CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 4, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #6,631 of 31,833
HAHA!! I won!! So, there's this website called https://hot-china-dealz.com/ where you can sometimes find coupons and stuff. They had a KZ ZSR drawing/giveaway and I won!! :L3000: <-- me with my new ZSR's when they arrive.

KZ ZSR Hybrid HiFi Earphones Giveaway Entry

Hey _________,

You won! Congratulations!
Just give us your complete adress.

Thanks a lot!

Wow, congrats!

Let us know how you like them once they arrive!

Feb 4, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #6,633 of 31,833
Otto, how would you compare the EDR 1 to the UrbanFun Hybrid? You make a good case to buy the EDR but I don´t want "more of the same" if you know what I mean. TIA.
The UF cost four times as much and are very good. The EDR2 sound different and are obviously not "better".
I have both and don't regret either purchase. And I use the EDR2 more often.
You have to decide for yourself whether you like a selection.

Feb 4, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #6,634 of 31,833
can't say about z5000 and the zs6, but i have the king and T2. The T2 has a more leaner and cleaner mids and highs, also more focused on the sub bass, while the King also compliments the bass with more forward and impactful midbass, resulting in more punchier overall preaentation (T2 is more laid back). King also has thicker soundstage, while the T2 is more "blacker" blackground and more spaced staging.
Sorry...but which is the "king" ?

Feb 4, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #6,635 of 31,833
Quite the contrary, I love EQ. It's great for squeezing the most out of your purchases, vs just continuously flushing money down the toilet always looking for the "perfect" sound.

Now, I agree that I'd rather have gear that sounds the way I want without having to resort to EQ as a band-aid. But what would you rather have - an IEM you love (fit, build quality, micro details, separation, etc) and can tweak it a few dB and use the crap out of it and enjoy, or one that just sits in a drawer gathering dust because you don't want to EQ it a few dB?

I find one of the best uses for EQ is tweaking treble. Rolled off treble is so common with a lot of gear, and yet so easy to fix with EQ. Or bump midrange a few dB to help with your favorite headphones for movie watching. A bump of a couple of dBs is usually all that's needed.

And it's so easy with something like Rockbox, which allows you to make changes to a custom EQ profile, and then save that profile to the name of your headphone.

It's also handy when modding gear - you can A/B modded vs stock gear, and if you are unsure of the frequency changes your mods did you can use EQ on the stock gear to find out exactly what frequency was affected and about how much.

I'm 100% supporter in the power of EQ.

And yes, I know that cutting EQ is better than boosting EQ, as well as all of the other anti-EQ arguments. I say forget the naysayers - to each his own. Try it for yourself, and you may like it or hate it. What do you have to lose?

Dear Slater: Fully Agree ! With what player do you use Rockbox ? Thanks !

Feb 4, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #6,636 of 31,833
Feb 4, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #6,637 of 31,833
You make a good case to buy the EDR but I don´t want "more of the same" if you know what I mean. TIA.

Like a lot of ChiFI, they would be a side grade to a lot of IEMs we already own. It's not like they're going to crush or take the place of other IEMs.

They are just a dirt cheap option for a great clean sounding IEM to add to a collection (or keep as a backup IEM, or spare pair for your gym bag, glove box, school bag, etc).

And if you are new to ChiFi or the KZ brand, are are looking for a good recommendation to start your ChiFi journey (or are on an extreme budget or whatever), they are an easy "no-brainer" recommendation.

Feb 4, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #6,638 of 31,833
Dear Slater: Fully Agree ! With what player do you use Rockbox ? Thanks !

I use Rockbox on my Sansa Clip+, xduoo X3, and iPod Classic 5.5 with 128GB SSD upgrade.

Although between all 3 players, I use the xduoo X3 the most due to the storage capacity (512GB) and best sound.

It is nice to have consistent firmware on all of the devices though. Anyone who has owned an iPhone can attest that it's very convenient and comfortable to be able to pick up any device from an iPod Touch to an iPhone X and have basically the same OS, nearly identical functionality, etc. Obviously hardware is different, but the point is that it's ONE OS to learn, ONE OS I can share non-music files between (playlists, settings, etc). It's very convenient.

Feb 4, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #6,639 of 31,833
Hi guys!
My daily IEM, Tennmak Crazy Cello, stoped working and I'd like to replace them!
My budget is around $50 so what would you recommend? I like my Crazy Cello, but the bass is sometimes a little bit too strong.
Detachable cables would be a plus (2 pin or MMCX).
I've been looking at the Tin Audio T2 but I haven't come to the forum in a while so more option could have appeared.

Thank you!

Feb 4, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #6,640 of 31,833
Hi guys!
My daily IEM, Tennmak Crazy Cello, stoped working and I'd like to replace them!
My budget is around $50 so what would you recommend? I like my Crazy Cello, but the bass is sometimes a little bit too strong.
Detachable cables would be a plus (2 pin or MMCX).
I've been looking at the Tin Audio T2 but I haven't come to the forum in a while so more option could have appeared.

Thank you!
You absolutely cannot go wrong with the T2. They’re an amazing <$50 IEM for sure.

Feb 4, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #6,644 of 31,833
I would like to recommend another cheapo: the Inpher Fuqing B-2, for which I paid $3.19 incl. shipping.
It is built well (half metal, half plastic) and has an attractive orange cable...but no microphone or remote.

The Fuqing are as good as the name implies. They have an astonishable depth, unbelievable mids, normal treble and rather a strong bass. That bass is not even particularly unfocussed, just really strong.

The Fuqing are some of the bestselling earphones on ali and deservedly so.

And yes, you can really use them for listening to music, especially if you like bass.

Another no brainer at $3.19.

Inpher FUQING B-2 - Review | ThePhonograph.net.jpg

Feb 4, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #6,645 of 31,833
Agree on the blu tack but I'd recommend exploring with micropore tape and front vent, no harm can be done.
OK, micropore tape can't do much harm. The danger is downgrading an audiophile-tuned earphone at a low price into a $20 V-shaped monster. The bass it comes with is perfectly normal. If you want a strong bass, buy a $20 V-shaped monster and save your money. Or get the Fuqing for $3.19.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back