CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 14, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #3,316 of 31,845
Just contacted the seller, he told me I ordered the original ones with dd + ba, I'm happy!

what source do you use to drive your earphones? is it your phone or a dap?

Before, it was my phone, and I was really satisfied with the sound quality (since I don't have anyone around me with audiophile equipment sadly, a smartphone was the best source I had) I heard about the walnut randomly, and after reading a lot about it, I bought the zishan z1 and I now realize how important is the source, and how much better the sound is with the Sony ex450 who were really held back by the phone's source.

That's because you've made a great deal with the Sony ex450 who really cost 45€ ! Actually, I don't think you can find a better chinese earphone for 20€ ... These Sony are exceptionnal for the price.

Oh, judging by your name, I assume you must be French as well. I'm kinda surprised your created your account just to answer me xD.
That's actually the regular price for these earphones now on many websites, although it is still pricier in America for instance.
Do you own these earphones as well? If so, I'd really like to have your opinion about it and especially if you tested other budget iems!

Aug 14, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #3,318 of 31,845
Just took delivery of my KZ ZSE's today. Had a short run of it.

It was excellent, no make that fantastic for pop music with bass. Not quite the best when it came details, but it was still better than a lot of other earphones in that. The Urbanfun Hifi was still better at that but lost out big time when it came to the bass. Effortlessly smooth bass !!!

In short, I had the best rendition of U2's classic "Where the Streets Have No Name" in years !!

( Don't know if additional burn-in will help or not as there was still some murkiness when it came to some vocals delivered at certain wavelengths/ frequencies. )

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #3,319 of 31,845
So what's the difference between the old urbanfun hifi and the new mkii? Anyone tried the single dynamic beryllium driver?

Aug 14, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #3,321 of 31,845
Just contacted the seller, he told me I ordered the original ones with dd + ba, I'm happy!

Before, it was my phone, and I was really satisfied with the sound quality (since I don't have anyone around me with audiophile equipment sadly, a smartphone was the best source I had) I heard about the walnut randomly, and after reading a lot about it, I bought the zishan z1 and I now realize how important is the source, and how much better the sound is with the Sony ex450 who were really held back by the phone's source.

Oh, judging by your name, I assume you must be French as well. I'm kinda surprised your created your account just to answer me xD.
That's actually the regular price for these earphones now on many websites, although it is still pricier in America for instance.
Do you own these earphones as well? If so, I'd really like to have your opinion about it and especially if you tested other budget iems!

Well I owned the Sony Ex450 but I've broken them last month ... So i decided to buy the Einsear T2 . These are very good for Hip-hop, House, Pop-rock but i'm listening a lot of Classical music (Mendelssohn, Malher, Chostakovitch ...) and they've got some lacks for that kind of music comparing to the Sony ex450. However i like the comfort of the Einsear when i'm listening them in bed and they've got pretty much details at low volume.

I'm still looking for a substitute to the Sony around 40€ in chinese brand but i think i'm gonna buy those Ex450 again. It reminds me the story of the Sony MH1 which were incredible earphones for 50€ (even 20€ in 2013) but can't be found nowadays. Sony's earphones are often on sale after some months so it's always a good idea to keep an eye on this brand because they've got a lot of good products.

So I'm listening to everyone who can find me good earphones under 50 dollars especially to listen Classical music. Of course I'll share with you any good ideas ... :wink:

Aug 14, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #3,324 of 31,845
Hi there!
I have been using my Tennmak pro's for almost a year now and absolutely love them.
But I've got an itch to try some new iems.
What iem would you recommend In the 20$ range?
Thanks!
KZ ZS5

they are astounding

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #3,326 of 31,845
P8140046.JPG
FIIO F5+Q1 Mark II using the balanced output is a real delectable joy my friends.

Will came back with more impressions, just share a pic here. Make like half an hour I listen to it.....

I think FIIO have the cheapest solution for balanced amping, and it wasn't enough, cause it's a Ipod DAC too...wich i much needed without any output on the new models!!!

More info here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...sb-dac-chip-dac-ak4452-20-hours.855282/page-5

And for F serie there reviews on headfi.

Strangely, I do not have to install any driver on my window 10 and it work very well with VLC, should try with Audirvana soon.

For now, soundsignature is more a neutral one, but I abstein to share impressions...need at least 5 hours listening!

Cheers!!

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #3,327 of 31,845

FIIO F5+Q1 Mark II using the balanced output is a real delectable joy my friends.

Will came back with more impressions, just share a pic here. Make like half an hour I listen to it.....

I think FIIO have the cheapest solution for balanced amping, and it wasn't enough, cause it's a Ipod DAC too...wich i much needed without any output on the new models!!!

More info here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...sb-dac-chip-dac-ak4452-20-hours.855282/page-5

And for F serie there reviews on headfi.

Strangely, I do not have to install any driver on my window 10 and it work very well with VLC, should try with Audirvana soon.

For now, soundsignature is more a neutral one, but I abstein to share impressions...need at least 5 hours listening!

Cheers!!

I've been drooling over the FiiO Q1 Mark II, but I haven't found it for sale anywhere. Where did you get yours from Nympho?

Aug 14, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #3,328 of 31,845
Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/IJZVJr2y

Graphene Drivers. Anyone going to GP?

These got quite praised on earbud forums (headfi as well as facebook).

But DIY MX500 are the cheapest real deal:wink::wink:....read so much different impressions....not find any negative yet.

Still....as a new earbuds addict, will perhaps try them cause the promise are big, and detailed sounding it look like:)

Aug 14, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #3,329 of 31,845
I've been drooling over the FiiO Q1 Mark II, but I haven't found it for sale anywhere. Where did you get yours from Nympho?

http://www.son-video.com/Rayons/Ampli-DAC-portable/Fiio-Q1-II.html
https://www.headphones.sg/fiio-q1-mark-ii-portable-portable-headphone-amp-dac-black/
(for now....fast google search)

OH, and I just find this hehe:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...fi-certified-dac-amp-starts-right-now.855440/

Mine, it's when I write to JamesFiio about my E7 DAC-AMP that I try to repair and he kindely offer me reviews samples of some of his new products (especially this new Q1 MarkII), as you see above...FIIO love reviews:wink:

Quite a nice DAC-AMP, smooth and detailed, with high gain and bass gain, 3.5, 2.5 output, IOS compatibility etc....quite an all-in one little beast!

Aug 15, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #3,330 of 31,845
Received today my Magaosi BK50 1DD+1BA, first impression is: these are the most clear and detailed iem my ears have ever tried. I heard micro details that no other iem had been able to deliver. This is possible for the great instrument separation these hybrid provide.
On Vidal site it's said that many consider these BK50 the best iem under $50..I am now one of those who think so.
**** 4in1 and Urbanfun are no match in details and instrumental separation. Moreover these are also the most aesthetically pleasing (citing Loomis). These are bulky but they have angled insertion so the fit is excellent, with great isolation. only downside is the cable pretty microphonic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back