CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 29, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #6,436 of 31,833
TinAudio T2 arrived, the updated version (just mentioning because additional tips suck as much the old ones :D). Beautiful looking and feeling, sturdy and well built. Isolation is minimal, there is no pressure in the canal regardless of tips (foam, spinfit and bunch of silicone and rubber), it's like they are semi open back IEMs.

So far they have been really enjoyable, details and clarity for days, regardless of price honestly. Quite neutral sounding without recessed vocals like so many IEMs have, T2 is perhaps a step towards earbud experience in terms of mid range which is impressive at this price. Sound stage is average for today's budget IEMs, it doesn't feel cramped up but this is exactly the area where flatter tonality can shine if given the space, bit of a missed chance for T2 and I'd pay three times as much for this tonality with better sound stage. Bass is unpredictable, usually reference-like down to the sub bass and sometimes thinner than optimal, impact is ok at best. A rounded sound presentation all things considered, very very solid.

I already tried to compare them to Auglamour RT-1 which isn't easy, they both sound weird when directly switching and require couple of minutes so that your hearing adjusts a bit. Based on reviews, I expected T2 to be easily better but that isn't the case. T2 is cleaner in the mid range and treble, with more details and more transparent, but RT-1 stands proudly under T2 in these areas because it already has a respectable amount of them plus a better bass response (even if it's north of neutral by a solid amount and I dislike this, gotta give credit where credit is due) + RT-1 also has a slightly wider stage while isolating like a champ. For me, RT-1 almost always represents a song worse than T2 more or less because I value T2's virtues a lot, but sometimes RT-1 hits a right note so to speak.

In the end, both of these are spectacular and reproduce very well rounded sounds with minimal trade offs. Picking Auglamour for commute though, no questions about that.

now i'm really curious what is the direct upgrade to the T2, because i really love the sound signature

Jan 29, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #6,437 of 31,833
Are you comparing the zsr to the zs5 v1 or V2.
I will if I got time...so much IEM....so obsess by Z5000 too....so much IEM& DAP & earbuds & headphones waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!
200.gif

Jan 30, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #6,439 of 31,833
what tips do you use with the z5000?

Mustly use aliexpress memory foam tips these days, quite addict to more tigh and controled soundsignature, soundstage still strangely is impressive too!

Jan 30, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #6,440 of 31,833
TinAudio T2 arrived, the updated version (just mentioning because additional tips suck as much the old ones :D). Beautiful looking and feeling, sturdy and well built. Isolation is minimal, there is no pressure in the canal regardless of tips (foam, spinfit and bunch of silicone and rubber), it's like they are semi open back IEMs.

So far they have been really enjoyable, details and clarity for days, regardless of price honestly. Quite neutral sounding without recessed vocals like so many IEMs have, T2 is perhaps a step towards earbud experience in terms of mid range which is impressive at this price. Sound stage is average for today's budget IEMs, it doesn't feel cramped up but this is exactly the area where flatter tonality can shine if given the space, bit of a missed chance for T2 and I'd pay three times as much for this tonality with better sound stage. Bass is unpredictable, usually reference-like down to the sub bass and sometimes thinner than optimal, impact is ok at best. A rounded sound presentation all things considered, very very solid.

I already tried to compare them to Auglamour RT-1 which isn't easy, they both sound weird when directly switching and require couple of minutes so that your hearing adjusts a bit. Based on reviews, I expected T2 to be easily better but that isn't the case. T2 is cleaner in the mid range and treble, with more details and more transparent, but RT-1 stands proudly under T2 in these areas because it already has a respectable amount of them plus a better bass response (even if it's north of neutral by a solid amount and I dislike this, gotta give credit where credit is due) + RT-1 also has a slightly wider stage while isolating like a champ. For me, RT-1 almost always represents a song worse than T2 more or less because I value T2's virtues a lot, but sometimes RT-1 hits a right note so to speak.

In the end, both of these are spectacular and reproduce very well rounded sounds with minimal trade offs. Picking Auglamour for commute though, no questions about that.

Thanks for the comparison, I'm coincidentally waiting for both of these in the mail and planning to use RT-1 for commuting too.

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #6,441 of 31,833
FYI, UiiSii CM5 is on sale for $8.99 shipped on Amazon. That's a ridiculous price for juicy graphene goodness. You aren't going to find anything that touches the CM5 for $9.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07415PGTY

Be sure to clip the coupon to get the 25% discount :)

P.S. - If you do pick up a set, try out the KZ Starline tips. Miles better than any of the included UiiSii tips (others have recommended the same magical combination as well, but YMMV).
Thank You for the valuable info. I cannot find the discount compon. Any sugestión ? Thanks !

FYI, UiiSii CM5 is on sale for $8.99 shipped on Amazon. That's a ridiculous price for juicy graphene goodness. You aren't going to find anything that touches the CM5 for $9.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07415PGTY

Be sure to clip the coupon to get the 25% discount :)

P.S. - If you do pick up a set, try out the KZ Starline tips. Miles better than any of the included UiiSii tips (others have recommended the same magical combination as well, but YMMV).

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #6,444 of 31,833
Dear All,

Could some kind members make a list of the 10 must have IEMs for Us newbies.

Thank You !! Much obligad
You know it's impossible right? It's just opinions, plus most of the fun of cheap Chi-Fi is discovering new stuff.

I would say get some KZ ATR (5$), that's a good place to start :p

That said I actually came here to open the debate on the best Iem closer to the 100$ mark (since we usually discuss the cheaper end of the bracket).
In the last few months I had 1More Triple Driver, F9, IT01 and FH1.

1More are gone (muddy, uncomfortable), so are F9s (guess I Did mind the treble peak after all).

IT01 will stay with me forever. V shape done so well, you wouldn't want to call it V shape. Plus there's that ridicolous cable.

FH1 arrived a few days ago, surprisingly good isolation, impeccable comfort. While not as good as IT01 (just missing some treble and separation), they are also here to stay.

Jan 30, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #6,445 of 31,833
Ok, so the Versaudio Azalea is still on that pre-order sale price of $25. It does come in a small white box with just the logo and a paper with the specs stuck on the back. Inside there is a decent case with the iems and a two more pair of tips.
IMG_20180130_141530.jpg IMG_20180130_141637.jpg
IMG_20180130_141354.jpg IMG_20180130_141423.jpg

A bit of an old-school package with just the bare essentials. Of course, nowadays the Asian manufacturers often times provide quite the superior unboxing experience and spoiling the people, as it was just just few years ago where ine wouldn't even get a case in order for the manufacturer to keep the price as low as possible.

Anyway, this is very small and has a decent cable with the exact same dual mode mic remote as the aaw nebula two. It has one micro DD + one BA. I don't have much time for it now, but it's pretty good actually, fairly flat, smooth and neutral

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #6,446 of 31,833
You know it's impossible right? It's just opinions, plus most of the fun of cheap Chi-Fi is discovering new stuff.

I would say get some KZ ATR (5$), that's a good place to start :p

That said I actually came here to open the debate on the best Iem closer to the 100$ mark (since we usually discuss the cheaper end of the bracket).
In the last few months I had 1More Triple Driver, F9, IT01 and FH1.

1More are gone (muddy, uncomfortable), so are F9s (guess I Did mind the treble peak after all).

IT01 will stay with me forever. V shape done so well, you wouldn't want to call it V shape. Plus there's that ridicolous cable.

FH1 arrived a few days ago, surprisingly good isolation, impeccable comfort. While not as good as IT01 (just missing some treble and separation), they are also here to stay.

Razorpakk...Thank you...that is very useful...Good starting point !!

I can see it is addictive !!

Best !

Jan 30, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #6,447 of 31,833
@Nymphonomaniac :

Thank you very much for the Zhiyin 5000 advice! This is simply the BEST money spent in last fifteen years of my big/small purchases of audio equipment and exceeded all my expectations. Generally I hate iems due to comfort and sound issues. This thing is unbelievable, tight, full bodied, bassy, open and feels very very dynamic....like a mustang!

mustang.jpg

Jan 30, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #6,448 of 31,833
Received today 2018 **** ASE.....
ASE.front.box.jpg

ASE.rear.box.jpg

rear of box states 3 dynamic, 1 BA..... not true , there are 2 dynamic and 1 BA in each earpiece

ASE.in.box.jpg

ASE.jpg

Now sporting KZ starline tips and ready to listen...

ASE.remote.jpg

Attachments

• ASE.front.box.jpg
    ASE.front.box.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ASE.rear.box.jpg
    ASE.rear.box.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 0
  • ASE.in.box.jpg
    ASE.in.box.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 0
Jan 30, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #6,449 of 31,833
Received today 2018 **** ASE.....

rear of box states 3 dynamic, 1 BA..... not true , there are 2 dynamic and 1 BA in each earpiece

Now sporting KZ starline tips and ready to listen...

Hehe no it state 8 dynamics+3dynamics+1 armature: Audacious implementation here:wink:

Construction look good, i'm not the only one to be very very intrigued by these so we wait for your impressions ASAP!!!!!

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #6,450 of 31,833
OK, so the Versauduo Azalea is actually quire good. I was sceptical how it will sound, especially given that it's a new company from Singapore with zero product history.

I took a gamble because of the low sale price and you should have seen my look when I saw that cheap bland white cardboard box with a "tear here inscription" on the back like a Amazon bag. Then I saw the case inside with a crooked Versaudio plate on it and that didn't help although it is actually nice. Then I tried it out and wasn't sceptical anymore. It's neutral and natural sounding. The low end could be a bit tighter, but I haven't even done any tip-rolling and I am impressed for the price. Nice tone and balance, good presence of the vocals, well-extended upper treble.

It doesn't have anything really wrong or standing out of place like not being cohesive or being dry or shrill or too bassy like most cheap iems, especially hybrids, which usually have at least one really glaring flow. They definitely did some R&D and know how to tune stuff as the Azalea is apparently their first product and it's tuned really really well. For 25 bucks that's a bargain - yeah, nothing impressive about the package, no fancy magnetic flap, manuals, pictures. Maybe I should try to contact them and suggest at least a some kind of sleeve for the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back