CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 27, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #3,078 of 31,849
Hi guys,

Sorry to barge in like this... But 206 pages... Too much :frowning2: I was wondering if someone could point me to some good all-around Chinese earphones. Price is not really an object, but I want them to be worth the money of course. I listen to various types of music, thus the need for all-around, or as close to it as gets. Oh, and I do like to feel my bass. Not for it to overpower the rest, but man, I love and want to feel it.

Any advise would be much appreciated (-:

Jul 27, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #3,079 of 31,849
Hi guys,

Sorry to barge in like this... But 206 pages... Too much :frowning2: I was wondering if someone could point me to some good all-around Chinese earphones. Price is not really an object, but I want them to be worth the money of course. I listen to various types of music, thus the need for all-around, or as close to it as gets. Oh, and I do like to feel my bass. Not for it to overpower the rest, but man, I love and want to feel it.

Suggest KZ ZS3: bass oriented IEMs with detachable cable. Really comfortable and with a ridiculous price!

Jul 27, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #3,080 of 31,849
Hi guys,

I have a stack of reviews on my site - see signature link. In the sub $50 best bang for buck (with respectable bass) in my opinion are the KZ ZS5 and Urbanfun HiFi. There are lots of others out there, if you're based in the UK/EU and have prime membership there is the Winingtone RB601 which are stupidly good value for what they deliver. KZ ZS3 are a decent earphone but there are now better options.

Jul 27, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #3,081 of 31,849
I have a stack of reviews on my site - see signature link. In the sub $50 best bang for buck (with respectable bass) in my opinion are the KZ ZS5 and Urbanfun HiFi. There are lots of others out there, if you're based in the UK/EU and have prime membership there is the Winingtone RB601 which are stupidly good value for what they deliver. KZ ZS3 are a decent earphone but there are now better options.

I have Both the KZ. I agree with you on the general better quality of the ZS5, but i've suggested the ZS3 because of the Aliante's request about the "Bass", a bit weak in the ZS5.

Jul 27, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #3,082 of 31,849
I have Both the KZ. I agree with you on the general better quality of the ZS5, but i've suggested the ZS3 because of the Aliante's request about the "Bass", a bit weak in the ZS5.

Some have said the bass is too much with the ZS5 as well, I think it's about right. However, even for bass forward earphones there are better options than the ZS3 the Winingtones being an example, as you also get a balanced filter.

Jul 27, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #3,083 of 31,849
Some have said the bass is too much with the ZS5 as well, I think it's about right. However, even for bass forward earphones there are better options than the ZS3 the Winingtones being an example, as you also get a balanced filter.

I've looking at some IEMs to train my ear and overall listening, without spending over 70 euro and to compare them with the KZ ZS5 i own and use every day. I read some very good reviews about the PMV A-01 MK2, some suggest to go on RHA 750. Can you please give me your opinion?

Thank you

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #3,084 of 31,849
I've not heard the PMV but I don't rate the RHA 750 that highly. I've got a pair somewhere and they've never been used for a very long time as I find them a little dull.

@peter123 has a review of the PMV on Aproear with comparisons to their predecessor, the LZ A2S and TFZ Series 5 - he rates them highly.

Jul 27, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #3,085 of 31,849
KZ ZS3 and 5 look very unaesthetic to me :frowning2: I want something stylish, smooth, preferably white, or maybe titanium.

Last earphones I got were the Tennmak crazy cellos (. Loved them. Now one side is barely audible. Not sure what's wrong with it?)

@Vidal, only 3 earphones under premium equipment? I must repeat that I don't care about the price. But still I wouldn't buy $1000 earphones, that can easily end up being "worse" than 100 earphones. You know :)

Jul 27, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #3,086 of 31,849
The reviewer is probably spot on, I very much doubt a phone will give you a decent volume with those (maybe a LG V10 would). Try something like the Monk+, Qian 25, Ty Hi Z 32 or similar if earbuds are your thing and you don't want to purchase a headphone amp or dac/amp

Thank you, I'll check them as well. But does anyone actually have a hand-on experience with high impendance headphones? Are they really useless without amplifier or are they simply 'not loud'?

Jul 27, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #3,087 of 31,849
KZ ZS3 and 5 look very unaesthetic to me :frowning2: I want something stylish, smooth, preferably white, or maybe titanium.

Last earphones I got were the Tennmak crazy cellos (. Loved them. Now one side is barely audible. Not sure what's wrong with it?)

@Vidal, only 3 earphones under premium equipment? I must repeat that I don't care about the price. But still I wouldn't buy $1000 earphones, that can easily end up being "worse" than 100 earphones. You know :)

Only 3 so far :yum:

It's @peter123 who provides the premium equipment reviews on Aproear, we only just started yesterday. He has an entire library of reviews on here which I will be publishing over the next few weeks, they deserve a wider audience (which hopefully they get).

I'm the budget IEM hound, sub $50 is my area. I have heard the Crazy Cello but I thought they lacked a bit of treble emphasis for my preference.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #3,088 of 31,849
Yes! I think you guys are doing a wonderful project. I really dislike the clutter of forums and 99% of (for me) unimportant info. Like digging through dirt in search of gold.

Moni One seems nice, but the reviewer gives it a negative on comfort for "straight down wear" due to heaviness of the cables, and also an inferior lows when compared to LZ A4.

LZ A4 definitely seems to be the favorite at the moment. Unless someone suggest something else :)

Jul 27, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #3,089 of 31,849
Moni One seems nice, but the reviewer gives it a negative on comfort for "straight down wear" due to heaviness of the cables, and also an inferior lows when compared to LZ A4.

LZ A4 definitely seems to be the favorite at the moment. Unless someone suggest something else :)

I'm looking at the following: -
  • Moni One
  • LZ A4
  • Magosi K3
  • Kinera H3
  • Pinnacle P1
  • Veedix NC50
  • Pioneer CH9T
Also considering something from Trinity - I've been reviewing budget earphones and I want something that I can compare them to from the price bracket above. Not in any immediate rush though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back