CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 25, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #2,131 of 31,868
  Did not heard the E10, but look like theyr are single dynamic driver so yes, for sure, Urbanfun will be an ''upgrade'' cause they avec 1 dynamic and 1 balanced drivers, guess they will be a little less bassy with more details and better instruments separation. It's a guess tough. But it certainly not a bad choice!
Tennmak pro are still excellent too, less detailed, more bassy, wider soundstage and detachable cable. It's dual dynamic drivers, less neutral than the Urbanfun but very energic and fun too!

buddy, multiple drivers aren't everything. so we can't just say that it will be an upgrade. You gotta listen to the GR07BE (single driver) and then come back and compare them with the a 3 way hybrid like the T-Peos H-150. I'm sure you will definitely question your theory on hybrid vs single DD. The T-peos cannot touch the 07BE's in any area, be it the treble, mids or bass.

Feb 25, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #2,132 of 31,868

buddy, multiple drivers aren't everything. so we can't just say that it will be an upgrade. You gotta listen to the GR07BE (single driver) and then come back and compare them with the a 3 way hybrid like the T-Peos H-150. I'm sure you will definitely question your theory on hybrid vs single DD. The T-peos cannot touch the 07BE's in any area, be it the treble, mids or bass.

I'm pretty sure that's why upgrade was in quotation marks; to emphasis that it's not necessarily an upgrade, but different. 

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #2,133 of 31,868

Disagree with your reasoning if not your conclusion on this one my friend, IE800 are 'only' a single dynamic and yet Sennheiser can justify a £600 price tag.

My single dynamic Ty Hi-Z G3s are exceptional for openness, detail and imaging, because of this I prefer them over the Urbanfuns even if they lack some bass in comparison. I haven't heard the E10 so I can't make a comparison between those, but I certainly wouldn't rule out a single dynamic over a hybrid because of it's simplicity.

Totally agree. Multi drivers just bluff. Nothing guarantee it's better than single driver product.

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #2,134 of 31,868

Disagree with your reasoning if not your conclusion on this one my friend, IE800 are 'only' a single dynamic and yet Sennheiser can justify a £600 price tag.

My single dynamic Ty Hi-Z G3s are exceptional for openness, detail and imaging, because of this I prefer them over the Urbanfuns even if they lack some bass in comparison. I haven't heard the E10 so I can't make a comparison between those, but I certainly wouldn't rule out a single dynamic over a hybrid because of it's simplicity.

Oh! Don't get me wrong here, I use '' '' for the word upgrade, should perhaps explain better. Some single dynamic or balanced driver are incredible for sure and go up in price as well, I read a little about E10....Tennmal Piano are one driver and kick ass of lot of dual drivers in his price-range.

Will perhaps try the Ty Hi-z G3 soon cause of you now héhé, addiction is coming back.

I really got to listen to the IE800, read so much about them, and i'm extremely sceptical of his price tag (how a driver can worth that much is out of this world, so the sound should be to I guess). You listen to them right????

I sold all my ultra expansive earphones-headphones, since they weren't kicking ass enough (except for the Grado GS1000, but 1000$ still to high).

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #2,135 of 31,868

I really wasn't in a big serious sound philosophical debate with this guy, personaly I like different soundsignature, so different type of driver and number could certainly help for that, just for the sake of have some (better than not so great KZ ZS1 that sound weak for exemple). It's all about the art of sound equalibration, in one drivers it can even be more simple to achieve a more harmonious and natural sound presentation, lot of dual drivers have frequencies battle that make them sound artificial I found.
Anyway, yes, I got alot of other good earphones to try, just obsess with UrbanFun right now...even if it make 3 months I got them.

Earbuds are good exemple of the power of single drivers too...

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #2,136 of 31,868

Totally agree. Multi drivers just bluff. Nothing guarantee it's better than single driver product.

Bro, what is your favorite earphones under 100$?
i'm very interested by your opinion here.

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #2,137 of 31,868

Bro, what is your favorite earphones under 100$?
i'm very interested by your opinion here.

I heard few phones around $50 price range. And I seldom listen to singing. I mainly listen to orchestra works. So my oponion may not be suggestive. The best under $100 I heard now is ADV M4. But when on sale, KEF M200 could be under $100, which is one of the best sound quality in any price range.

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #2,138 of 31,868
Hum....you know the KEF 200 are dual drivers right?
Don't want to open the subjective debate back but I was surprise neitherless lol :

''Combining a 10mm LF driver and a 5.5mm neodymium MF/HF driver, KEF's unique Dual Dynamic Driver (DDD) array creates an engagingly natural sound right across the frequency range.''

Thanks for the suggestions, will check them out. But here it's Chinese earphones....so will not talk about them, keep it in my Top Secret list.

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #2,139 of 31,868
  Hum....you know the KEF 200 are dual drivers right?
Don't want to open the subjective debate back but I was surprise neitherless lol :

''Combining a 10mm LF driver and a 5.5mm neodymium MF/HF driver, KEF's unique Dual Dynamic Driver (DDD) array creates an engagingly natural sound right across the frequency range.''

Thanks for the suggestions, will check them out. But here it's Chinese earphones....so will not talk about them, keep it in my Top Secret list.

I Know.
biggrin.gif

I didn't negate multi-drivers. But I'm not superstious on multi-drivers either.

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #2,140 of 31,868
I heard few phones around $50 price range. And I seldom listen to singing. I mainly listen to orchestra works. So my oponion may not be suggestive. The best under $100 I heard now is ADV M4. But when on sale, KEF M200 could be under $100, which is one of the best sound quality in any price range.

If you can find them, the Magaosi k1 are just freaking awesome. I'm told they share the house sound of their new big brother K3 and that's so I'm impressed because the K1 is the most enjoyable IEM I've heard. I got mine for ~$50 on 11/11. If the price is closer to $100 however, I'd look for a deal on the K3 pro (again, I haven't heard these yet but you all know I will sooner rather than later unless there's a k4 in the meantime)

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #2,141 of 31,868
Magaosi look very nice....how would you describe the sound in few words?

Ali 11/11 deal went horribly wrong for me....did not receive any earphones....I order like 10 pairs, don't know what happen, guess the seller just don't send it. Now after more than 3 months reimbursment begin....the seller I order is already Banned from Headfi (Woo E...), and now I understand why!!!
mad.gif

Ali was good in the beginning but a lot of badlucks occur lately, should perhaps write about this somewhere so headfier know the risk relativity of some sellers. Anyway, it's more risky when you order lot of different earphones I think. Must of time, it's a dice you throw for the better or the worst.

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #2,142 of 31,868
Found, and ordered, another Ebony wood earphone, with removable cable.

It's the NiceHCK W1 - Earphone, 16Ω, 125dB/mW, 10Hz-24KHz, Ebony wood housing, 1x Dynamic, MMCX cable [$38.76, Sale Price]
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-New-NiceHCK-W1-In-Ear-Earphone-Ebony-Wood-Earphone-DIY-DJ-HIFI-Bass-Headset-Earplug/32720852808.html

It comes with a nice cable, and several different styles & sizes of ear tips.  The frequency response seems to have a mild "V-shape", with good Bass impact (down to 20-Hz); a slightly recessed Midrange; and clear, detailed Treble.

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #2,143 of 31,868
If you can find them, the Magaosi k1 are just freaking awesome. I'm told they share the house sound of their new big brother K3 and that's so I'm impressed because the K1 is the most enjoyable IEM I've heard. I got mine for ~$50 on 11/11. If the price is closer to $100 however, I'd look for a deal on the K3 pro (again, I haven't heard these yet but you all know I will sooner rather than later unless there's a k4 in the meantime)

To be honest, I hesitate spending hundred $ for Chinese DIY products. I tried some budgeted, not satisfied. They may be good for music like pop, but definitely not for large orchestra works.

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #2,144 of 31,868

To be honest, I hesitate spending hundred $ for Chinese DIY products. I tried some budgeted, not satisfied. They may be good for music like pop, but definitely not for large orchestra works.

For budget ochestra stuff, I reccomend trying out the VSD5S from Vsonic. Got a pair yesterday myself and other than the lackluster bass it's rendition of instrument and soundstage is quite something for the price.

Feb 27, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #2,145 of 31,868
For budget ochestra stuff, I reccomend trying out the VSD5S from Vsonic. Got a pair yesterday myself and other than the lackluster bass it's rendition of instrument and soundstage is quite something for the price.

Interesting! I manage with the KZ ZS3 and ATR.

Yeah multiple drivers can be over hyped. My creative Aurvana In-Ear3 was so mid centric despite the dual BA setup.

I decided to take the plunge on single BA Brainwavz B100 on Massdrop but before that I was actually considering the Mi Earphones Pro HD (2DD1BA) as the demo set I tried sounded pretty decent.

I also listen to orchestra stuff but haven't found a definitive favourite yet. VSD5S is an interesting choice in that price range :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back