CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 22, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #4,009 of 31,845
Are the 1more triple driver E1001 the best earphones/headphones for $100? I mostly listen to rap and top 100 music. Will be used unamped.

No, much better earphones available for a fraction of that price, although the E1001 are nicely made and packaged.

Try my website for other options www.aproear.co.uk

Oct 22, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #4,011 of 31,845
Listened with CM5 on LG V20 Vol:30/75 (Spotify):

Linkin Park - Numb
Papa Roach - Last Resort
Aerosmith - I don't want to miss a thing (Touchstone version)
The Doors - Riders on the storm

These are tracks I know.

I will use the Aerosmith piece which is orchestra-like since there are quite some instruments. The intro is beautiful with the snare drum and cello(i believe?). I also noticed a deep bass hump 1.49-2.00.

Details: I can hear drums, guitar on the left, piano and violins on the right. Cymbal clash on the left. Vocals are central and forward from the instruments. There are also some pretty central drums and guitar in the middle of the song. Closing to the end there is the triangle(tinging sound) on the left as well.

Btw, I am hearing this at work and CM5 does not have the isolation like KZ ZS3 so i might have missed out some sounds.

Apologies if I am wrong with some of the instrument names. Never could remember them.

Thanks for the feedback! I had the ZS3 for a couple of months and overall liked it. Do you think CM5 is better than ZS3 for rock music?

Oct 22, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #4,013 of 31,845
It's true that things slow right down around October in China because of the holiday, probably similar to delays in the west during Christmas break but more severe. The 9 tail is awesome but I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the NC50. In comparison it's more ergonomic, lighter and has more authority in the bass region. Soundstage is killer too.

True we have our busy season, but we also aren't taking week off, 2 days on, week off 3 days on, then a week off... and they include Christmas and western and Chinese New Years as holidays too.

Either way it's kinda confusing. Say they're on vacation after date for week has ended, says it will be a few days until status changes and shipped to HK to process ad ship, yet then somehow it's packaged and shipped during holiday and weekend. Lol, it's arriving tomorrow now... so heck if I know how to figure what gets done when with all this... just glad they arrive tomorrow

Oct 23, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #4,015 of 31,845
Thanks for the feedback! I had the ZS3 for a couple of months and overall liked it. Do you think CM5 is better than ZS3 for rock music?

Hi there, you are welcome. Thanks to you, i actually found such a beautiful piece of song. The last time I heard it would be almost 2 decades ago. :astonished:

Listening to the same song with the ZS3, in terms of details retrieval and bass thickness, I would say CM5 does beat out the ZS3. The CM5 is 20 bucks so I would expect it to do so.

However, the sound signature is quite different. CM5 puts you right in the 1st row as compared to ZS3 middle section seats.

If you are worried that the music would sound small, you will be quite surprised. :wink:

Oct 23, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #4,016 of 31,845
Oct 23, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #4,018 of 31,845
Ok Svara Red has more of a classic V shape with a bit more bass than the T2. The T2 is a more neutral sounding iem but presents bass when it is present, sound is great on both

Users who are viewing this thread

Back