CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 28, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #8,251 of 31,833
@DarkZenith Is there any way to ask for Penon to replace the DS1 V2 with V1 (I heard penon usually just ask the buyer to destroy V2 and then they send out V1), but my friend who bought after Feb and before TN Forum ver (V1) went up on the site got this email regarding the return:

Dear friend. Yes,you can also return it for exchange. But it would much more convenient if you pay half of the price to buy the V1 directly (earphones only,not including cable and accessories) .As you know,you have to pay the return shipping and we have to wait until received your returned earphones. It is up to you of course. Please just keep in touch with us and we are sure we will resolve this soon . Best regards!

Its a bit annoying when he have to pay the return shipping when their side messed up. He just wants the DS1 V1.

Mar 28, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #8,252 of 31,833
@DarkZenith Is there any way to ask for Penon to replace the DS1 V2 with V1 (I heard penon usually just ask the buyer to destroy V2 and then they send out V1), but my friend who bought after Feb and before TN Forum ver (V1) went up on the site got this email regarding the return:

Dear friend. Yes,you can also return it for exchange. But it would much more convenient if you pay half of the price to buy the V1 directly (earphones only,not including cable and accessories) .As you know,you have to pay the return shipping and we have to wait until received your returned earphones. It is up to you of course. Please just keep in touch with us and we are sure we will resolve this soon . Best regards!

Its a bit annoying when he have to pay the return shipping when their side messed up. He just wants the DS1 V1.
I don't think they messed up. BGVP messed up. Penon contacted me to fix the issue as soon as they knew it. You can read their mails on TN : http://tellementnomade.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=19865&start=75#p582691 . I did'nt even have to ask them anything.
And to anwser your question : you can ask, of course, but the deal with Penon was as described by them to your friend. Either he sends the V2 back to them at his expense or he can buy V1 without any accessory for half the price. That's it and I think it's a pretty fair solution.

Mar 28, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #8,254 of 31,833
No problem :D though I'd recommend refraining from buying the ZS3 (and/or maybe the ZSR) on AliExpress even during its anniversary sale if you are willing to wait; the Gearbest discount thread that George from Gearbest updates considerably often has had the ZS3 sold as cheap as $2.99 USD!!!
That is an insane price, even for so much mid-bass bleed! :p

Mar 28, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #8,255 of 31,833
I don't think they messed up. BGVP messed up. Penon contacted me to fix the issue as soon as they knew it. You can read their mails on TN : http://tellementnomade.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=19865&start=75#p582691 . I did'nt even have to ask them anything.
And to anwser your question : you can ask, of course, but the deal with Penon was as described by them to your friend. Either he sends the V2 back to them at his expense or he can buy V1 without any accessory for half the price. That's it and I think it's a pretty fair solution.
Guys, this is awesome! Just found out the Audio&Video Professional Store on AliExpress also sells the BGVP DS1 v1 in their store, and they currently have it discounted on Ali for 34 euros. All you have to do is ask when you order.

Very curious as to how they sound!

(Sorry for two posts in a row, won't do it again. :wink:)

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #8,257 of 31,833
picked up during the sale the LKER i8, Yersen FEN 2000, and TIN Audio T2 STill want to check out the BGVP DS1 but it wasn't on sale so no rush
I think that will complete my tour of ChiFi offerings
Hard to believe it all started less than a month ago with my discovery of the MonkPlus for my V30 as I was initially targeting over ears like the Beyerdynamic 770 Pros (250), the Monoprice 1st Gen Monolith, ATH 40X, Mass Drop Sennheiser 6XX, and Fostex T50RP.

I can probably put all the ChiFi IEMs I've got since the Monks into the monster case I had to buy for the 770Pros.

So far I think I have a pretty good selection to listen to starting with the KZ ATEs I got a couple years ago

Since then its been the following path:

Future Sonics EM3
MEE Electronics A151P
Koss KSC75
Fiio EX1
1More Triple
Fiio F9

Monk Plus
SoundMagic E80s
Monk Plus IE Kit (Biggie/Smalls)
KZ ATR
KZ ZSE
KZ ZS3
Shozy Hibiki

So far out of the box I prefer the Hibiki's, Monks. ZS3s. and MEE A151Ps
The Monks really blew me away as earphones and not IEMs Reminds me of the KSC75 just way better
They make my V30 come alive

Some have way too much treble or way to boomy bass
I need to burn in them all and give them another try

Funny that the 1more triples did not impress me like they have everyone else

most of my ChiFi choices were based off this website and others, so thanks as you never hear of any of the standard sites give time to "alternative" options other than the name brands

My DAPs still need work but I have the Fiio III gen 1 and 2, the Cowan PlenueD, a Blackberry Playbook, and iPod Classic Gen 5.5, HiDiz AP60
I'm amping with Electric Avenues(HiDiz) , Fiio A5 (iPod) . xDuoo (iPod) and Topping NX1S (PlenueD)

Mar 28, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #8,259 of 31,833
Less than two hours before the AliExpress Anniversary sale starts in my timezone... now I can't decide between the Yersen FEN-2000 or the KZ ZSR as the V-shape tuned IEM I wish to buy, both around $25 CAD. Can anyone tell me which one of the two (or account for just one if they have them) is more... "deeply V-shaped" in their tuning if that makes sense?

Also, for owners of the FEN-2000 willing to answer further:
- I've seen reports of people having trouble pulling the included MMCX cables (particularly the right one) out of the IEMs. How hard has it been to detach the IEMs from different cables?
- Any breakage reports of the included MMCX cables already? I'm not exactly the most careful with my IEMs, I'll admit, and while I'm planning on buying a KZ MMCX cable (hopefully not 2 stranded/knotted throughout its entire length like the last KZ MMCX cable I bought lol, some "manufacturing error" that was... the blasted thing ended up breaking after 3 days), I worry that I may burn through those 3 quickly...

And for owners of the KZ ZSR willing to answer further:
- Darned rookie question, but does KZ's silver-plated cable for the ZS3/5/6 fit the ZSR as well? I've only owned the ZS3/5 out of all of KZ's 2-pin cable IEMs
- Did you find the mids more prominent on the ZSR than the ZS5? The mids were too recessed with my ZS5, to my ears

It's really silly for me to be suddenly barging in with all these questions before such a hyped-up event... I'm sorry :frowning2:
While I experienced the issues others have described detaching the FEN-2000 cables from the IEMs, the FEN-2000 cables have no issues with other IEMs I've tried them with, and other cables have no issues with the FEN-2000 IEMs. I did have one of the jack sleeves at the 3.5mm end come off of one of the cables, but I ended up re-terminating.

Mar 28, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #8,261 of 31,833
Just received my Brainwavz b100 today after 76 days.

I'm trying to decipher the sound of these. Very different to everything that i have right now. Vocals sound very different than the e-mi that was resting on the table. BEFORE listening i tought in seeling these to get bgvp ds1. But... They fit so perfecly in my ear, It looks like they were made for me, so, i am defnitely keeping these. Guitars on the following brazillian psychodelic rock band sound(take a listen) AWESOME.

The perfect fit

Now, for the People that have them. Could you help me understand the signature of these ? They are so different than the other ones i have. Are they warm but at the same time super detailed and with an amazing airy stage ? I never Would expect this sound from a single ba. They are so much less hard on highs than the e-mi that i have. Very, Very different. The stereo is also amazing.

Listening to Pearly of radiohead... Jesus, guitars at the end of the music sound so TASTEFUL. I never heard guitars in that way before. Addictive. The sound carry a delicious warm punch while letting the details fly throught.

You have a textbook example of a single BA armature driver in your ears. A relatively new breed. The B100 can best be described as fluid, coherent, and homogeneous sounding. A very informative review is on headflux.de (use the Google translate browser extension).

I'd say the B100 is a great, very enjoyable earphone at a good price. I also love mine.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #8,263 of 31,833
I'll hold out if I can get a deal like that. Do you have a link to the thread?

That is an insane price, even for so much mid-bass bleed! :p

I'm sorry, you two... I messed up there on the pricing; the ZS3 has been discounted to $4.99 USD previously on that thread. I confused that with the KZ 2-pin silver cable (angled and straight), as well as the KZ EDR2, which I bought for $2.99 USD (almost $4 CAD) using its discounts. The thread has also offered the KZ 2-pin bluetooth (angled and straight) cable for the same price :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back