CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 8, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #2,057 of 31,833
Would you consider the sound quality of the nightingale better than the Boarseman?

Tricky as I haven't got the Boarseman to hand - I'm waiting on a batch from AE

From memory the KR49 are not bassy and are actually quite refined. The GGMM have a real bass thump to them with the foams I use, they're bass canons but with a decent treble, mids are a little recessed.

Feb 10, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #2,059 of 31,833
I just saw that VE is offering an Espresso edition. They look really nice. Does anyone know how they compare to the Monk+? I may settle for the coffee color if they sound the same, but Lee said there would be a difference in tonal qualities because its a different cord used. Are there any noticeable differences between the Espresso Monk+ and standard Monk+.. or even the Cotton Candy vs regular Monk+?

Feb 11, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #2,060 of 31,833
  I just saw that VE is offering an Espresso edition. They look really nice. Does anyone know how they compare to the Monk+? I may settle for the coffee color if they sound the same, but Lee said there would be a difference in tonal qualities because its a different cord used. Are there any noticeable differences between the Espresso Monk+ and standard Monk+.. or even the Cotton Candy vs regular Monk+?

I just received the VE Asura 2.0 (2.5TRRS) & VE Monk Plus (2.5TRRS) "Espresso" in the mail today.  Venture Electronics included a standard set of VE Monk Plus (3.5TRS), as a gift.  While I have listened briefly to all of them, I haven't done any critical comparisons, yet.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Feb 11, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #2,062 of 31,833
I just received the VE Asura 2.0 (2.5TRRS) & VE Monk Plus (2.5TRRS) "Espresso" in the mail today.  Venture Electronics included a standard set of VE Monk Plus (3.5TRS), as a gift.  While I have listened briefly to all of them, I haven't done any critical comparisons, yet.

Take Care,
David Baldock
in
Oh, ok. I look forward to reading a review from you. I have a set of the ty hi-z earbuds coming in, because i was looking for more bass. But i do enjoy the monk+ sound sig.

Feb 11, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #2,064 of 31,833
in
Oh, ok. I look forward to reading a review from you. I have a set of the ty hi-z earbuds coming in, because i was looking for more bass. But i do enjoy the monk+ sound sig.

The VE Monk Plus (3.5TRS) can be connected directly to the single-ended output on my Onkyo DP-X1, and the VE Monk Plus (2.5TRRS) "Espresso" comes with an adapter cable (3.5mm TRS Plug to 2.5mm TRRS Jack), so it can also be connected to the same output.  I'm using the "doughnut" foams on both earbuds.  No EQ used in the Onkyo Music app, and the Digital Filter is set to Sharp.

I'm looping on the track "Miserere", from Out of Time and Country (24-bit, 176.4-KHz) [ http://www.marecordings.com/main/product_info.php?cPath=43&products_id=167 ], and switching back & forth between the Espresso Monk Plus and the standard Monk Plus. To me, the differences are very subtle, but the Espresso model seems to have a slightly more open sound stage.  It just doesn't seem like the overall sound of the Monk Plus is affected very much by the difference in cables, when connected to the single-ended output.

However, when I connect the balanced cable of the Espresso model to the balanced output of the DP-X1 (and doing my best to match volume levels), the they do sound better.  The Bass impact seems deeper, and the sound stage seems wider.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #2,065 of 31,833
Hey all,

I've barely stepped into the world of decent audio and am currently using some Zircons and find them good on highs with slightly recessed miss but too bassy for my taste.

Can someone recommend me a cheap pair with better detail and soundstage? Currently looking at KZ ZST and UiiSii HM7. Also I noticed an UiiSii HM8 recently, are they better than the HM7s?

Feb 13, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #2,066 of 31,833
Hey all,

I've barely stepped into the world of decent audio and am currently using some Zircons and find them good on highs with slightly recessed miss but too bassy for my taste.

Can someone recommend me a cheap pair with better detail and soundstage? Currently looking at KZ ZST and UiiSii HM7. Also I noticed an UiiSii HM8 recently, are they better than the HM7s?

Tennmak Pros , no ragrets

Feb 13, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #2,067 of 31,833
I bought and reviewed these 3 headphones from AliExpress. Sound in-tone and Bluedio. Bluedio were far superior but the sturdy in-tone ones were good too for other reasons

Here's the link 

hope that helps someone. Happy to answer any questions about them too - just hit me up in the comments

Feb 14, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #2,068 of 31,833
A ghost came back,
just to say HI!
and perhaps to update the list of best earphones cause I get to listen lot of new one....but Aliexpress was a pain in they ass and I have lot of problems with orders and became frustrated about the whole chinese audiophile stuff....while still listening to music alot, just stop to buy compulsively cause i'm damn poor!

Perhaps i'm good now to suggest to be carefull with some dishonnest chinese sellers from ALI.

One that say he sell 3drivers earphones and that is not the case, so be carefull and stay AWAY from ''NAOI factory outlet store'' and NEVER spent 100$ on this 30$ worth (on Taobao) mediocre earphones!!!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DT1000-headset-in-general-DIY-high-end-fever/32690599652.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.zgFSKO
He was uncollaborative and never try to proof the 3drivers claim, I suspect that the 2 ''5stars'' reviews are false too....wich is a rampant phenomen in Aliexpress and perhaps on Headfi as well, I try to fight that, but do not have time and energy right now. I hate the false propaganda of corporate ********...so low so low (fi?)....

That and the fact that even if some earphones sound well, perhaps update about their durability will be needed. I'm a little confuse about working condition as well, especially when the earphones parts look like to have been glued by ''children'' in too productivist condition.

SO, my love story right now is about sub-20$ URBANFUN dualdriver balanced earphones....they sound so elegant and clear!

Another don't even have name and are sell by different store with different name, I fall in a trap and buy second pair for friends that have VERY BAD construction and ALL broke cause of cheap glue that can't stick the 2 earshell part properly, So, another warning, DO NOT BUY here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/dodocool-HIFI-In-Ear-Ear-bud-Double-Armature-Dynamic-Headphone-Wired-Moving-Iron-Coil-Canalphone-Earphone/32651762438.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.fA6qWgA

The first pair I bought for me are very very good and construction is professional, these DIY Wood dual drivers (DD+BA) are superb and smooth sounding with wide soundstage and kind of bassy soundsignature, mids are fowards, details got sparkle, I really adore them and at 20$ it's an UNKNOWN miracle.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-New-In-ear-DIY-Earphone-Dynamic-and-Armature-2-unit-Wood-Earbuds-HIFI-Earphones-Unique/32723531578.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.c3Nij6

So, that's it for now, I have other interesting earphones that I will talk about this week.

Cheers to all headfier and stay alert in this confuse audio world!

Feb 14, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #2,069 of 31,833
The first pair I bought for me are very very good and construction is professional, these DIY Wood dual drivers (DD+BA) are superb and smooth sounding with wide soundstage and kind of bassy soundsignature, mids are fowards, details got sparkle, I really adore them and at 20$ it's an UNKNOWN miracle.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-New-In-ear-DIY-Earphone-Dynamic-and-Armature-2-unit-Wood-Earbuds-HIFI-Earphones-Unique/32723531578.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.c3Nij6

So, that's it for now, I have other interesting earphones that I will talk about this week.

Cheers to all headfier and stay alert in this confuse audio world!

That last pair is described as Kinera BD006 - the Kinera BD005 is well known and regarded, they must have a new model out. 

Feb 14, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #2,070 of 31,833

That last pair is described as Kinera BD006 - the Kinera BD005 is well known and regarded, they must have a new model out. 

​Okay, yeah I forgot about this, Kinera product  look great and these one is strangely low priced and hard to find, as with chinese iem sometime they use original parts and change name...can't even find the BD006, perhaps on Taobao but I don't buy there. Anyway, be sure these one hit WAY above their price range.

The other Dodocool as kind of the same sound but construction is weak and this is quite depressing because I think inner part are the exact same DD and BA...

I try the **** 4in1 and don't understand the fuzz about them, sound dryish and small soundstage to my ear...but most of all is the form factor...wich is suppose to be over ear but should'nt ,I really don't find them wearable at all to be honnest!

Try the Musicmaker TW1, nice construction and VERY small! Sound is detailed and foward, will have to listen more but not bad at all for the price.

I really love the FAAEL 64ohm earbuds too and will perhaps make a review of them...

Qian39 is a big suprise too, vocal are so sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back