CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 22, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #2,476 of 31,833
  They aren't good? That's too bad, they cost $30.

Hum.....yes, will listen to them more, but from my 6 different earphones order that go from 15 to 50$ they were the less impressive....but perhaps I should begin to beleive in burn in....the construction is so nice tough, metal body, very flexible cable....I can't beleive they sound so...well...normal. Will try to write a review and listen more to them so put on hold your deception about my subjectivity
wink_face.gif

I have the same subjective deception about **** 4in1...so, perhaps for both is or burnin or ear tips issue, jsut don't hook me at first listen.

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #2,477 of 31,833

I have the same subjective deception about **** 4in1...so, perhaps for both is or burnin or ear tips issue, jsut don't hook me at first listen.

Lol. All headphones need to be burned in, don't come here complaining about the bad sound when they are brand new. :wink:

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #2,478 of 31,833
  Lol. All headphones need to be burned in, don't come here complaining about the bad sound when they are brand new. :wink:

Hum, I think burnin is like watching a flower growing, if it's plain ugly at the begining....lot of chance that they still are when fully blossom. But, there are exception....sometime patience can be rewarded.

Be sure, here, the debate still going on about burnin...some people might laugh at you when you talk about how it can permit to fully relax the diaphragm of driver.

About the PMV i'm very unsure, about the ****...well, will listen to it more, but the wearing is another drawback. Listening right now to the PMV with the Xduoo X3 really solve the piercing sound problem.

Apr 23, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #2,479 of 31,833

This is absolute rubbish, some headphones do loosen up but to say all headphones need burning in is a fallacy. The sellers who tell you to do this do so to make it less likely you'll return them to give you more time to accept/adjust to the sound of the new ones.

Even with the AKG K701 the differences are minor at most and these are headphones infamous for 'burning in', yes while an expert can hear differences the sound doesn't change significantly and there's no mention of improvements just changes. 

Then there is this from Shure in relation to their IEMs.
"Shure has tested some thoroughly used pairs of its E1 earphones, which first launched in 1997," Gardiner writes. "And guess what? They measure the same now as when they came off the line. In fact, during the 15 years Shure has been actively selling earphones, its engineers have reached the same conclusion again and again: The sound produced by these tiny transducers during final testing is the same sound you’ll get in a day, in a year, and in five years."

Apr 23, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #2,480 of 31,833
  This is absolute rubbish, some headphones do loosen up but to say all headphones need burning in is a fallacy. The sellers who tell you to do this do so to make it less likely you'll return them to give you more time to accept/adjust to the sound of the new ones.

Even with the AKG K701 the differences are minor at most and these are headphones infamous for 'burning in', yes while an expert can hear differences the sound doesn't change significantly and there's no mention of improvements just changes. 

Then there is this from Shure in relation to their IEMs.

No one in my life has ever told me that headphones need burning in, before or after I found Headfi, I also don't know a single person into the Audiophile community in person and to this day I still haven't met another person into it. 

I figured out that headphones need burning in on my own, whether you agree with me, doesn't matter. I know for a fact that headphones need burning in, yes, some more than others, some also probably burn them in at the factory so they sound better when the consumer gets them. Whatever the reason is that a headphone sounds better after it's had some electrical juice and really good quality music through it, is beyond... but it needs to happen before the sound goes through my ears. I've learned from real life errors of listening to headphones before they were burned in. You can believe me or not, it doesn't really matter. I know what I believe is the truth from my own experience, because it is the truth.

Apr 23, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #2,481 of 31,833
  No one in my life has ever told me that headphones need burning in, before or after I found Headfi, I also don't know a single person into the Audiophile community in person and to this day I still haven't met another person into it. 

I figured out that headphones need burning in on my own, whether you agree with me, doesn't matter. I know for a fact that headphones need burning in, yes, some more than others, some also probably burn them in at the factory so they sound better when the consumer gets them. Whatever the reason is that a headphone sounds better after it's had some electrical juice and really good quality music through it, is beyond... but it needs to happen before the sound goes through my ears. I've learned from real life errors of listening to headphones before they were burned in. You can believe me or not, it doesn't really matter. I know what I believe is the truth from my own experience, because it is the truth.

My experience and that of some audio experts differs that's the point I'm making.

The key point is you say you know for a fact, when really it's a belief nothing more. Nothing wrong with beliefs, just don't paint them as fact otherwise you're misleading others.

Apr 23, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #2,482 of 31,833
  My experience and that of some audio experts differs that's the point I'm making.

The key point is you say you know for a fact, when really it's a belief nothing more. Nothing wrong with beliefs, just don't paint them as fact otherwise you're misleading others.

I had a hearing test a while back, and both ears were in the low 10/15's... I don't know what that means exactly, but I do know it means my hearing is pretty damn good. While teenagers and young adults were going to bars and nightclubs listening to loud music and to watch DJ's, I was one of the only ones and probably the only one wearing ear plugs. 

I must admit, it lowered the quality of the experience, in many of the situations, but it also heightened my ears intelligence in burning in and other forms of sounds that other people can't hear because they've damaged their hearing too much.

I enjoy our conversation, it's not a debate, or an I'm right and you're wrong, it's just more than an opinion, it's pretty much a fact. Everyone has a different brain and experience and even though it's my fact, not my opinion, it may be opposite to someone else. That's one of the weird things about our human culture.

Apr 23, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #2,483 of 31,833

I enjoy our conversation, it's not a debate, or an I'm right and you're wrong, it's just more than an opinion, it's pretty much a fact. Everyone has a different brain and experience and even though it's my fact, not my opinion, it may be opposite to someone else. That's one of the weird things about our human culture.

Apologies if English isn't your native language but really you should look up what the differences are between facts, beliefs and opinions.

Apr 23, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #2,484 of 31,833
I had a hearing test a while back, and both ears were in the low 10/15's... I don't know what that means exactly, but I do know it means my hearing is pretty damn good. While teenagers and young adults were going to bars and nightclubs listening to loud music and to watch DJ's, I was one of the only ones and probably the only one wearing ear plugs. 

I must admit, it lowered the quality of the experience, in many of the situations, but it also heightened my ears intelligence in burning in and other forms of sounds that other people can't hear because they've damaged their hearing too much.

Eh, if you're seriously considering your own opinion to be a fact I think you'll end up in many not so nice discussions in here. Opinions and facts are opposites.....

The fact that you seem to believe that your hearing is superior to everyone's else's is probably going to have the same effect, what absolute rubbish.

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #2,487 of 31,833
Eh, if you're seriously considering your own opinion to be a fact I think you'll end up in many not so nice discussions in here. Opinions and facts are opposites.....

The fact that you seem to believe that your hearing is superior to everyone's else's is probably going to have the same effect, what absolute rubbish.

If personal opinions from personal experience and facts are opposites that how did facts come to be? From devices gauged to notice something that someone can make an opinion from? I mean, come on now, we don't always need "facts" when there is an obvious difference. What is that difference called in the electronic community? 99.9% of people know that after a long time and enough electricity and loud music play through a speaker or headphone that the sound will change. What's it scientifically called? Is there really no term for it? Then I guess everyone is in denial. Or is the brain really playing tricks on us? I kind of doubt that.

PS: I never said my hearing was better than anyone else's, I don't even know what low 10/15's is, all I know is I have good hearing. I have no idea who anyone else on this website is, so I'm not and never was saying that I have better hearing than them.

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #2,488 of 31,833
@LaughMoreDaily

A fact is something that can be proven 'to be' with evidence so that others can see it. 

An opinion is a statement that has an element of belief as it can't be proven to others.

Your stated belief 'that all headphones need burn in' needs evidence or proof to become a fact without it it's just an opinion. I thought this sort of stuff was taught in schools, perhaps it explains a lot about 'alternative facts'. You'll need to have at least listened to all headphones for this to even start to be anything more than opinion. I'm guessing you haven't?

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #2,489 of 31,833

Your stated belief 'that all headphones need burn in' needs evidence or proof to become a fact without it it's just an opinion. I thought this sort of stuff was taught in schools, perhaps it explains a lot about 'alternative facts'. You'll need to have at least listened to all headphones for this to even start to be anything more than opinion. I'm guessing you haven't?

If you re-read what I said I didn't say all headphones need burn in, maybe I make it seem like I did, and maybe I did, but I didn't mean it that way. Some headphones may or may not com pre-burned in and they sound great out of the box, but it could also be the quality components they use. I haven't heard all headphones in the world, but I can tell from the vast amounts of headphones I've bought from reading opinions on this website, that they do in fact need burn in. That's my personal fact, take that for what you will. 

I know you review headphones, so you're laying down the line of being the moderate in the conversation, but I'm pretty sure you already know what you know.

PS: A lot of alternative facts or conspiracies are also real facts that have been covered up. However, the internet like the world is a melting pot of opinion and facts are easy to erase, cover up, or forget they even exist. If you haven't figured this out already (you can research this if you like), but from what I'm come across is that humans are all groomed the same way, and the development is very slow and minimal, and it looks to be that there are actually people (or "aliens") controlling the human civilization in their own way for good or bad, and we're going along with it.

Facts are almost useless today, people believe so many lies.

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #2,490 of 31,833
  If you re-read what I said I didn't say all headphones need burn in, maybe I make it seem like I did, and maybe I did, but I didn't mean it that way. 

So in summary you were talking crap?
Originally Posted by LaughMoreDaily /img/forum/go_quote.gif 
Some headphones may or may not com pre-burned in and they sound great out of the box, but it could also be the quality components they use.

You have evidence to support this pre-burned in statement, pretty sure it wouldn't be cost effective in mass production environment in fact a huge waste of resources. Again crap?
 That's my personal fact, take that for what you will.

Again not a fact, you're really struggling with this fact/opinion thing aren't you?

PS: A lot of alternative facts or conspiracies are also real facts that have been covered up. However, the internet like the world is a melting pot of opinion and facts are easy to erase, cover up, or forget they even exist. If you haven't figured this out already (you can research this if you like), but from what I'm come across is that humans are all groomed the same way, and the development is very slow and minimal, and it looks to be that there are actually people (or "aliens") controlling the human civilization in their own way for good or bad, and we're going along with it.

Facts are almost useless today, people believe so many lies.

Holy rambling motherlode!  Alien control, internet conspiracies and grooming, if only you'd mentioned the illuminati and chemtrails you'd have qualified for a free deluxe tin foil hat. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back