CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 13, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #3,301 of 31,845
A sound similar to the Sony would be really great!

I'm still new to the technical terms, so I'll try my best what I like about them :
-Super comfortable, like the zircon.
-Soundstage with the zishan z1 is quite wide and not narrow.
-It gets really loud, louder than any of the other iems I have.
-The bass in these are awesome for me, they are really punchy, deep, so I guess a bassy earphone would be appropriate for me.
-There are a lot of details.
-They are really fun to listen to. Like, when I listen to them, I usually shake my head, sing along sometimes, and it's just blissfully good. (As such, I don't like cold iems I think)

So I guess I'm just looking for something really similar to the ex450 / ex 650 (I own both) but just.. Better I guess and not at a high price if possible. I'd like to upgrade on a budget, 100 euros, but ideally around 20-30 would be awesome (I'm scared to spend a lot of money on one pair..)

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #3,302 of 31,845
A sound similar to the Sony would be really great!

I'm still new to the technical terms, so I'll try my best what I like about them :
-Super comfortable, like the zircon.
-Soundstage with the zishan z1 is quite wide and not narrow.
-It gets really loud, louder than any of the other iems I have.
-The bass in these are awesome for me, they are really punchy, deep, so I guess a bassy earphone would be appropriate for me.
-There are a lot of details.
-They are really fun to listen to. Like, when I listen to them, I usually shake my head, sing along sometimes, and it's just blissfully good. (As such, I don't like cold iems I think)

So I guess I'm just looking for something really similar to the ex450 / ex 650 (I own both) but just.. Better I guess and not at a high price if possible. I'd like to upgrade on a budget, 100 euros, but ideally around 20-30 would be awesome (I'm scared to spend a lot of money on one pair..)

I say wait for your Urbanfun HiFi to arrive (assuming you did indeed get the proper dual driver hybrid version and not the single driver beryllium version). If you ordered it somewhat recently, the correct hybrid version will have a GRAY (not black) cable.

The Urbanfun HiFi is basically what you're looking for based on your above description.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #3,303 of 31,845
I say wait for your Urbanfun HiFi to arrive (assuming you did indeed get the proper dual driver hybrid version and not the single driver beryllium version). If you ordered it somewhat recently, the correct hybrid version will have a GRAY (not black) cable.

The Urbanfun HiFi is basically what you're looking for based on your above description.

Crap.. I had no idea there were 2 versions :/.
Seems like I ordered the single driver one, is there a really big difference?

Aug 13, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #3,304 of 31,845
Crap.. I had no idea there were 2 versions :/.
Seems like I ordered the single driver one, is there a really big difference?

I only have the dual version. But yeah, there is a difference (because they are a different design obviously). All of the praise around HF and review sites is for the hybrid version, since that was kind of the "original" Urbanfun.

Maybe you got the right version after all, you never know.

Here's some photos:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Aug 13, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #3,305 of 31,845
Meeeeeh, that is so stupid..
I ordered the black one with black wires, so it's 100% the beryllium one. Oh well, I guess I should've paid more attention :/

Thanks for your help though.

Edit : Actually, I'm confused. I bought the urbanfun here : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...2a-4c65-953f-6ad38d0ed664&transAbTest=ae803_1

And I remember at the time, there were only 2 choices, not 3.
Aliexpress takes a screenshot of the item and the title at that time was :
"New URBANFUN 3.5mm In Ear Earphone 1DD With 1BA Hybrid Drive HIFI Metal Earphone Monito Headset Earplug With Mic Free Shipping"
Now it is :
"Hot URBANFUN 3.5mm In Ear Earphone 1DD+1BA Hybrid/Beryllium Dynamic Driver HIFI Metal Earphone Headset With Mic Free Shipping"
The screenshot of the item = Black & green top with gray cable. Perhaps I got the right version after all ?
The wait is killing me.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #3,306 of 31,845
Meeeeeh, that is so stupid..
I ordered the black one with black wires, so it's 100% the beryllium one. Oh well, I guess I should've paid more attention :/

Thanks for your help though.

Edit : Actually, I'm confused. I bought the urbanfun here : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...2a-4c65-953f-6ad38d0ed664&transAbTest=ae803_1

And I remember at the time, there were only 2 choices, not 3.
Aliexpress takes a screenshot of the item and the title at that time was :
"New URBANFUN 3.5mm In Ear Earphone 1DD With 1BA Hybrid Drive HIFI Metal Earphone Monito Headset Earplug With Mic Free Shipping"
Now it is :
"Hot URBANFUN 3.5mm In Ear Earphone 1DD+1BA Hybrid/Beryllium Dynamic Driver HIFI Metal Earphone Headset With Mic Free Shipping"
The screenshot of the item = Black & green top with gray cable. Perhaps I got the right version after all ?
The wait is killing me.

Yeah, so the deal is many of the sellers are as confused as everyone else. The single driver version used to be different colors vs the hybrid which were only available in green and black. But Urbanfun made the change to have both driver configurations in the green and black housings (along with changing to a new style of cable). The only visual differences are 1. the grey (hybrid) vs black (single driver) cable, and 2. the driver type is written on the box in Chinese.

Why they made it confusing like that is beyond me. As you said you'll just need to wait and see what you got. Maybe you'll get lucky and receive the hybrid version.

Let us know once it arrives.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #3,307 of 31,845
Loomis or Vidal, I need your advice: which other iem in your collections sound closest to the Vivo Xe800? Neutral and detailed. They say it's easy to get fakes and cable is very fragile so I am thinking an alternative but with similarly signature. Thanks in advance

I would go for these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...Mwebp_QL65&dpPl=1&dpID=31COA9JJOHL&ref=plSrch

I know @Vidal and @loomisjohnson rate them highly as I bought them on @Vidal recommendation.

They are bright and highly detailed, with nice bass that is not overdone.

Aug 14, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #3,308 of 31,845
From the descriptions, think he got the 'originals'.

But those are very articulate and yet smooth earphones. I like it that they are excellent for the type of music I listen. Mostly very delicate stuff such as solo vocals and acoustic instrumentals. They are good for classical music too.
For most "light pop", its excellent too.

But its hard to beat the Vivo XE800 when its used for classical music, especially virtuoso solos such as concertos be it violin, cellos or pianos. The instrument separation is just sooooo good !

But both lack that little bit of extra pop/ punch when it comes to heavier stuff such techno / trance and rock though.

Aug 14, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #3,309 of 31,845
Hello people!

I'd like to have your opinion on something. I bought ~6-7 Chinese earphones in total hoping to find something better than the Sony ex450 that I bought for 20 euros, yet I must say I was quite disappointed..

Here are the iems I acquired in order :

-Piston 2
-Rock zircon
-Piston hybrid
-Kz zst
-Einsear t2
-Uiisii HM7
-Urbanfun hifi (will receive it this week)

Yet, I don't know why, but.. I don't like the way they sound. I thought that at least, they would be superior to the Sony bought directly from Amazon at 20 euros, but that's not even the case.

Is there something wrong with me? For instance, I find the Einsear T2 average at best and boring and I couldn't understand the hype with the zircon while everyone else were praising them..

I'm really asking myself if my ears are defective, if it is personal taste, or something else.

Any help/opinion would be really helpful.
what source do you use to drive your earphones? is it your phone or a dap?

Aug 14, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #3,311 of 31,845
There are a few of these Graphene diaphragm drivers floating around.

That looks to be the same earbuds as the Hangrui DIY MX760 with a different wire. The Hangrui one costs less though.

Then there is this "co-axial diaphragm" Mifo R1 with graphene which looks very interesting too. (though the specifications look pretty bland ... )

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...ative_id=SB_20170813225717&isViewCP=y&catId=0

Aug 14, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #3,312 of 31,845
Headphones marketed with "graphene" don't have to sound good/better than others in their price range, I disliked Xiaomi Pro HD and apparently, it's a graphene driver(s). NiceHCK DIY graphene earbud is quite new but so far people really like them. Here is a review, comparing it mostly to Shoozy BK - many times more expensive earbud.

Aug 14, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #3,313 of 31,845
Hello people!

I'd like to have your opinion on something. I bought ~6-7 Chinese earphones in total hoping to find something better than the Sony ex450 that I bought for 20 euros, yet I must say I was quite disappointed..

Here are the iems I acquired in order :

-Piston 2
-Rock zircon
-Piston hybrid
-Kz zst
-Einsear t2
-Uiisii HM7
-Urbanfun hifi (will receive it this week)

Yet, I don't know why, but.. I don't like the way they sound. I thought that at least, they would be superior to the Sony bought directly from Amazon at 20 euros, but that's not even the case.

Is there something wrong with me? For instance, I find the Einsear T2 average at best and boring and I couldn't understand the hype with the zircon while everyone else were praising them..

I'm really asking myself if my ears are defective, if it is personal taste, or something else.

Any help/opinion would be really helpful.

That's because you've made a great deal with the Sony ex450 who really cost 45€ ! Actually, I don't think you can find a better chinese earphone for 20€ ... These Sony are exceptionnal for the price.

Aug 14, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #3,315 of 31,845
Loomis or Vidal, I need your advice: which other iem in your collections sound closest to the Vivo Xe800? Neutral and detailed. They say it's easy to get fakes and cable is very fragile so I am thinking an alternative but with similarly signature. Thanks in advance

the "ADAX 5-40hz Earphones" ($16 on Amazon) have a very similar signature to the Vivo, albeit with more midbass thwack. I'll post impressions shortly, but they're quite a find and probably a notch above the Vivo. The TY Hi-Z G3 (which Vidal worships) would also fit the bill--the Seafh AWK 1009 are cheaper and similar but also with more bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back