CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 4, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #7,577 of 31,833
I'm filling both vent holes with epoxy (to seal them),
Epoxy is too messy imo. I usually just use gel super-glue, fast and clean.
...then drilling new vent holes right next to the original holes (then I wont have to deal with the tuning mesh at all). I can control the hole sizes with micro drill bits (which you can find on Aliexpress). The drill bit method is precise, consistent, and repeatable.
The drill bit sets are only $2-$3usd (for a set of 10 assorted bits). Plus they're made of tungsten steel, so they will last a very long time (especially with plastic IEM shells). As far as sizes, they're available in extremely small sizes and in very small increments (ie 0.1mm, 0.2mm, 0.25mm, 0.3mm, 0.35mm, 0.4mm, 0.45mm, 0.5mm, 0.55mm 0.6mm, 0.7mm, 0.8mm, 0.9mm, 1.0mm, 1.1mm, 1.2mm, 1.3mm, etc.
While It is good and more reliable method, I think it is still quite dangerous and You need to drill with very slow rpm holding shell upside-down to avoid plastic residue getting into membrane chamber. I`ve done it but prefer fine-tuning port hole with fabrics and other materials.
I have made special needle pins and use thin sticky-paper into what I poke holes - gives me faster and easier method to test out different configurations and driver tunebility potential. After that, I usually go for wood - some bits CNC, some bits pure handwork :wink:
It's all @CoiL's fault - he got me started down the rabbit hole of modding insanity LOL
Sorry for that!

Btw, will try to finish my best sounding IEM ZS5v1 mod this week.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #7,578 of 31,833
Epoxy is too messy imo. I usually just use gel super-glue, fast and clean.

Well, honestly I use UV activated glue (LazerBond), which is far easier, faster, and superior to every other adhesive I’ve ever tried.

While It is good and more reliable method, I think it is still quite dangerous

Ah, no worries; danger is my middle name lol

Mar 4, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #7,579 of 31,833
Under 10$

KZ ate
Panasonic hje120
Koss the plug
Philips she 3580
Monoprice 8320
KZ edr1
KZ zse
KZ zs3 after slater mod

Under 20$

KZ es3(better than zst, after ageing)
Kz zs5 in offer
Bgvp dn1 and its side alternative brand
Memt x5
Blitzwolf mod

Under 30$

KZ zsr with ostry tips red
Kz zs6 foam tips
Yersen fe2000
Tenmak pro equalised
Urban HiFi (both)
Tin audio t515

Under 40$

TinAudio T1(this sounds like Dita truth edition when equalised with piccolonamek guide and then increasing slight treble)

Tingker tk200
KZ zsr with upgrade SPC cable and ostry tips
Xiaomi in ear pro HD
Superlux IEM
TFZ galaxy t1

Under 50$

TinAudio t2
Zhiyun z5000
TFZ series 2

Well now names of ultra class under 150$

BGVP ds1
TFZ series 4
TFZ exclusive 3
TFZ exclusive king
IBasso it01

Simgot en700pro
TFZ king pro

Hifiboys os v3

hey can tfz galaxy t1 and tfz exclusive 3 keep up with tfz series 4 and tfz king pro ... what are differences between them I am interest in the tfz galaxy t1 and tfz exclusive 3... how is the subbas and bass and soundstage on them thanks

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #7,581 of 31,833
Well, honestly I use UV activated glue (LazerBond), which is far easier, faster, and superior to every other adhesive I’ve ever tried.
Oh, I thought You were talking about some epoxy resin that You need to mix and work fast (messy). I use wurth gel-superglue in 20g tube which is quite cheap compared to 6g tube which costs about 2/3 of bigger 20g tube. I have about 20-30sec time to calmly use it and it dries with about 30sec. For me easiest and cheapest way but each to his own tricks :wink:

Mar 4, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #7,582 of 31,833
The 2nd best audio deal of the millennium was the UiiSii CM5 for $8.99 (I'm starting to sound like a broken record with the CM5 lol). If you like the EDR2's sound, you'll LOVE the CM5.

I ran across these on e-earphone Japan, selling for the equivalent of $50 USD:
1_000000165594.jpg

Mar 4, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #7,583 of 31,833
I ran across these on e-earphone Japan, selling for the equivalent of $50 USD:
1_000000165594.jpg

Wow, $50! That's quite a markup from the UiiSii CM5!

Shelly HR-5000, eh? Interesting name. They do look like a shell (or a 'bunch of bananas in your ear' as another member pointed out) :)

Mar 4, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #7,585 of 31,833
I have received my first batch on chi-fi iems including QKZ DM1, DM9, DM7, Plextone X41M and UiiSii C100.
Having had a bit of a listen through all of them with some Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Boccelli, Josh Groban and Daft Punk, the best bang for the buck seems to be the UiiSii C100s. They were the cheapest at under $3 USD as well.
There isnt too much to them, really basic build, but sound great and I am able to sleep with them in as well.
Looking forward to receiving the rest of my orders.

Mar 5, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #7,587 of 31,833
Welcome to the club, glad you like them :)

If you want a little more towards the neutral side get the EDR2. Otherwise, if you're happy with the EDR1 (especially the sub bass), stick with another EDR1 as a backup pair before they're all gone forever and become myth and legend like the ZS1 v1.

I'm in agreement - $4 and change is the audio deal of the millennium!

The 2nd best audio deal of the millennium was the UiiSii CM5 for $8.99 (I'm starting to sound like a broken record with the CM5 lol). If you like the EDR2's sound, you'll LOVE the CM5.

What's the difference between CM5 and Blitzwolf though? Since both are graphene.

Mar 5, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #7,589 of 31,833
The seller shipped at last my yersen fen-2000 now waiting begins.. Hope i get my iems soon so that i give my impressions here .. Wel the Chinese new year comes with slowdowns .. But they are speeding up now nice progress

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back