When will the new version be released?
Quoting myself:
I was told by the hot-fi seller that they would start selling a new version of the z5000. He told me they would finish producing by February 1st, and I assume they would need to wait to get it shipped so I believe that anyone who bought a pair of Z5000s after the first week of February would get the new version.

I bought mine before as I was afraid of a zs5 situation where the v2 would be worse.

Apr 3, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #8,644 of 31,833
Wow, 5 pairs? I would have ordered one pair to try em out first
Haha no! I meant five different IEM’s already - see my signature.

However: I just took the guess for 32 euro/ 37 dollar. :)

About the new version from feb 1: the reviews given in march are still full of praise.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #8,645 of 31,833
There’s one for 33 euros on Ali and one for nearly 50. Are they different?

That's the old vs new one.

No clue what's different or which is better. I just learned that there IS a different version myself.

Apr 3, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #8,646 of 31,833
Haha no! I meant five different IEM’s already - see my signature.

However: I just took the guess for 32 euro/ 37 dollar. :)

About the new version from feb 1: the reviews given in march are still full of praise.
Id love to know what you think of the FEN-2000 vs the Tin T2 (when you get them) I was going to go for the FEN-2000 but went for the T2 in the end

Apr 3, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #8,647 of 31,833
Heard a lot of good things about the T2. That's my next target after the DS1. But read some comments as well that DS1 and T2 have almost the same sound sig? Maybe I won't have the itch to purchase the T2 after the I finally get the DS1? We'll see.

I bought it for the same price in the sale, even though I'm not really all that sure if they will send the right version. The shipment deadline is nearing now, and I have not heard from them again... we'll see.

The Lker i8 was in my shopping cart during the sale too, selling for around 31 dollar indeed. I've decided not to buy them with the Yersen already in my collection and the T2 still upcoming.

Apr 3, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #8,648 of 31,833
That's the old vs new one.

No clue what's different or which is better. I just learned that there IS a different version myself.
The cheaper one I just bought appears to be branded as Hotfi, the more expensive one as Nicehck.

Apr 3, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #8,649 of 31,833
There’s one for 33 euros on Ali and one for nearly 50. Are they different?
I buy one pair from each seller and both are the same.

I was considering getting them, but it's too risky with the new version coming out. Just like all this BGVP DS1 business, there's no telling which version you would get, which version is better, what changes they made, if they're even using the Tesla driver in the new version, etc.
Yeah....hum, that a VERY frustrating phenomenon really....don't understand why they do this, whats the point? Call it a new name or something but keep the first version, especially if it sound good and people like it like the Z5000. Will ask Hotfi about this, but sometime I'm not even sure new version mean different sound....perhaps its a communication problem in this case and they mean they will produce a new batch of earphones. I still not have digest the KZ ZS5 second version story....and now the BGVP DS1 make me confuse too, I was thinking giving it a try but at 50$ I don't take risk anymore, especially when If the new version can be more trebly.

Apr 3, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #8,650 of 31,833
I buy one pair from each seller and both are the same.

Yeah....hum, that a VERY frustrating phenomenon really....don't understand why they do this, whats the point? Call it a new name or something but keep the first version, especially if it sound good and people like it like the Z5000. Will ask Hotfi about this, but sometime I'm not even sure new version mean different sound....perhaps its a communication problem in this case and they mean they will produce a new batch of earphones. I still not have digest the KZ ZS5 second version story....and now the BGVP DS1 make me confuse too, I was thinking giving it a try but at 50$ I don't take risk anymore, especially when If the new version can be more trebly.
I guess it has to do with the (limited) availability of parts in Shenzhen, with all those manufacturers buying drivers and connectors in the same malls - right? That’s what I’m getting from videos describing how Shenzhen works.

Oh and... good that they’re the same! :)

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #8,651 of 31,833
The cheaper one I just bought appears to be branded as Hotfi, the more expensive one as Nicehck.

That's just a different seller.

The brand is Zhiyin.

It's like buying a Coca-Cola at "Jim's Convenient Store" for $1 and another at $2.25 at "Super Fresh Market". It's still a Coca-Cola - the only difference is different sellers selling for different prices.

Apr 3, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #8,652 of 31,833
@CoiL
@Slater

Just check asius ADEL paper.(poster format)

If we are able to make consumer ADEL merge into our favourite IEM..... Then soundstage will open up immensely.
Any link to that? I read sometime ago about 64audio ADEL membranes but don`t remember where...

Apr 3, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #8,653 of 31,833
Heard a lot of good things about the T2. That's my next target after the DS1. But read some comments as well that DS1 and T2 have almost the same sound sig? Maybe I won't have the itch to purchase the T2 after the I finally get the DS1? We'll see.
Which T2. We've got to throw in the manufacturer name when mentioning these guys. One is a dirt cheap tiny but sounds surprisingly good and you can sleep with them and the other is a larger nicely neutral sounding $50 surprise.

Apr 3, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #8,654 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back