CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 23, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #4,021 of 31,833
True we have our busy season, but we also aren't taking week off, 2 days on, week off 3 days on, th
spider dog-large.jpg
en a week off... and they include Christmas and western and Chinese New Years as holidays too.

Either way it's kinda confusing. Say they're on vacation after date for week has ended, says it will be a few days until status changes and shipped to HK to process ad ship, yet then somehow it's packaged and shipped during holiday and weekend. Lol, it's arriving tomorrow now... so heck if I know how to figure what gets done when with all this... just glad they arrive tomorrow

It is not their fault that you do not know of their long standing traditions. Most sites do display warnings of delays, albeit you may have to search diligently to find it. I have dealt on and off with China factories for 30+ years. The vast majority of them work hours that would kill most people. I've had them call me in the middle of their night from home just to give me a timely answer. It may seem excessive holiday time, but believe me...they EARN it. The upside is that you only need to fall prey to this one time and you never forget. So when the package arrives I hope it meets your expectations. Otherwise you may be eternally bummed out.

Oct 23, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #4,023 of 31,833
It is not their fault that you do not know of their long standing traditions. Most sites do display warnings of delays, albeit you may have to search diligently to find it. I have dealt on and off with China factories for 30+ years. The vast majority of them work hours that would kill most people. I've had them call me in the middle of their night from home just to give me a timely answer. It may seem excessive holiday time, but believe me...they EARN it. The upside is that you only need to fall prey to this one time and you never forget. So when the package arrives I hope it meets your expectations. Otherwise you may be eternally bummed out.

Agreed.

In my experience Chinese work what seems like around the clock, then ‘save’ their leisure time up for holidays.

Contrasted with much of Europe, who also work very hard but in general spread the leisure time throughout each day. For example, working less overall hours each day, closing early, extended lunch, etc. But taking less holidays throughout the year.

USA kind of falls in between the 2 extremes.

No right or wrong way. Just different approaches to balance life and work.

As you mentioned though, the Chinese holidays catch a lot of people off guard until you become aware of them and compensate accordingly.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #4,024 of 31,833
today's arrivals: **** XBA 6in1, QKS DM7 & QKZ DM800

Hah interesting. Some of the QKZ stuff is pretty decent. I am curious about the 6in1 though since it completely missed the hype train and there has been almost nothing said about it.

Oct 23, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #4,025 of 31,833
today's arrivals: **** XBA 6in1, QKS DM7 & QKZ DM800

I’ll be curious as to your impressions of the DM7.

Mine were quite disappointing. Maybe mine were due to QC.

Hopefully you’ll like yours better.

Oct 23, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #4,027 of 31,833
The ****'s are actually quite comfortable and sound good, fit just like the T2's. The DM800's are rather awful but for £2.69 what was I to expect. The DM7's have the widest nozzles I have ever seen, sound ok just have to find suitable tips

Oct 23, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #4,028 of 31,833
Can anyone compare the following IEMs:

Betnew H1
BGVP DM5

I’d like to try 1 of the 2 for the 11.11 sale.

I’d love to know how either compares to the Magaosi K3 Pro, especially with the DM5’s physical resemblance to the K3.

DM5 seems to be dual drivers, reported to have Knowels 30042 BA + Graphene, but who knows if the Knowles is genuine or not.

Betnew H1 is triple driver (2BA+1DD). Not sure on the driver specs.

Thanks

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #4,029 of 31,833
Update QKZ DM7's with Symbio Mandarine wide bore, small tips sounds quite good to my ears. Bass became much more impactful, will burn them in for a bit.

Oct 23, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #4,032 of 31,833

Betnew H1
BGVP DM5

I’d love to know how either compares to the Magaosi K3 Pro, especially with the DM5’s physical resemblance to the K3.

DM5 seems to be dual drivers, reported to have Knowels 30042 BA + Graphene, but who knows if the Knowles is genuine or not.

Thanks

Yeah, they are on my radar as well.

Betnew is rated at 8 Ohms impedance and 96+/-3 dB sensitivity. The BA is a custom developed unit and 1 of the DD is a 9mm. That is about all I can dig up on the deployed drivers. Oh, there is a 3 way crossover as well.

The Betnew H1 is advertised as making sub-bass below 20Hz audible or felt. On top of that, the bass unit is built with AKG K3003 in mind.

DM5 is advertised as quad drivers. Dual DDs and double BA unit. Impedance is 32 Ohm and sensitivity is rated at 120 dB.

I suspect that the DM5 has a double graphene diaphragm which is advertised as a double DD. I don't think it's that huge to fit dual 10mm drivers.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #4,033 of 31,833

Betnew H1
BGVP DM5

Thanks

DM5 is a quad driver ala. KZ ZS5 actually. I don't have the K3 Pro but I do have the Audbos branded K3 which wasn't supposed to be all too different and I'd take the DM5 over it. Cleaner sounding, more detail, better extension end to end, amazing sub-bass. They are quite bright and v-shaped though, at least to me.

Oct 23, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #4,034 of 31,833
Hello,

I might like to treat myself for 11.11. I have zs5 and although I'm liking the range and frequency curve but I find the treble a bit artificial compared to my XE800's trebles. Hopefully the Swing IE800 will suit my needs.

Could anyone compare DM5 BGVP, Moni One, and MAgaoski K3 Pro or something below 100usd-50usd?

Oct 23, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #4,035 of 31,833
Yeah, they are on my radar as well.

Betnew is rated at 8 Ohms impedance and 96+/-3 dB sensitivity. The BA is a custom developed unit and 1 of the DD is a 9mm. That is about all I can dig up on the deployed drivers. Oh, there is a 3 way crossover as well.

The Betnew H1 is advertised as making sub-bass below 20Hz audible or felt. On top of that, the bass unit is built with AKG K3003 in mind.

DM5 is advertised as quad drivers. Dual DDs and double BA unit. Impedance is 32 Ohm and sensitivity is rated at 120 dB.

I suspect that the DM5 has a double graphene diaphragm which is advertised as a double DD. I don't think it's that huge to fit dual 10mm drivers.
amazon is showing a bluetooth version of the betnew for $57, which is cheaper than the listings on ali. it appears to be the same unit. that 9O impedance seems awfully low-can that be right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back