CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 14, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #5,206 of 31,833
Is it possible you just got a defective pair? Maybe they're all awesome and you just got a bad pair? That happens with all gear - I've gotten defective IEMs and stuff before.
This is what I was thinking....but a fellow headfier just receive the same junk in term of sound from same seller....so, 2 X benifit of the doubt= don't think so.

Seller kind of say to me that bass distort and its normal, just....mute the music so it do not make it!

As I pay 100$, perhaps I will go with what seller suggest wich is to pay half of shipping cost, still it 25$cad in garbage, will have prefer giving this to charity or something. I know from the begining it will be hell from how the seller answer....like, always with a stooopid smiley face at they end of very minimalist and ''naive'' message. Yep, he laugh his ass off about his consumers once transaction is done.

About Black List of not trustable product, perhaps it will be less complicate than sellers....will see....just don't really have time for this super-heros stuffs. In fact, reference list need a BIG update already, ah....homeworks, homeworks.
200w.gif

Dec 14, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #5,208 of 31,833
Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #5,209 of 31,833
Been absent due to a death in the family recently.

I've been following on email but not posting, there's a lot of post complaining about harsh earphones in particular the Seahf AWK009. The Seahf is a bright earphone but it's not harsh, the issue is not everyone can tolerate strong treble. Simply put the problem is specific to you as an individual, you are sensitive to treble. Everyone has a limit and it's not necessarily linear, I find some earphones are too harsh because they have a peak around 2kHz - 3kHz, also earphones that have the true meaning of sibilance (over pronounced S sound) get on my tits as well.

Understand that the issue might be related to your own preference and for another user the issue doesn't exist - everyone hears differently.

In terms of value the Seahf is probably amongst the best performers under $20 and totally outclasses the Swing IE800 in terms of soundstage but because of its bright signature it might not work for everyone.

Hopefully will be back to reviewing soon but family is a priority at the moment.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #5,210 of 31,833
Dec 15, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #5,212 of 31,833
They look and (as far as what I read) sound very similar to the **** UE(s), is that correct?
Near correct:wink:
More mids and bass than UEs hybrid, but a little less detailed too. And 5$ less most of time as well. I find them more fun than UEs, but I like UEs too for treble sparkle. I prefer UES same housing without big BRO writing on it....just my esthetical taste here cause there far from ugly.

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #5,213 of 31,833

I've been following on email but not posting, there's a lot of post complaining about harsh earphones in particular the Seahf AWK009. The Seahf is a bright earphone but it's not harsh, the issue is not everyone can tolerate strong treble. Simply put the problem is specific to you as an individual, you are sensitive to treble. Everyone has a limit and it's not necessarily linear, I find some earphones are too harsh because they have a peak around 2kHz - 3kHz, also earphones that have the true meaning of sibilance (over pronounced S sound) get on my tits as well.

Understand that the issue might be related to your own preference and for another user the issue doesn't exist - everyone hears differently.

In terms of value the Seahf is probably amongst the best performers under $20 and totally outclasses the Swing IE800 in terms of soundstage but because of its bright signature it might not work for everyone.

Hopefully will be back to reviewing soon but family is a priority at the moment.

Condolences on your loss.

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #5,214 of 31,833

Sorry to hear of your loss Vidal.

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #5,215 of 31,833

So very sorry to hear this. Of course family is priority...any time.

Dec 15, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #5,218 of 31,833
Skullophile said:
We need a list of iems to stay away from eh.
Yes, because a review can be good or bad. A negative review that is backed up with a similar experience from somenone else is solid, in my book. It serves the community.
Perhaps somebody should make a thread about that....sometime I feel like an invisible headfi slave...when its something like reference list because I do this all alone in the dark. I need to finish this list first its out of date so....I think a thread about WORST chifi IEM can be VERY VERY usefull. I guess it will be a quite depressive thread tough lol I can open one but it should run by himself after. Including Aliexpress shop that sell conterfeit and defective item can be a MUST too. well well, who is the super hero now?
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #5,219 of 31,833
Nice entertaining review and I think you just sold me on a pair. Thanks Bro!
Ya welcome Bro.
I think if you pay 4$ more for a better quality cable it worth it, I use silver plated cable with mine and it open up the sound a little as well as give better imaging and details and feel more well calibrated, strangely, with stock cable it sound more peaker and harsh....should have listen more and compare cable more for review but once I find the one pairing I love I never really go back to stock cable. This IEM really make me beleive in cable quality change....silver plated I use do not make them brighter at all, but more realistic sounding....I read a review on Audiob......t that consider these as kind bright and was like Whaaaaaaat? When you check his graph you even more like whaaaaat?

Dec 15, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #5,220 of 31,833
Nice, if I pick them up I can try the cable from my IT01s when they both arrive. I'm still thinking of picking up the DM5 or RT-1s or FiiO FH 1 too. Probably the DM5s or FiiOs then I can share the mmcx cables amongst them depending if I'm using them at work or home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back