CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 10, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #3,288 of 31,845
Came across this QKZ KD6, seems to be 3x Dynamic Drivers on each side.

Looks interesting but can't seem to find anything on it. Anyone got any ideas ??
QKZ-KD6-Earphone-6-Units-Balanced-Armature-BA-Drivers-In-Ear-Monitor-Noise-Cancelling-Custom-Earphone.jpg_200x200.jpg

Nevermind ... mystery solved, its just a rebadged
YINJW P8.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #3,289 of 31,845
Hello guys, need some advise on IEMs: Sorry I dont have time to g through 200 pages of discussion O_O

Any suggestion on a neutral sounding IEM with good build quality??
I'd previously used vsonic GR 07 and vsonic vc1000. They're really great sound quality wise but problem is the build quality is pretty bad - all of the will loss sound on one side of the earphone within 1 year. Even my sister who is pretty careful has a vsds within 1 year.

Anyone can recommend a good neutral headphone with similar sound quality with good build quality (esp the wiring part).

Thanks!!
the vivo xe800 are derived from and very similar to the gr07--balanced with excellent clarity, but i can't tout their build quality; the cable is especially frail. i'd try the einsear t2 or, for a step up, the moni one

Aug 10, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #3,290 of 31,845
Hi there!
I have been using my Tennmak pro's for almost a year now and absolutely love them.
But I've got an itch to try some new iems.
What iem would you recommend In the 20$ range?
Thanks!
i used to tout the urbanfun as the king of the $20 range, tho depending on whether you prefer a brighter, more energetic signature they may have been displaced by the e-mi cI800 (which are also marketed as the c630), which are a real mutha. both outgun the tennmak by a margin.

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #3,291 of 31,845
Hi there!
I have been using my Tennmak pro's for almost a year now and absolutely love them.
But I've got an itch to try some new iems.
What iem would you recommend In the 20$ range?
Thanks!
KZ ZS5 for a very different sound experience than the PRO. Less than 20$ right now on Gearbest.
Some head reviews (including mine):https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/knowledge-zenith-zs5.22479/reviews
Are you open for earbuds too? If so, Vido (4$) or especially DIY MX500 are really a MUST:)

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #3,292 of 31,845
KZ ZS5 for a very different sound experience than the PRO. Less than 20$ right now on Gearbest.

US$18.99 as a flash sale. I had never ordered from GearBest before but, for ~$22 shipped, why not?

Thanks for the pointer.

Aug 10, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #3,293 of 31,845
US$18.99 as a flash sale. I had never ordered from GearBest before but, for ~$22 shipped, why not?

Thanks for the pointer.

Yeah, you can trust this store but shipping can be little long (china ya know), less than 2 month long Aliexpress, it take between 2-4 weeks for shipping to canada.

Aug 10, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #3,294 of 31,845
Yeah, you can trust this store but shipping can be little long (china ya know), less than 2 month long Aliexpress, it take between 2-4 weeks for shipping to canada.

Quicker with ePacket

Aug 10, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #3,295 of 31,845
i used to tout the urbanfun as the king of the $20 range, tho depending on whether you prefer a brighter, more energetic signature they may have been displaced by the e-mi cI800 (which are also marketed as the c630), which are a real mutha. both outgun the tennmak by a margin.
You really prefer Urbanfun to ZS5, like even for fun factor?
Urbanfun are more serious sounding and more appropriate for serious music tough.

But now...the emi ci800 hype begin to intrigue me alot now....

Aug 10, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #3,296 of 31,845
You really prefer Urbanfun to ZS5, like even for fun factor?
Urbanfun are more serious sounding and more appropriate for serious music tough.

But now...the emi ci800 hype begin to intrigue me alot now....
i actually fully agree with your thought process...the uf is technically the "better" iem in the sense of being a more accurate reproduction of the source material, while the zs5 is more exciting energetic listen. everybody needs both. the emi sorta splits the difference

Aug 13, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #3,298 of 31,845
Hello people!

I'd like to have your opinion on something. I bought ~6-7 Chinese earphones in total hoping to find something better than the Sony ex450 that I bought for 20 euros, yet I must say I was quite disappointed..

Here are the iems I acquired in order :

-Piston 2
-Rock zircon
-Piston hybrid
-Kz zst
-Einsear t2
-Uiisii HM7
-Urbanfun hifi (will receive it this week)

Yet, I don't know why, but.. I don't like the way they sound. I thought that at least, they would be superior to the Sony bought directly from Amazon at 20 euros, but that's not even the case.

Is there something wrong with me? For instance, I find the Einsear T2 average at best and boring and I couldn't understand the hype with the zircon while everyone else were praising them..

I'm really asking myself if my ears are defective, if it is personal taste, or something else.

Any help/opinion would be really helpful.

Aug 13, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #3,299 of 31,845
Hello people!

I'd like to have your opinion on something. I bought ~6-7 Chinese earphones in total hoping to find something better than the Sony ex450 that I bought for 20 euros, yet I must say I was quite disappointed..

Here are the iems I acquired in order :

-Piston 2
-Rock zircon
-Piston hybrid
-Kz zst
-Einsear t2
-Uiisii HM7
-Urbanfun hifi (will receive it this week)

Yet, I don't know why, but.. I don't like the way they sound. I thought that at least, they would be superior to the Sony bought directly from Amazon at 20 euros, but that's not even the case.

Is there something wrong with me? For instance, I find the Einsear T2 average at best and boring and I couldn't understand the hype with the zircon while everyone else were praising them..

I'm really asking myself if my ears are defective, if it is personal taste, or something else.

Any help/opinion would be really helpful.

So what type of sound are you looking for? Neutral, bright, v shaped, u shaped, detailed, fun, smooth, cold, warm, etc? Something close in sound to the Sony?

Aug 13, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #3,300 of 31,845
Loomis or Vidal, I need your advice: which other iem in your collections sound closest to the Vivo Xe800? Neutral and detailed. They say it's easy to get fakes and cable is very fragile so I am thinking an alternative but with similarly signature. Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back